Gaming PlayStation 5

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling

Holy shit.
Yeah, It's a very impressive video. A little caveat though is that it's actually a replay as opposed to straight-up gameplay. You wouldn't get those movements (which add a lot to the realism) with gameplay. Still impressive though. Great lighting.

Last edited:

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
About a month or 2 ago some of you may remember me moaning again and again about AC Valhalla. I'm somehow still playing it :lol: it's feckin massive though, I don't think I'll ever get to the end :lol:

red4ever 79

I can't answer the first couple of questions but the last one depends.

You need PS+ for multiplayer gaming (F2P games like Fortnite are exempt). Personally I get it as the monthly games that you get with it are worth the price overall for me even though a fair few of late don't appeal to me I've still played A Plague Tale: Innocence (currently £34.99), Maneater (currently £34.99) and Control: Ultimate Edition (currently £32.99) from it this year for less than a third of the price overall. Final Fantasy VII Remake was also available earlier this year but I got that when it launched.

If multiplayer isn't your thing - and you say you're not massive gamers - you can always just subscribe for a particular month a game shows up that appeals to you but once your subscription lapses you won't have access to that game until you resubscribe.

In other news:

Thanks @Damien very helpful. I got a month's membership to have a look and downloaded god of war for free so that was cool

b82REZ

Finally got a response from Sony. They basically fobbed my GF off last week so it could have already been repaired if they'd acted properly.

Sent if back for a repair and should be back in 15 days. I hope none of you have to go through their atrocious troubleshooting in the future. If you do though bear in mind the support are only open Monday-Friday 10.30-18.00.

jrsenior

So, just got the ps5 and have a few questions. I thought you only could store ps5 games on the internal SSD but when transfering data from the PS4 I had the option to select games as well? Are these games patched for ps5?

I understand that my external HD with PS4 games can be connected to my ps5 and the games played from there. What loading times can I expect from the old Hd, same as before?

Deathloop wasn’t really a game I paid much interest to, didn’t even realise it was already out. But just seen it’s been given 10/10 on GameStop, maximum score on other review sites too. Is it really that good or are reviewers just exaggerating because it came out after a few months where nothing noticeable was released on the PS5?

lilcurt

Deathloop wasn’t really a game I paid much interest to, didn’t even realise it was already out. But just seen it’s been given 10/10 on GameStop, maximum score on other review sites too. Is it really that good or are reviewers just exaggerating because it came out after a few months where nothing noticeable was released on the PS5?
While I'm sure it's a good game I game only this this is a bit of both. I can't help but feel that if this game releases 3 years in to the console life cycle it is more an 8/10

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I’m hoping my copy arrives today, so I’ll let you know.

While I'm sure it's a good game I game only this this is a bit of both. I can't help but feel that if this game releases 3 years in to the console life cycle it is more an 8/10
Think you’ve hit the nail on the head and lack of other content has skewed things . A real 10/10 goes down in history and becomes ground breaking. By now it would be trending and getting hyped by those that bought it..

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Think you’ve hit the nail on the head and lack of other content has skewed things . A real 10/10 goes down in history and becomes ground breaking. By now it would be trending and getting hyped by those that bought it..
I know it’s metacritic but it’s currently 6.3 on there from nearly 800 user reviews.

When the 10/10’s came out I had another look at the game and I just don’t get it - zero appeal to me and just looks very ordinary. If it’s ever reduced significantly or on PS Plus I’ll give it a go.

b82REZ

What little I played of Deathloop seemed good, but I like immersive sims. There seems to be a lot of options and ways to tackle each biome to coordinate killing all 8 targets in one day. Also the multiplayer aspect really intrigues me.

The 10/10 are probably a but OTT but it seems like a solid game.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
I imagine Deathloop is fairly good but sandbox games where you can do lots of things always seem to review really highly. I imagine they put themselves in the shoes of the gamer and realise there's no one size fits all approach so it makes it hard to review as nobody will play it the same way. It tends to be that games with a cohesive vision have more variety in terms of critic review scores, for obvious reasons - either it gels or it doesn't.

Dishonored was a sandbox experience. High reviews.

Prey was a bit more structured on the story. Lower reviews (but a better game IMO).

muller

Finally got hold of one from Game! 2 weeks to wait now..

Got a bundle with racket and clank and fifa and an extra controller..

A couple of questions which I should know but I was far too busy strolling because I didn’t have one..

My PS4 Pro.. is that just going to collect dust now? Is there value in selling? All downloaded games and profile and whatever - can they be transferred across? Or the ps monthly games and other digital downloads - can they just be downloaded once I’ve loaded up my profile?

