Gaming PlayStation 5

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Ok I've pre ordered Elden Ring.

Is it the case that the PS4 version of Horizon Forbidden West gets a free upgrade because if so I'll pre order that as it's cheaper?

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I seem to be stuck in a never ending loop trying to access my stupid EA account and link to PSN.

The game tells me I need to reset my password, so I follow the guidance on the EA help page which tells me to go to the login page and use the “proceed with” option and choose PSN, which I did and it said I need to reset my password and to enter my email, it send me a link, I reset the password and it says success.

Then I try to access the account to link it to the PSN account and we go back to step one with it telling me to reset my password.

At this stage I’m ready to launch the controller out the window.

Any ideas?

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Over the past few days my PS5 has just turned off randomly during gameplay 2 or 3 times.

I can’t put it down to overheating or anything like that since I was only about an hour in.

Anyone who experienced this issue? Any suggestions?

Last edited:

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
I seem to be stuck in a never ending loop trying to access my stupid EA account and link to PSN.

The game tells me I need to reset my password, so I follow the guidance on the EA help page which tells me to go to the login page and use the “proceed with” option and choose PSN, which I did and it said I need to reset my password and to enter my email, it send me a link, I reset the password and it says success.

Then I try to access the account to link it to the PSN account and we go back to step one with it telling me to reset my password.

Any ideas?
Wait to see if it's still doing it tomorrow? I'm out of ideas beyond that

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Wow just met the difficulty spike on Kena. Just managed to beat the corrupted Woodsmith on the fourth attempt! Only on normal difficulty but man he was hard. What a fun boss fight though, I thought I’d bodged it too because I used both healing items in the first half and thought I had no chance of getting through the rest. Somehow though I managed to time by dodges perfectly in the second half and then finally met him at the end with a massive Rot hammer move. Ill remember that one, great fight.

This does bring me to one my issues with dark souls games, I love the challenge of the bosses, but I really hate the fact that in souls games I have to not only beat the boss but also trek back through the previous enemies. I know that’s the fun for many people but I just don’t think I fully get that, as I get bored doing the same thing again. Checkpoint just before the bosses seem more my style.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

Any ideas?
This is the problem with soulless videogame companies who just want to milk their customers at every turn while providing a lacklustre overall product - their support is usually terrible as they care so little about their fanbase. EA are quite bad too.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
This does bring me to one my issues with dark souls games, I love the challenge of the bosses, but I really hate the fact that in souls games I have to not only beat the boss but also trek back through the previous enemies. I know that’s the fun for many people but I just don’t think I fully get that, as I get bored doing the same thing again. Checkpoint just before the bosses seem more my style.
100%. I have no issues with challenging fights but trekking through the same place you already cleared over and over to get back to it sucks balls.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Wow just met the difficulty spike on Kena. Just managed to beat the corrupted Woodsmith on the fourth attempt! Only on normal difficulty but man he was hard. What a fun boss fight though, I thought I’d bodged it too because I used both healing items in the first half and thought I had no chance of getting through the rest. Somehow though I managed to time by dodges perfectly in the second half and then finally met him at the end with a massive Rot hammer move. Ill remember that one, great fight.

Is this where it’s meant to get hard? I beat the woodsmith first go. Just lots of dodging and fecking up the thing in the middle.

Ainu

Is this where it’s meant to get hard? I beat the woodsmith first go. Just lots of dodging and fecking up the thing in the middle.
If you didn't struggle with Taro, it's probably never going to get tough for you. That was the first real difficulty spike and while some of the other bosses were pretty challenging, it never really got harder than that. I thought Taro was really, really hard, so seeing your posts I'm now wondering if I played this all wrong or I'm just that bad.

100%. I have no issues with challenging fights but trekking through the same place you already cleared over and over to get back to it sucks balls.
I always found most of the hardest bosses in Soulsborne games either have saves just before the fight or a short hike where you can ignore everything. I can only recall a handful of particularly bad boss runs, and I believe at least two of those were in Dark Souls 2 DLC. Lud & Zallen can burn in hell.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
If you didn't struggle with Taro, it's probably never going to get tough for you. That was the first real difficulty spike and while some of the other bosses were pretty challenging, it never really got harder than that. I thought Taro was really, really hard, so seeing your posts I'm now wondering if I played this all wrong or I'm just that bad.

I always found most of the hardest bosses in Soulsborne games either have saves just before the fight or a short hike where you can ignore everything. I can only recall a handful of particularly bad boss runs, and I believe at least two of those were in Dark Souls 2 DLC. Lud & Zallen can burn in hell.
Taro was the same for me and anyone else I know who played it, maybe Solius played it on easy or is pro.

Well I've only played one Soulsborne, Bloodborne to be exact, and made it to the first boss and then had to go back to the start and get through a big horde of enemies again that had already killed me like 10 times, and swiftly gave up. I was assuming it didn't get any less repetitive than that :lol:

Ainu

Taro was the same for me and anyone else I know who played it, maybe Solius played it on easy or is pro.

