Gaming PlayStation 5

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
£29 for the 12 month subscription is an absolute steal.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I've only played the series sporadically so I might not be the best source, but I picked this up on sale awhile back and its great for anytime I want to game but not throw myself into something story driven.
Yeah, that's what I want it for really. Anytime I got a spare half hour or so, I can just jump into it and have a few turns without having to commit hours to a game. As long as it runs well on the console (I know the Switch version really struggles), I'll probably get it.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Good luck.

It's a tough game, but a really good one once you get the hang of it. Can be very frustrating at times
Thanks.

Reached the first boss on my second run, got it down to half health on final phase then died.

Since then, can barely survive more than about 4 rooms :lol:

AaronRedDevil

I bought Cyberpunk for €25. That's probably the cheapest it's ever going to get. No just waiting till next December for the PS5 Version.

Bebe

Did they even fix the bugs? Never heard about a big turnaround for it or anything.
I think a lot has been fixed given their extensive patches since release, but the "next gen patch" for ps5 is supposed to come out Spring 2022 I think. I played the game on PC last year but had to crank the settings down fairly low (my PC is old), I'll be waiting for that next gen patch before installing this.

caid

Did they even fix the bugs? Never heard about a big turnaround for it or anything.
No. The PS5 release was due out early this year and was delayed to get it into a decent state. It it was in a decent state it'd have been released. Playing it on release they could spend years fixing it and still have work to do.
It'll definitely be cheaper than that in time too. The Game of the Year Edition of the Witcher 3 is on sale for €15 pretty regularly and that was good, Cyberpunk is a total car crash with a terrible reputation.

Irwin99

Torn between getting Returnal or Guardians of the Galaxy.
I was very skeptical before getting Returnal but I actually really enjoyed it. You have to approach with the right mindset and acknowledge that it's a very tough challenge but it is a really good game when you adjust to the difficulty.

The Firestarter

From what I can read online Returnal seems like the type of gameplay that I really don't like. But here I have not read one negative word about it seems.

Ainu

It's happened, one of my Dualsense controllers has the dreaded drift on the left joystick. Pretty aggressive too, I would say. And that's just after a couple of months, not great. I'll try some of the known fixes tonight but I really hope I don't have to send it to Sony.

Deery

Dreary
It's happened, one of my Dualsense controllers has the dreaded drift on the left joystick. Pretty aggressive too, I would say. And that's just after a couple of months, not great. I'll try some of the known fixes tonight but I really hope I don't have to send it to Sony.
My controllers rumble pack has gone just makes a buzzy, vibrating noise now, pain in the arse so it is..

b82REZ

Buy a new one, put your faulty one in the box and return that one.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Just did the storage expansion - 1TB. Got the SSD for £125 and the heatsink separate for £12.99.

Took me about 15 minutes. I've now got 1.6TB for PS5 games and a separate 1TB SSD via USB for PS4 games.

Sorted.

P.S. Returnal is still great even though I beat the first boss but now can't survive more than halfway to the final boss on Biome 2 :lol:

Doesn't help that after unlocking the health leech item I am yet to see it show up in my next 20 runs :mad:

Smores

Is this a common issue then? Oddly one of mine started drifting down on the right stick yesterday.

Ainu

Is this a common issue then? Oddly one of mine started drifting down on the right stick yesterday.
It has been widely reported, yes. All modern controllers are prone to it to a certain degree, it would seem, but I've never really noticed it on the many Dualshock 4 controllers I've had. It's supposed to be terrible on the Switch Joy-Cons as well, but I've almost always used the Pro Controller there.

Ainu

Played a couple hours of Guardians of the Galaxy, really enjoyable so far. The gameplay is accessible and fun, if nothing special. The characters and writing are the real star here though. The main cast is excellent and doesn't suffer in comparison to the movie cast at all - in fact I think I already like them better. Even the secondary characters are great. If it can keep up this level of quality for 15-20 hours, that's money well spent at the current reduced price on PSN.

red4ever 79

Does anyone's ps5 make like a popping sound sometimes I've googled it and few people talking about it being the plastic expanded and coolong down. Anyone else have it?

F-Red

Does anyone's ps5 make like a popping sound sometimes I've googled it and few people talking about it being the plastic expanded and coolong down. Anyone else have it?
Yeah mine does after it's been off for 10-15 mins, I put it down to the plastic expanding as well.

AaronRedDevil

I got a text this morning saying my PS5 order has arrived in Argos, went down this morning and they said someone already picked up my PS5 order reservation. They used my number. Then later found out that my Aunt got 4 PS5’s from Argos. What the feck.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I got a text this morning saying my PS5 order has arrived in Argos, went down this morning and they said someone already picked up my PS5 order reservation. They used my number. Then later found out that my Aunt got 4 PS5’s from Argos. What the feck.
Your aunt has hacked your phone/email as part of her grand scalping ring.