And what else is essential? Controller stand? Also want to pick up f1 and madden but otherwise open to game suggestions

Edit:After 3 seconds of looking looks I will be not buying Madden.. F1 looks good though. Miles Morales too?

Last edited:
I know it’s metacritic but it’s currently 6.3 on there from nearly 800 user reviews.

When the 10/10’s came out I had another look at the game and I just don’t get it - zero appeal to me and just looks very ordinary. If it’s ever reduced significantly or on PS Plus I’ll give it a go.
I’ve taken a look and compared to user reviews for other games. Looks like a bit of a love it or hate it game.

Raw

My PS4 Pro.. is that just going to collect dust now? Is there value in selling? All downloaded games and profile and whatever - can they be transferred across? Or the ps monthly games and other digital downloads - can they just be downloaded once I’ve loaded up my profile?
Pretty much, if you want a little extra cash you may as well sell it. Any game on PS4 is gonna work on PS5 and you can transfer all your save data over. There's an option in the settings that lets you do it automatically and you can pick and choose what you want to carry over. Anything you purchased from the shop can be downloaded too.

muller

Pretty much, if you want a little extra cash you may as well sell it. Any game on PS4 is gonna work on PS5 and you can transfer all your save data over. There's an option in the settings that lets you do it automatically and you can pick and choose what you want to carry over. Anything you purchased from the shop can be downloaded too.
I'll probably just keep the ps4 and donate it to my kids room.. There will be a time when it'll come in handy i'm sure.

Thanks mate.

Siorac

I imagine Deathloop is fairly good but sandbox games where you can do lots of things always seem to review really highly. I imagine they put themselves in the shoes of the gamer and realise there's no one size fits all approach so it makes it hard to review as nobody will play it the same way. It tends to be that games with a cohesive vision have more variety in terms of critic review scores, for obvious reasons - either it gels or it doesn't.

Dishonored was a sandbox experience. High reviews.

Prey was a bit more structured on the story. Lower reviews (but a better game IMO).
I think calling Dishonored a sandbox really stretches that term to its very limits. If anything, Prey offers more overall freedom compared to the very much level-based Dishonored games.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
I think calling Dishonored a sandbox really stretches that term to its very limits. If anything, Prey offers more overall freedom compared to the very much level-based Dishonored games.
I get what you mean because when I first played Dishonored I went through it as a normal story-driven game. I looked at some videos afterwards and found there were loads of people who'd basically taken the right way to play it as finding the most elaborate method to kill enemies. Like this one mad lad who jumped about 100ft of a building to knife some dude from above. I kind of figured then I'd been playing the game wrong and that the whole meta sandbox was the right way to play it.

Meller

Just got an email saying I can finally pick mine up! Too bad I'm working nights this week and my weekend is full of stupid plans.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
I get what you mean because when I first played Dishonored I went through it as a normal story-driven game. I looked at some videos afterwards and found there were loads of people who'd basically taken the right way to play it as finding the most elaborate method to kill enemies. Like this one mad lad who jumped about 100ft of a building to knife some dude from above. I kind of figured then I'd been playing the game wrong and that the whole meta sandbox was the right way to play it.
I can't remember which part of Dishonored it was, but one of them I basically managed to bypass the entire mission by scaling the outside of the tall building the target was inside, climbing through the relevant window, and ganking him.

Details a bit hazy because it's been absolute yonks since I played it, but it was very satisfying.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Anyone played the diablo 2 remake and if so, is it worth a go?

I never played the original but I enjoyed Diablo 3 for a good spell back in the day

AaronRedDevil

Still waiting for the psPlus for October. I'm hearing rumors it's MK10. Hope not. It's already free on the PS5.

Last edited:

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
Im grinding through Demons Souls. Having a love/hate time thus far. Griveances come from the distance you have to traverse everytime you die, particularly in a boss battle, and the short cuts being more like medium cuts. And everthing can be so confusing so making your back to the boss and remembering the correct path can be a challenge unto itself. Defo the hardest Soulsborne to date.
Im nearly finished this now. By far the hardest SoulsBorne game Ive ever played. I was a hairs breath from calling it quits, something Ive never thought of doing with any Souls game, regardless of how difficult I found those games in moments.

Proper love/hate relationship but I grew to adore the game.

Would only recommend for Souls veterans or people with a lot of patience.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Yeah, very obvious. Surprised it took them this long to announce it. Great acquisition though.