Gaming PlayStation 5

Wal2Fra

Looking for some advice on a good headset compatible with the PS5.

I have seen reviews for the RIG 400pro, 500 pro, Astra 10 & the Pulse headset. All sound good for their price range but as someone who has never owned anything other than the standard in the box headset I don’t really know what to look out for in relation to features.

Happy with wired or wireless, don’t want to go above 100€ but realistically 70€ is my preferred budget.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline

I have seen reviews for the RIG 400pro, 500 pro, Astra 10 & the Pulse headset. All sound good for their price range but as someone who has never owned anything other than the standard in the box headset I don’t really know what to look out for in relation to features.

Happy with wired or wireless, don’t want to go above 100€ but realistically 70€ is my preferred budget.
I got the pulse ones and they’re pretty good I think, however others didn’t get on with them so I dunno.

Wal2Fra

I got the pulse ones and they’re pretty good I think, however others didn’t get on with them so I dunno.
I have seen a few mention that they can feel uncomfortable during a long playing stint - which is one of my concerns, but I suppose that depends on the individual as you stated yours and other reviews are very positive.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"

Above your budget but I've heard good things about the Steel Series Arctis 7's. Within your budget, definitely the Pulse.

I'll say too that a good headset is a game changer. It's well worth the money.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history

Insomniac dev on ResetEra says it was all captured in real-time on PS5
Looks great. Roll on June because I need something next gen to get my teeth into again. Currently playing PGA2K21 on the PS5 because of that new console post launch barren realease wasteland.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I think it's a shame Sony are charging €80 for exclusives like these. It could probably fly for a Naughty Dog or God of War game but I imagine a lot of people (me included) will be put off buying Returnal and R&C day one because of this. It will clearly impact sales and probably force them to revisit the pricing model.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Embargo is lifted on the 29th at 1pm. Tempted by it myself but RE 8 is out the week after.

Ratchet looks great but probably not going to be spending £70 on that one.
I'm not feeling these first person RE games at all. I want Resi 4 style but next gen.

I'll shell out for a Ratchet.

RedDevilRoshi

Seems like the PSN servers are down :rolleyes: Crazy when a system software update was released earlier today :houllier:

Bosws87

Whens the review embargo over for Returnal, i'm expecting around 85-90 on metacritic!

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Was just reading a review of Returnal. It got leaked by some website and I think they've taken it down now. They give it a 9.3 for those of you who like your scores.

Here are a few snippets from the review.

Returnal is a fast-paced third-person shooter, with less emphasis on precision combat, and more focus on speed and mobility. That is to say that you won’t be covering behind objects, but instead will be running around at lightning speed as you avoid enemy projectiles and attacks, using the verticality of each area to your advantage when you can.
The Weapons of Returnal are really the star of the show in the combat department, and there are around a dozen or so in the game. Each Weapon not only has its own feel to it, like most shooters, but they come with random Alt-fire modes, that operate much like Ultimate Abilities in other games. These are very deadly, but they have long cooldown, so using them at the right time is key.
Another thing that I also love about Returnal, is that while you lose most of your progress when you die, there are milestones that when reached save you tons of time. For example, once you reach the summit in the second biome you will unlock a gate that ports you up there much earlier in the biome, no matter the lay out. This means you can skip half the biome if you want on subsequent attempts.
Returnal will provide most players between 30-50 hours of gameplay, depending on their skill level, patience, and how much they want to explore. Returnal does have daily challenges and leaderboards for those who want to attempt runs in different ways.

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
Might have to get a PS5 for Returnal, I fecking love roguelikes and it looks amazing. Only 12 weapons though? I assume the alt-fire modes will create a lot of variation but I want mooooore.

Bosws87

Was just reading a review of Returnal. It got leaked by some website and I think they've taken it down now. They give it a 9.3 for those of you who like your scores.

Here are a few snippets from the review.
Sounds exactly what i was expecting, i knew the movement and the fluidness would make the game.

Resogun was exactly the same thing for side scrolling and that was super fun to play.

ovoxo

I think the game looks really good, and I am considering buying it, but but I’m worried I may be too crap at it to progress:lol:

Last edited:

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Might have to get a PS5 for Returnal, I fecking love roguelikes and it looks amazing. Only 12 weapons though? I assume the alt-fire modes will create a lot of variation but I want mooooore.
I think I read around 90-100 Weapon traits.

Irwin99

It's still a task to get one that isn't second hand or from a scalper from what I've heard.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Come join us Spanner.
i'm torn between this and new runners. I suppose if I get this, I don't need the new runners anymore. Whereas if I get the new runners, I'll have to attempt to have a life. Maybe I should just go for this.

€80 though, is it really worth that? It's a fecking rogue lite!

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
i'm torn between this and new runners. I suppose if I get this, I don't need the new runners anymore. Whereas if I get the new runners, I'll have to attempt to have a life. Maybe I should just go for this.

€80 though, is it really worth that? It's a fecking rogue lite!
Tell me where else you can get 30-50 hours of entertainment for €80.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
When does it actually come out? Can’t believe I’m even debating buying this at £70 on release but it does look and sound immense.