Gaming PlayStation 5

Deery

Dreary
I have two controllers and I alternate if the battery gets low when I'm playing. I keep the spare one in the charging dock.

If I were you I'd try letting it drain a couple of times by playing wirelessly and then charge it and see if it starts to hold more charge.
Maybe I’ll do that aye. I’ll look into getting a controller also but that will most likely be for my birthday in February too much expense put into Christmas and such this year.

Deery

Dreary
Right just ordered a pair of those headphones, love the look of them and the price is going up and the sets are going down so don’t want to miss out.

Absolutely skint now so these better be good @STaphouse.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
I finished Kena the other day - would highly recommend for £32 (though I expect it to go on the next sale as it's been out for a few months now). A really enjoyable game with a surprising difficulty spike. Goes from 0-100 at times, but lots of fun. Not sure I have it in me to go back and find all the collectibles, as the lack of any markers/mini map probably makes it a bit more time consuming than it needs to be. That said I only have about 20 rots to collect and maybe 15 other things, so not too much.

Started Guardians of the Galaxy, really good so far. They've done a great job with the cast of characters and the battle system is much more fun than I was expecting.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I finished Kena the other day - would highly recommend for £32 (though I expect it to go on the next sale as it's been out for a few months now). A really enjoyable game with a surprising difficulty spike. Goes from 0-100 at times, but lots of fun. Not sure I have it in me to go back and find all the collectibles, as the lack of any markers/mini map probably makes it a bit more time consuming than it needs to be. That said I only have about 20 rots to collect and maybe 15 other things, so not too much.

Started Guardians of the Galaxy, really good so far. They've done a great job with the cast of characters and the battle system is much more fun than I was expecting.
Maybe if you spent more time reading books instead of playing games you wouldn't have got battered on the chase.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

I’ll be getting it when it goes on sale so I’ll have paid less than you for exactly the same experience.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Really struggling to motivate myself to play anything, everything seems boring to me.

Berbasbullet

What games do you normally like?
Anything with a good story, don’t mind 3rd or 1st person. I have Far Cry 6 that I have barely touched, and struggling to get into Death Stranding after leaving it so long.

Have you played Metroid Exodus? It’s a tenner at the mo and considering giving it a go.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Really struggling to motivate myself to play anything, everything seems boring to me.
I’m the same atm. I think there’s been a real lazy approach to creating most games in the last few years and I’m just sick of the same shit each time.

Berbasbullet

I’m the same atm. I think there’s been a real lazy approach to creating most games in the last few years and I’m just sick of the same shit each time.
Yeah exactly, only game I’m looking forward to is Horizon in February. But I sense that might not bring much new to the table.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
This year in particular has been a bad year for games. There have been some good/decent games, but nothing that truly stands out. Next year looks a little brighter in that aspect. But yeah, I just finished playing Hades and got nothing to play now. No games really excite me. I was going to start Death Stranding or Resident Evil Village because I haven't played them, but even then it's a bit...meh.

The last truly great game I played was The Last of Us Part 2.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Seeing as I'm going to be a bachelor soon with my own pad, I've been thinking of getting a decent steering wheel set up for the PS5 when GT7 arrives. Never owned one before, what's generally the best unit?
A decent wheel (thrustmaster?), GT omega stand, and car seat style gaming chair...

Welcome to the club ;)

Berbasbullet

Little bit tempted by the Sherlock Holmes game that’s just come out, anyone played it?

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
If I could make one change to returnal it'd be letting you carry two weapons at a time

No point in the shotgun or pistol when you can have the rotgut or hollowseeker.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Little bit tempted by the Sherlock Holmes game that’s just come out, anyone played it?
I haven't played it but was intrigued by it myself. Was reading a review on the Guardian and they gave it a good write-up. Something different as well which is what I'm looking for at the moment.

Irwin99

Restarted Demon's Souls after throwing a hissy fit a few months back and rage quitting. I'm making more progress but I still think Dark Souls 1 is a better designed game; they really improved on the formula and cleaned up a few things.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
This year in particular has been a bad year for games. There have been some good/decent games, but nothing that truly stands out. Next year looks a little brighter in that aspect. But yeah, I just finished playing Hades and got nothing to play now. No games really excite me. I was going to start Death Stranding or Resident Evil Village because I haven't played them, but even then it's a bit...meh.

The last truly great game I played was The Last of Us Part 2.
Death Stranding is fantastic I think. Definitely in the the top tier of games we got last gen.

That said, it's notably slow and many have a hard time getting into it, and maybe even accepting Kojima's ridiculously self-indulgent writing.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
If I could make one change to returnal it'd be letting you carry two weapons at a time

No point in the shotgun or pistol when you can have the rotgut or hollowseeker.
The shotgun is surprisingly effective in some levels. Especially if you're increasing stagger.

