Gaming PlayStation 5

Bebe

Will dip in again when the battery life is improved its absolutely shocking on any game that uses the dualsense to the maximum get maybe 4-6 hours from full charge.
Coming from the PS4's awful controller battery life I've actually been pleasantly surprised by my controllers lasting for what feels like much longer. But I haven't been playing anything that uses the controllers capabilities fully.

Deery

Dreary
Yeah, mine too. I’ve also developed a squeaky X button :(
Same my X button is sticking a lot, for the amount I play it that’s a bit of a joke. Very suspicious that they bring out the new control pads now?

The PS4 controller never had these problems.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Same my X button is sticking a lot, for the amount I play it that’s a bit of a joke. Very suspicious that they bring out the new control pads now?

No, I’ve not thrashed mine either so the X button is weird.

I literally had 2 PS4 controllers throughout its whole life with no bother.

Anustart89

I had to replace both of my day 1 PS4 controllers after a month due to the rubber peeling off from the sticks.

Woodzy

I had to replace both of my day 1 PS4 controllers after a month due to the rubber peeling off from the sticks.
I learnt this lesson the hard way back on my PS4. Buy some thumb stick covers and you won’t regret it. My current pair have lasted since I started having the issue on PS4 and still doing the job nicely on PS5.

Anustart89

What you playing nowadays mate?
Not much of anything since the baby (and the pandemic) arrived but got my hands on a PS5 on day 1 and mostly played single player games. No chance of doing the destiny grind anymore so recently it’s been TLOU and the FFVII remake. What about you?

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Not much of anything since the baby (and the pandemic) arrived but got my hands on a PS5 on day 1 and mostly played single player games. No chance of doing the destiny grind anymore so recently it’s been TLOU and the FFVII remake. What about you?
Sackboy currently with the kids. FF7, Control, Nier and PSVR shit. Congrats didn't know you had a little one. ;)

Anustart89

Sackboy currently with the kids. FF7, Control, Nier and PSVR shit. Congrats didn't know you had a little one. ;)
I’m massively looking forward to getting the little one into gaming!

Cheers, turns 8 months in a week!

Don’t go into the RDR thread btw if you haven’t completed FFVII btw :lol:

red4ever 79

Anyone know when the console will be easily available to the normal folks who just like to shop at their convenience as opposed to camping it out on the internet.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Anyone know when the console will be easily available to the normal folks who just like to shop at their convenience as opposed to camping it out on the internet.
It’s hard to say. A couple of weeks ago Sony said stock issues would continue into 2022 but Jim Ryan said the other day that they’re ramping up production in the summer and so should return to a level of normality for supply/demand by the end of the year.

decorativeed

I knew when my Amazon app refused to load for the past two days and only showed me photos of dogs that they'd be restocking. Meant my instant swipe to buy option was removed.

Been watching like a hawk for the digital version, had it in my basket, got as far as selecting my payment method twice and it then told me it was out of stock. Decided to delete all but my main payment card and home address from my account in the hope of speeding things up the next time.

As soon as the disk version went on, I tried and failed twice to buy it. Then amazon signed me out of my account very helpfully. Then... I fecking bought one!

Arriving tomorrow (two weeks after my son's birthday, but I'm sure he'll understand).

Currys never contacted me with the code another member kindly gave me, so I had to jump on this. Now to get that Miles Morales game...!

James_42

I finally managed to order one after trying for months, didn't think it was going to happen today after experiencing an incredible amount of errors and feckups.

The amount of times the console would disappear from my basket randomly was frustrating.

So glad I can relax now and no longer have to get up at stupid times trying to buy one.

I can't wait to finally play Demon's Souls.

decorativeed

I finally managed to order one after trying for months, didn't think it was going to happen today after experiencing an incredible amount of errors and feckups.

The amount of times the console would disappear from my basket randomly was frustrating.

So glad I can relax now and no longer have to get up at stupid times trying to buy one.

I can't wait to finally play Demon's Souls.
I know, I can go back to being a lazy sod rather than reaching for my phone to check stock at 6am every morning.

Leg-End

Good stuff that, I'm not going to be ready to re play that again any time soon though.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Finished HZD. Usually I’m not a big fan of open world games but I found this a lot of fun & the story was really interesting. Completed a lot of the side missions before finishing the main story, something I don’t normally do but I just loved the combat in this game & found enough intrigue in the narrative to keep me engaged. The visuals are stunning. Cannot wait for the sequel!

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Good stuff that, I'm not going to be ready to re play that again any time soon though.
I haven't played it yet, the wait has been worth it! I'm even tempted to wait for the TLOU1 remake and to play them together.

AaronRedDevil

I just bought the original FF7 since it's on sale. Never played it before and figured it'll make my experience with the remake even better. I'll play it as soon as I'm done with the ME trilogy.

Bosws87

Timesplitters is coming back along with free radical and some of the original team.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

Timesplitters is coming back along with free radical and some of the original team.
I’ll believe it when I see it. The amount of Timesplitters revivals I’ve gotten my hopes up for :(

Dave_MUFC

Oh I just realised the normal PS5 controller was white. Won't a black controller look stupid alongside a white box.
We should have official faceplate changes in different colours coming at some point. Think you can already buy knock off ones from China etc.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
My PS5 has just been sitting there for the last few months. Nothing really interesting to play atm.