Well I've only played one Soulsborne, Bloodborne to be exact, and made it to the first boss and then had to go back to the start and get through a big horde of enemies again that had already killed me like 10 times, and swiftly gave up. I was assuming it didn't get any less repetitive than that :lol:
That's usually a sign you missed a shortcut or something. Both potential first bosses (Cleric Beast and Father Gascoigne) have runs that should allow you to run past all enemies. I get that it's annoying, it's just something I got used to, I guess.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Too many games come out in q1.

I'm a pretty hard core destiny 2 player and witch Queen expansion comes out 22nd Feb. Then Elden ring on 25th. Then there's horizon forbidden west.

Guess I'm leaving Elden ring and HFW alone for a few months.

TrustInJanuzaj

I’ve hit the final boss on Kena and I’ll be honest it’s abit of a joke. I managed to get through that hard fight agaisnt Corrupted Taro before letting out a huge sigh only to then have to tackle an even harder boss with basically zero checkpoints in play. How on earth can you ever get past that final boss, can’t even use the abilities you’ve collected over the game. Honestly lost abit of goodwill for me in how much they have artificially increased the difficulty.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I’ve hit the final boss on Kena and I’ll be honest it’s abit of a joke. I managed to get through that hard fight agaisnt Corrupted Taro before letting out a huge sigh only to then have to tackle an even harder boss with basically zero checkpoints in play. How on earth can you ever get past that final boss, can’t even use the abilities you’ve collected over the game. Honestly lost abit of goodwill for me in how much they have artificially increased the difficulty.
I just dodged a lot.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I just dodged a lot.
Also I found a bit of a trick for most bosses. If you just constantly threw rot bombs at them they’d be frozen the whole time and you could get your hits in Inbetween throws.

Anustart89

Sackboy's awesome. My girlfriend who's not one bit into gaming and hasn't touched a console since she was a kid loves it and wants to play it every night after we put the little one down. Cheers to all who recommended it for co-op play!

Anyone played It Takes Two with their non-gamer spouses? We've looked at that as our next game for when we finish Sackboy.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Sackboy's awesome. My girlfriend who's not one bit into gaming and hasn't touched a console since she was a kid loves it and wants to play it every night after we put the little one down. Cheers to all who recommended it for co-op play!

Anyone played It Takes Two with their non-gamer spouses? We've looked at that as our next game for when we finish Sackboy.
Sackboy is great isn’t it! Silly things like dressing up your character is brill fun.

I played the demo for it and quite enjoyed it, it won a lot of awards, can imagine you both enjoying it to be fair.

Anustart89

Sackboy is great isn’t it! Silly things like dressing up your character is brill fun.

I played the demo for it and quite enjoyed it, it won a lot of awards, can imagine you both enjoying it to be fair.
Definitely. That, and running around trying to punch each other during the end of level screen :lol:

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Finally bit the bullet and bought a 1tb SSD with all these games coming out this year.

I think it was watching some videos of Sifu that tipped me over the edge. It looks great and the physical version won't be out for a while. I'll probably get that on launch which will keep be going until Elden Ring then I'll pick up Horizon FW and GT further down the road. Traded in Guardians and Ratchet at Cex last week so I've got £56 credit waiting to be used.

TrustInJanuzaj

It Takes Two is awesome. My girlfriend is also not into gaming at all and she loves it. Think she has wanted to go on more than me. Every level is different so you never do the exact same thing twice, it’s a very good game and I suspect will be right up your street by the sounds of it.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I was so bored I tried Dirt 5 from the PS Plus games and now I’m even more bored.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I'm at the weird point in Ghost of Tsushima, which I strangely find myself quite regularly in regarding open world games, where I'm quite far into the games main story but my character is not exactly the most upgraded individual. I'm now in a boss fight and I'm comfortably getting my Samurai ass kicked.

Enjoying the game though. Gorgeous visuals and great sound design, the lead character is blooming bland looking though.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Yo, I've got a PS4 and PS5, question is, can I only set one of them as my primary console? If I can have both as primary consoles that would be sweet and I could lend it to my old man so he could play through tomb raider and stuff.

TrustInJanuzaj

I'm at the weird point in Ghost of Tsushima, which I strangely find myself quite regularly in regarding open world games, where I'm quite far into the games main story but my character is not exactly the most upgraded individual. I'm now in a boss fight and I'm comfortably getting my Samurai ass kicked.

Enjoying the game though. Gorgeous visuals and great sound design, the lead character is blooming bland looking though.
I really struggled with how bland the main character was and tbh the overall story wasn’t great either for the bit I got up to. Ultimately the combat alone wasn’t enough to pull me through the game first time, but I keep telling myself I’ll get round to finishing it one day.