Side note, I had a automatic rocket launcher with the extra rockets and seeking flares. It was a joy to use, and melted everything, even bosses...

Berbasbullet

Restarted Demon's Souls after throwing a hissy fit a few months back and rage quitting. I'm making more progress but I still think Dark Souls 1 is a better designed game; they really improved on the formula and cleaned up a few things.
Ive never played a souls game, is it actually errrm fun? Or is it just grinding like hell? Is there a story?

Berbasbullet

I haven't played it but was intrigued by it myself. Was reading a review on the Guardian and they gave it a good write-up. Something different as well which is what I'm looking for at the moment.
Hmm I reckon it’ll go on sale quickly so might wait.

Irwin99

Ive never played a souls game, is it actually errrm fun? Or is it just grinding like hell? Is there a story?
There's little in the way of story but a lot of lore that you can choose to look at or not. They're very difficult games but the fun comes in conquering them and learning the attack patterns of enemies; also the boss fights and level designs are legendary and the character customization is great.

My advice would be to pick up either Bloodborne or Dake Souls 1 or 3 on sale and just see what you think. As tough as it is at first remember you will get better ;)

Berbasbullet

There's little in the way of story but a lot of lore that you can choose to look at or not. They're very difficult games but the fun comes in conquering them and learning the attack patterns of enemies; also the boss fights and level designs are legendary and the character customization is great.

My advice would be to pick up either Bloodborne or Dake Souls 1 or 3 on sale and just see what you think. As tough as it is at first remember you will get better ;)
Thanks for the advice.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
There’s been some great games the past year across all consoles. Broaden your horizons a bit!
Not for me personally but even so. It’s been unquestionably an awful year or two for games.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Just finished Guardians of the Galaxy. Sensational, one of the best games of the year for me. The story is fantastic, and the dialogue between the group is written so well.

Picked up Horizon Zero Dawn, but struggling to get into it. Is it really that good? Seems a bit meh to me.

Minkaro

Just finished Guardians of the Galaxy. Sensational, one of the best games of the year for me. The story is fantastic, and the dialogue between the group is written so well.

Picked up Horizon Zero Dawn, but struggling to get into it. Is it really that good? Seems a bit meh to me.
I needed a couple of attempts to get into Horizon, but ended up getting the plat once I was fully into it. I’d say stick with it. Annoyingly I can’t remember exactly when it clicked for me, but I know it was after the map properly opened up.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
I needed a couple of attempts to get into Horizon, but ended up getting the plat once I was fully into it. I’d say stick with it. Annoyingly I can’t remember exactly when it clicked for me, but I know it was after the map properly opened up.
Yeah, think I'm gonna give it a couple of hours more and see if I want to play it any further.

The plan was to get GTA, especially since I haven't ever played a single GTA game (parents were very strict about playing 18+ games when I was a kid lol), but the clusterfeck that has been the Definitive Edition launch has put me off of it.

Ainu

Guardians is the surprise of the year, definitely.

Horizon was a slow starter for me back when I played it, it felt kind of generic at first but I ended up loving it after a while. You wouldn't immediately expect it, but the overarching story is genuinely mysterious and intriguing once it gets going. Combat opens up once you get some more tools and arrow types and take on some of the larger machines. It's worth sticking with.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Has anyone played Metro Exodus on the PS5? The next-gen upgrade is supposed to be excellent. I've been looking for a game to play and this one intrigues me.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Guardians is the surprise of the year, definitely.

Horizon was a slow starter for me back when I played it, it felt kind of generic at first but I ended up loving it after a while. You wouldn't immediately expect it, but the overarching story is genuinely mysterious and intriguing once it gets going. Combat opens up once you get some more tools and arrow types and take on some of the larger machines. It's worth sticking with.
Tried it twice now and just couldn’t get into it.

b82REZ

Has anyone played Metro Exodus on the PS5? The next-gen upgrade is supposed to be excellent. I've been looking for a game to play and this one intrigues me.
I played it on PC years a go and thought it was a bit slow but I grabbed DOOM Eternal from the store. That's had a free upgrade too and is fecking mint.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Random question.

The rubber on my left analogue sticks on both my controllers have worn off. I want to replace them with official sony ones, rather than cheap knock off versions. Anyone know where they sell them? On the website it seems they're only interested in helping issues with stick drift.

Bosws87

Not played the console updated version, but the pc upgrade is incredible the best example of the new graphics techniques (ray tracing wise) to date.

On top of that its a solid game and one of the best single player shooters available