Gaming PlayStation 5

red4ever 79

Just bought Hitman 3 it is also 50% off in the Playstation store today so happy days (I have the digital version)
Also my headset arrived today, had an initial go and i'm impressed.
Demon Souls looks good, but looks difficult. I am not a massive gamer

Ainu

Watched some YouTube videos of both now and meh. Not too interested in either. Console has been out for a year and those are the best games? Sure I understand that Demon Souls is supposed to be good but it's just not my type of game. Returnal looks alright but not too intrigued after reading about it either.

I stand by my previous statement.
That reads like it's supposed to be a slight, but Demon's Souls remake and Returnal are among the very best games I've played in years. If you're not particularly interested in those, fair enough, but you sort of should've known what you were in for. The amount of truly new games was always going to be limited early on and if you dismiss a couple of them out of hand, there's not much left in terms of actual new games. There's still Ratchet & Clank, Miles Morales, Kena, a bunch of third party stuff like Resi Evil 8 if you're into that.

Cloud7

The console has been out for a year now. How can people buy one then complain there's nothing they want to play? Surely in the 12 months it's taken to find one you could have done a bit of research and checked if it was worth buying one now rather than waiting for when there were titles you'd want to play. Seems like a bit of FOMO followed by buyers remorse.

It's the exact reason I haven't bought a Series X yet.
Exactly why I haven't gotten a PS5 yet. Nothing on it that I want to play yet. I'm content with the Switch and PS4 for now. I'll get the 5 when God of War comes out.

It was the same with the PS4. I didn't get one until Dragon Age Inquisition came out. Nothing appealed to me before that.

muller

Ended up staying up until 2am playing ratchet and clank.
Platinumed Astro.

Love the console. Graphics etc great but the controllers are something else. Incredible.

AaronRedDevil

GameStop was selling PS5 just now. All gone. Trying to nab one for a friend. Glad I bought mine of a scalper. Such a pain trying to get one these days..

MTF

GameStop was selling PS5 just now. All gone. Trying to nab one for a friend. Glad I bought mine of a scalper. Such a pain trying to get one these days..
I managed to get an invite from Playstation Direct to buy it yesterday. I actually have nothing I want to play on it, nor do I want to invest in a 4K TV right now to truly enjoy it (just have a 7 year old full HD), but still got it because I thought it might be one of the only chances in a year or more to get it at MSRP.

AaronRedDevil

I managed to get an invite from Playstation Direct to buy it yesterday. I actually have nothing I want to play on it, nor do I want to invest in a 4K TV right now to truly enjoy it (just have a 7 year old full HD), but still got it because I thought it might be one of the only chances in a year or more to get it at MSRP.
Yeah I've been replaying all my PS4 games because other then Miles. Everything that's been out looks meh. February onwards. Next gen finally starts.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Boredom and impatience have made me buy Ratchet and Clank, rift apart! Was going to wait to get it on offer but hey ho.

Edit: After a couple of hours on it I'm actually a bit disappointed and can't put my finger on why. The visuals aren't the level I was expecting from reading reviews. Yes, they're nice, but not breathtaking. Also, I find Ratchet to be a bit clunky to control in comparison to the last edition. Not saying it's bad at all but just not as shiny and polished as I expected. Will play more over the weekend and may yet do a complete U-Turn. We'll see.

Last edited:

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Boredom and impatience have made me buy Ratchet and Clank, rift apart! Was going to wait to get it on offer but hey ho.

Edit: After a couple of hours on it I'm actually a bit disappointed and can't put my finger on why. The visuals aren't the level I was expecting from reading reviews. Yes, they're nice, but not breathtaking. Also, I find Ratchet to be a bit clunky to control in comparison to the last edition. Not saying it's bad at all but just not as shiny and polished as I expected. Will play more over the weekend and may yet do a complete U-Turn. We'll see.
How in the world?

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Interesting. Any idea what we’ll see?
I reckon there will be a focus on announcements and updates for upcoming third-party releases headed to PS5 and PS4, lasting approximately 20 minutes with new looks at previously announced games, plus a few reveals from PlayStation's partners around the world.

RedDevilRoshi

I reckon there will be a focus on announcements and updates for upcoming third-party releases headed to PS5 and PS4, lasting approximately 20 minutes with new looks at previously announced games, plus a few reveals from PlayStation's partners around the world.
Yeah most likely.

I’m still hoping for an expansion of free games to download from PS+ collection

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Interesting they're having another one so soon after the previous one. Don't think it's going to be anything TOO exciting. They say it's around 20 minutes and will be about upcoming third-party releases

LoneStar

I have had a PS5 for more than 6 months now. 90% of my time spent on Fifa 21 and F1 2020.

Batman Arkham Knight and Persona fill the rest of the 10% :wenger:

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
I still find it odd when people say they don't want ps5 because there's nothing they want to play.

Upgrading to ps5 from ps4 is worth it in my opinion just for the quality of life improvements alone.

Those load times are something else.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I still find it odd when people say they don't want ps5 because there's nothing they want to play.

Upgrading to ps5 from ps4 is worth it in my opinion just for the quality of life improvements alone.

Those load times are something else.
Especially worth it if, like me you only had the launch PS4.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Especially worth it if, like me you only had the launch PS4.
I had ps4 launch but eventually added a 1tb ssd which was a decent improvement. Ps5 not surprisingly shits all over even that.

Beyond this though there are some excellent ps5 games. Astro, Demon's souls, miles morales, ratchet, sack boy, Returnal.

Then you get ps4 games with ps5 updates, tribes of midgard, ghost of tsushima, destiny 2 etc.

Appreciate people have budgets and can't all afford it, but to turn your nose up at it for lack of games or whatever is odd to me. I even use mine on a 1080p monitor and still love it.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It’s all good. Makes a huge difference to control and gameplay by not having it on the Fidelity video setting. Performance RT is where it’s at. 60fps is great.
Control and gameplay are much improved. Once you get the hover boots its Returnal levels of gunplay.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Control and gameplay are much improved. Once you get the hover boots its Returnal levels of gunplay.
Yeah, I see that now. It was pretty late the other night when I tried it and just kept it on fidelity but that 30fps really didn’t help my first impressions, made a big difference switching over this morning. Loving the game now.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Really excited to try Ratchet and Kena. If anyone sees them go on sale on PS store please can you tag me/let me know?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I’ve got Deathloop. Seems decent so far. Nothing groundbreaking but a good bit of fun.