Gaming PlayStation 5

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Because this discussion was about DD2?

I hate the whole concept, but this was the game being discussed and it's particularly laughable to not only include something in a game that the dev explicitly said wouldn't be there, but to monetise it too.

Frankly, it's weird that you've taken it so personally.
Sounds like it can be completely ignored from the game though?

Someone else mentioned HD2.... I'm 150+ hrs in and I've spent £1.69 on the game over the £35 it cost at launch. Maybe we should look at each game on its actually merits and gameplay rather than "Microtranslations? Aaaaaargh!11 Kill them!!"

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Sounds like it can be completely ignored from the game though?

Someone else mentioned HD2.... I'm 150+ hrs in and I've spent £1.69 on the game over the £35 it cost at launch. Maybe we should look at each game on its actually merits and gameplay rather than "Microtranslations? Aaaaaargh!11 Kill them!!"
I disagree wholeheartedly with microtransactions, outside of perhaps cosmetics in otherwise free to play games.

It doesn't matter to me if it can be ignored, it's just particularly egregious in this case as the dev literally said something like "we won't have fast travel because fast travel is for boring games" only for the game to include it and for it to be monetised.

It probably won't stop me picking it up in a sale, but as consumers, we shouldn't accept this nonsense. If Elden Ring, for example, contained a small, finite number of health potions, but launched with a £2 microtransaction to acquire more, it could similarly be handwaved with "you can ignore it/you don't have to buy it" but it wouldn't make it any less shit.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Capcom always do it, see Resi Evil games. Do think it’s been overdone. If they’re locking something out of the game completely behind micro transactions then that’s shitty. Think everything that you can pay extra for is available in the game anyway.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Because this discussion was about DD2?

I hate the whole concept, but this was the game being discussed and it's particularly laughable to not only include something in a game that the dev explicitly said wouldn't be there, but to monetise it too.

Frankly, it's weird that you've taken it so personally.
It’s not it’s weird there’s such uproar about this game when MXT have been around for years and this is probably one of the instances where it has absolutely zero impact on gameplay or me as a player. If people are stupid enough to buy meaningless stuff like this it’s on them. My opinion is relatively simple. I hate MXT and would rather they go entirely, however that’s a pipe dream. In that scenario I’d rather see small and meaningless stuff for lazy people than actual game altering stuff or even cool armour sets you can’t get any other way.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
It’s not it’s weird there’s such uproar about this game when MXT have been around for years and this is probably one of the instances where it has absolutely zero impact on gameplay or me as a player. If people are stupid enough to buy meaningless stuff like this it’s on them. My opinion is relatively simple. I hate MXT and would rather they go entirely, however that’s a pipe dream. In that scenario I’d rather see small and meaningless stuff for lazy people than actual game altering stuff or even cool armour sets you can’t get any other way.
Of course it's weird you've taken it personally. The discussion was about DD2 so it's not at all odd that the microtransactions in other games aren't being discussed. You literally said I was spreading misinformation about it, only to completely misrepresent what the fast-travel DLC was yourself.

I actually agree that the uproar is a bit much, but that's because a) it's Capcom and it's par for the course for them, and b) it's detracting from the massive issues relating to optimisation on PC, not because microtransactions suddenly aren't scummy.

People shouldn't be passive to this stuff though, because it's absolutely them seeing how much they can get away with.