Gaming PlayStation 5

lawliet354

Having played both I wouldn't say they are too far apart. A lot of GoW's fanbase obviously belongs from the previous games in the series as well whereas HZD doesn't have an existing fanbase. Looking at it individually, both are great visually. I loved the gameworld in HZD and it was a lot of fun to explore, as were the different realms in GoW. Story wise also I don't see much between them, maybe HZD edges that a bit. However in terms of combat and gameplay, GoW blows HZD out of the water. GoW's combat is pretty much one of the best I have ever played.
Agree with GOW combat, I played HZD about 10 hours or so years ago, just couldn't get into the combat system. Might try HZD again though after I got PS5

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
GoD - in my all time top 10
HZS - in my 'very good/excellent' category

One blot on HZD for me was that I lost interest 3/4th through the campaign. Just didn't hook me. The world, visuals, art style were all superb.

Btw can I play Frozen Wilds without playing the main game. My saves may be wiped out.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I already had Horizon Zero Dawn digital edition on my PS4 so I wonder if I’ll be able to download this one for the DLC alone or if it will lock me out.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
I haven't finished HZD yet, but I'd say it's just a bit boring for me.
I enjoy the combat somewhat, but find it shallow and bad feel for dodging and stuff like that, guess its just a case of Soulsborne ruining this type of game for me.

I enjoy the rpg mechanics and upgrades with harvesting, but I think there is a bit too few drops from early game opponents, most often I find myself attacking them for the combat, and the loot is either pointless or too small to matter.

Aloy seems cool, the small part of the story I've seen comes across as if I will like it. But I'm not into mecha so the humans will have to carry it for me.

God of war for me was a top 10 best game last generation for me, even despite my love for more jrpg inspired stuff and Soulsborne games.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
The reply to your previous post should have been:

BOY! You are not thinking clearly!
That BOY! was one of the main reasons why that game started to piss me off a little towards the middle part/end. When he's going through that phase of being really annoying. I do like God of War though. Decent game, to be fair...

Moby

Dick
That BOY! was one of the main reasons why that game started to piss me off a little towards the middle part/end. When he's going through that phase of being really annoying. I do like God of War though. Decent game, to be fair...
Yeah he's a bit annoying and pretty distracting. Especially while fighting valks. INCOMNG FIRE! Alright mate calm the feck down.

Doesn't take anything away from the masterpiece though. Mainly thanks to the valks. Main story is alright at best.

rotherham_red

GoD - in my all time top 10
HZS - in my 'very good/excellent' category

One blot on HZD for me was that I lost interest 3/4th through the campaign. Just didn't hook me. The world, visuals, art style were all superb.

Btw can I play Frozen Wilds without playing the main game. My saves may be wiped out.
You'd need to get to at least Level 30 before it's unlocked within the game, so unfortunately not.

rotherham_red

I haven't finished HZD yet, but I'd say it's just a bit boring for me.
I enjoy the combat somewhat, but find it shallow and bad feel for dodging and stuff like that, guess its just a case of Soulsborne ruining this type of game for me.

I enjoy the rpg mechanics and upgrades with harvesting, but I think there is a bit too few drops from early game opponents, most often I find myself attacking them for the combat, and the loot is either pointless or too small to matter.

Aloy seems cool, the small part of the story I've seen comes across as if I will like it. But I'm not into mecha so the humans will have to carry it for me.

God of war for me was a top 10 best game last generation for me, even despite my love for more jrpg inspired stuff and Soulsborne games.
I think it really comes into its own in the latter half of the story, where the disparate strands all start to be pieced together.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
It'll probably prevent you from doing it.
Yeh I think you’re right. Not sure I’m that bothered. Very good game, but the story was largely average so don’t feel like I’ll miss out on the DLC. Just want the next one to come out.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Yeh I think you’re right. Not sure I’m that bothered. Very good game, but the story was largely average so don’t feel like I’ll miss out on the DLC. Just want the next one to come out.
The DLC is better though. Not just more of the same...

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
You'd need to get to at least Level 30 before it's unlocked within the game, so unfortunately not.
Well that's a bit shit. Not sure I'll play the game from start again. Actually if I don't get a good PS plus game next month, I might just!

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
I think it really comes into its own in the latter half of the story, where the disparate strands all start to be pieced together.
Thank you.
I can easily see it being a top 10 game for people who get taken away. I just have a bit more narrow view of things I like really well, so the game having mechs gave it a uphill battle to start on for me.

I do enjoy it, it just lost my interest a bit after around 20-30 hours. But I'll finish it as long as it doesn't drag on for 100+ hours. :p

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I never liked Zoids (the TV show). Started playing HZD last night and got through the very first "act". Probably won't be something I truly get into but I'll keep an open mind. Very beautiful game though

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I never liked Zoids (the TV show). Started playing HZD last night and got through the very first "act". Probably won't be something I truly get into but I'll keep an open mind. Very beautiful game though
I struggled to get into it, but on my 3rd or 4th attempt I got past a certain point and then couldn't put it down.

Abraxas

I didn't think the combat was that good in HZD. A lot of rolling around on the floor. I hate that silly type of stuff, personally. Feels very spammy, and well..silly.

It was a nice looking game. Story was just average to me.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I struggled to get into it, but on my 3rd or 4th attempt I got past a certain point and then couldn't put it down.
Interesting. I'll persevere through it regardless but hopefully it isn't that bad.
Has HZD had a PS5 update? That might sway me to play it again.
Nope.

PlayStation partner up with another studio on a new game (AAA multiplayer IP)

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/0...or-a-new-original-multiplayer-ip/#sf245203152

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
It's the glinthawks that feck most people off away from the game.
I think that was one of my "feck this" points :lol:

I found the story a bit preachy/religious which put me off I think. Some of the characters are right feckin morons too.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I didn't think the combat was that good in HZD. A lot of rolling around on the floor. I hate that silly type of stuff, personally. Feels very spammy, and well..silly.

It was a nice looking game. Story was just average to me.
I don't know, the slow mo slide and jump are god tier. I played the game on new game+ on the hardest difficulty and it cemented that game, as a package, in my top 10.

I still muck around getting into fights for fun like I do in Control atm.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I replayed HZD on PC a few months ago and it was glorious. Looked incredible and much better to play with a keyboard+mouse than controller.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I don't know, the slow mo slide and jump are god tier. I played the game on new game+ on the hardest difficulty and it cemented that game, as a package, in my top 10.

I still muck around getting into fights for fun like I do in Control atm.
Yeah I thought the combat was pretty great, really gets better the more skills you gain too, but you never feel overpowered, just more experienced. It's very well done imo.