Gaming PlayStation 5

TheReligion

Abusive
This thing seems riddled with issues. I was keeping an eye out for one but I'm now going to wait till next year and hope they sort things out. I'd be annoyed if I got a dud that I had to send off straight away like many have had to do.
Same. Was initially disappointed I didn't get one but the more I've thought about it I'd rather wait until a few updates are available and pick one up hassle free in the new year.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I shouldn’t have to use the app.
Agreed. It annoyed me too...

Same. Was initially disappointed I didn't get one but the more I've thought about it I'd rather wait until a few updates are available and pick one up hassle free in the new year.
For what it's worth I've only had one issue, a hang (where I had to force shutdown by holding power) when I loaded no man's sky from a card.

AaronRedDevil

If I download the ps4 games on the ps5. Should I move those games over to the external hard drive? And keep the ps5 games on the PS5 hard drive.

Bojan11

If I download the ps4 games on the ps5. Should I move those games over to the external hard drive? And keep the ps5 games on the PS5 hard drive.
Where else you going to keep PS5 games?

You can play them off the external, but loading times won’t be improved but you will still get the better performance.

Tiber

Congrats. First was Astro, right?
Yea, I'm usually the sort of person who finishes the story and moves on. Usually don't even look at the trophy menu, but have enjoyed these two games and getting the plat hasn't involved large amounts of mindless grinding.

Maybe it's something I will work towards more often going forward. I Iooked at the plat for Mass Effect Andromeda, the game I was playing before PS5 arrived, but it involves grinding kills in multiplayer etc....feck that

Last edited:

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Yea, I'm usually the sort of person who finishes the story and moves on.s Usuallyon't even look at the trophy menu, but have enjoyed these two games and getting the plat hasn't involved large amounts of mindless grinding.

Maybe it's something I will work towards more often going forward. I Iooked at the plat for Mass Effect Andromeda, the game I was playing before PS5 arrived, but it involves grinding kills in multiplayer etc....feck that
Yeah, I tend to give games with multiplayer grinding a hard swerve. Rocket League is the only multiplayer game I've Platinumed (well, I suppose technically speaking Destiny as well) and that was due to the trophies being fairly straightforward.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Yea, I'm usually the sort of person who finishes the story and moves on. Usually don't even look at the trophy menu, but have enjoyed these two games and getting the plat hasn't involved large amounts of mindless grinding.

I’m the same I’ve never bothered because there isn’t any incentive, but might try for these two as well.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
These twunts automatically renewed my PS plus subscription for £49.99 the other day, now they’re giving it away for £32!

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Also do we think any PS5 games will drop in price for Cyber Monday or is it too soon?

Bojan11

Not sure but I’ve just finished Miles Morales. Maybe Sackboy if it goes down in price.
Might be for Xmas as it’s a PS4/PS5 game.

Demon Soul’s is probably only game I don’t expect to be on sale yet.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Can anybody help me. I tried recording something on my brand new and completely amazing PS5 the other night, playing Warzone, and it recorded the voices of my three mates chatting fine, but mine appeared muted even though my friends could obviously hear me. It wasn't a PS party chat but the in game version.I was wearing a headset and i specifically remember allowing my broadcasting to allow my voice, is there any way i can fix this or have it explained to me why it didn't work?

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Mine is starting to make a buzzing noise . The fans have got loud a couple of times (10-15 seconds when playing MM) but the buzzing is constant & a bit irritating. Seen a few other people have a similar issue. Annoying as it was nice & quiet until now.

Berbasbullet

Can anybody help me. I tried recording something on my brand new and completely amazing PS5 the other night, playing Warzone, and it recorded the voices of my three mates chatting fine, but mine appeared muted even though my friends could obviously hear me. It wasn't a PS party chat but the in game version.I was wearing a headset and i specifically remember allowing my broadcasting to allow my voice, is there any way i can fix this or have it explained to me why it didn't work?
I think it might be one of the privacy settings maybe?

Bojan11

Mine is starting to make a buzzing noise . The fans have got loud a couple of times (10-15 seconds when playing MM) but the buzzing is constant & a bit irritating. Seen a few other people have a similar issue. Annoying as it was nice & quiet until now.
@Alock1 has the same problem. He posted a vid the other day. Some YouTuber exchanged their console. I would just wait it out and get it exchanged in a few months.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
@Alock1 has the same problem. He posted a vid the other day. Some YouTuber exchanged their console. I would just wait it out and get it exchanged in a few months.
Yeah that’s what I’m planning on doing if it persists.

Tiber

My non-gamer fiancée absolutely loved Astro, which was a suprise to both of us.

Tonight is pay day, if Sackboy is good in two player I might pick it up along with a second controller.

I heard some Sackboy multiplayer has been delayed, but I think that was online. Anyone been playing in two player? Can you play the entire game together?

Tiber

The PS4 version of sackboy is £10 Cheaper than the PS5 version. The store listing seems to.suggest you get a free upgrade to the PS5 features.

Seems too good to be true.

CallyRed

Tempted to get Sackboy, never played Little Big Planet, but after playing a bit of Astro, might give it a go.

Any views on Watchdogs Legion? Not seen many comments on the game on here.

Tiber

Tempted to get Sackboy, never played Little Big Planet, but after playing a bit of Astro, might give it a go.

Watchdogs is a series which has totally passed me by. I heard the first game had issues, but they made two sequals so it must have something going for it

hobbers

If you like Astro Sackboy is definitely worth considering. I haven't played it but the LBPs were great fun in coop.

Kaos

Played it on PC with Ubisoft's own game pass. Its pretty medicore tbh, usual Ubisoft nonsense of having an open world stacked with tedious, repetitive tasks and the usual cliched story. I'd give it a pass until its on sale tbh.

Tiber

Think I might end up giving Sackboy a miss from now, buying it ontop of a Dualshock adds up a bit.

Crash 4 is on sale though. As much as I loved Crash N Sane, I was disappointed to see how much more Crash 4 cost at launch. Apparently it cost them a lot of sales

Last edited:

Brocky

Yeah, I tend to give games with multiplayer grinding a hard swerve. Rocket League is the only multiplayer game I've Platinumed (well, I suppose technically speaking Destiny as well) and that was due to the trophies being fairly straightforward.
Screw you and a big feck on your face, Damo. I never did get Flawless Raider or Raiding Party. I had every single weapon in the game. I completed everything there was to complete, many times over. I earned Gjallarhorn 7 times, ffs! But I never managed to get that Platinum. It burns me every time I am looking at my trophy list. :(

In other news: I have 21 Platinums. :cool:

CallyRed

Watchdogs is a series which has totally passed me by. I heard the first game had issues, but they made two sequals so it must have something going for it
Played it on PC with Ubisoft's own game pass. Its pretty medicore tbh, usual Ubisoft nonsense of having an open world stacked with tedious, repetitive tasks and the usual cliched story. I'd give it a pass until its on sale tbh.
Cheers for feedback. I never completed the first game but the novelty of it being in London got my interest.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
I hate the idea of it but has anyone on here paid eBay prices to get one?

I’ve had a bit of a bonus from work and can’t see any hope of getting a PS5 this side of the new year at normal prices. I am getting tempted so someone give me a slap please.

Berbasbullet

I hate the idea of it but has anyone on here paid eBay prices to get one?

I’ve had a bit of a bonus from work and can’t see any hope of getting a PS5 this side of the new year at normal prices. I am getting tempted so someone give me a slap please.
Don’t do it!

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Left it on rest mode last night but it had turned off through the night and I had an error message when I turned it back on. All working OK, but it’s put me off using rest mode now until further patches stabilise it.