Gaming PlayStation 5

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Yo, I've got a PS4 and PS5, question is, can I only set one of them as my primary console? If I can have both as primary consoles that would be sweet and I could lend it to my old man so he could play through tomb raider and stuff.
I believe you can do both.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Pretty sure you can only have 1 primary console, not 1 per generation.

You can still give the ps4 to your dad though. Make that primary console and ask him to use a different user/account. Then so long as you are logged in and connected to the Internet on the ps5 you can access and play all your games.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604

You can still give the ps4 to your dad though. Make that primary console and ask him to use a different user/account. Then so long as you are logged in and connected to the Internet on the ps5 you can access and play all your games.
Mrs sometimes plays games on the ps5 too though, and bollocks to letting her use my account, she would somehow have kratos wearing a dress and a sun hat.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

You can have a primary on each generation... PS3, PS4, PS5 and so on.

Mrs sometimes plays games on the ps5 too though, and bollocks to letting her use my account, she would somehow have kratos wearing a dress and a sun hat.
Don't listen to @Alock1 mate...

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
The SSD is a piece of piss to install.

I've prepared the deluxe edition of Sifu. Only a couple of quid more at the moment with the extras and a slightly earlier release date.

Minkaro

I was so bored I tried Dirt 5 from the PS Plus games and now I’m even more bored.
There’s like five different races, and the career mode is just cycling through them at varying times of day for a slight visual difference.

I’m just playing it for trophies. I’ve also got Dungeons and Dragons: Dark Alliance (not great), and Skyrim (very great) on the go.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
There’s like five different races, and the career mode is just cycling through them at varying times of day for a slight visual difference.

I’m just playing it for trophies. I’ve also got Dungeons and Dragons: Dark Alliance (not great), and Skyrim (very great) on the go.
It blows my mind that people likely spent portions of their lives making it. Changing tiny little details and working on it every single day. And yet it’s an incredibly dull racing game that’s been done 1000 times and wouldn’t look out of place on a PS3. Must be soul destroying. Or maybe the people who made it are already dead inside.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I actually don't mind Dirt 5. It's fine for a freebie and a quick hour here and there. The haptics are fairly decent on it as well. But you're quite right that they overuse the same tracks far too much and as usual the commentators need muting.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I actually don't mind Dirt 5. It's fine for a freebie and a quick hour here and there. The haptics are fairly decent on it as well. But you're quite right that they overuse the same tracks far too much and as usual the commentators need muting.
Give me your address.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I’ve played a fair bit of Cod Warzone but honestly would be happy for it to go to Xbox. FPS box.

Ainu

Zero chance they make COD an exclusive.
You think they'd throw 70bn at a company just to keep releasing its games on a rival platform, where said rival takes a big cut on its store? This is the same discussion as Elder Scrolls all over again.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
You think they'd throw 70bn at a company just to keep releasing its games on a rival platform, where said rival takes a big cut on its store? This is the same discussion as Elder Scrolls all over again.
I was a little bit annoyed at the thought of having to buy an Xbox to play ES/Fallout but this I couldn't care less about. I've not played COD for a good 10 years.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Yeah it's not even worth a debate. No chance new games not already in development come to PS.

Ainu

I was a little bit annoyed at the thought of having to buy an Xbox to play ES/Fallout but this I couldn't care less about. I've not played COD for a good 10 years.
Same here, the only Activision published game I've bought in a long time was Sekiro (you'd almost forget they published it). There's actually a decent chance the company's output will improve under MS.

However, it's undeniable that COD is a major force in gaming and this is a monumental shift in power that has simply never been seen in the video gaming industry. Bethesda was a dangerous precedent, this is not just a confirmation but obliterates that previous deal. We've already known they can basically buy any publisher out there they want and keep their games from other systems, now they've made it clear that they're absolutely willing to do that. I don't see how this is anything other than deeply concerning for the future of the games industry.

Berbaclass

Same here, the only Activision published game I've bought in a long time was Sekiro (you'd almost forget they published it). There's actually a decent chance the company's output will improve under MS.

However, it's undeniable that COD is a major force in gaming and this is a monumental shift in power that has simply never been seen in the video gaming industry. Bethesda was a dangerous precedent, this is not just a confirmation but obliterates that previous deal. We've already known they can basically buy any publisher out there they want and keep their games from other systems, now they've made it clear that they're absolutely willing to do that. I don't see how this is anything other than deeply concerning for the future of the games industry.
Begining of the end.

Berbaclass

100 million downloads worldwide for Warzone.
I wouldn't have guessed in a million years that Activision would be worth anywhere near 70 fecking billion :lol:

I still genuinely don't understand how that is the case. I get the COD is a major game but 70 billion!

How much is Take-Two worth?

Massive Spanner

After Bethesda there were a lot of people saying that Bethesda was one thing but there's no way they could ever go and buy a behemoth like Rockstar or EA.

Well, they just bought an even bigger behemoth than those.

Massive Spanner

I wouldn't have guessed in a million years that Activision would be worth anywhere near 70 fecking billion :lol:

I still genuinely don't understand how that is the case. I get the COD is a major game but 70 billion!

How much is Take-Two worth?
They have a lot of extremely popular franchises that aren't COD.

Berbaclass

Bosws87

My only thought is long term Microsoft don’t see consoles or making them as thing and intend to go strictly into gamepass and publishing.

It certainly will be interesting to see what happens the short term is obvious instead of creating and supporting new talent they just wanna stop the competition.