Gaming PlayStation 5

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
https://www.pushsquare.com/news/202...ow_nearing_three_months_missing_from_ps_store

Just been reading this article. It's been three months since Cyberpunk was on of the PS store. Pretty crazy. At this rate, they're surely going to forgo the release of the PS4 version and go straight to the current-gen, which is something they probably should have done in the first place. Still mental how much they fecked this game up.

Also, I don't see much discussion about the game in general. It came out, got everyone talking about it for all the wrong reasons, then just disappeared seemingly forgotten by everyone. The whole thing is bizarre.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
https://www.pushsquare.com/news/202...ow_nearing_three_months_missing_from_ps_store

Just been reading this article. It's been three months since Cyberpunk was on of the PS store. Pretty crazy. At this rate, they're surely going to forgo the release of the PS4 version and go straight to the current-gen, which is something they probably should have done in the first place. Still mental how much they fecked this game up.

Also, I don't see much discussion about the game in general. It came out, got everyone talking about it for all the wrong reasons, then just disappeared seemingly forgotten by everyone. The whole thing is bizarre.
Genuinely forgot about that game. :lol:

Will pick it up when it gets good I expect.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Genuinely forgot about that game. :lol:

Will pick it up when it gets good I expect.
I think the majority of people have!

The game was always overhyped, but still crazy how it has seemingly died. Really does take some doing for a publisher that was so well regarded to torch their reputation as quickly as they did. The whole thing is quite fascinating.

Berbasbullet

I think the majority of people have!

The game was always overhyped, but still crazy how it has seemingly died. Really does take some doing for a publisher that was so well regarded to torch their reputation as quickly as they did. The whole thing is quite fascinating.
I haven’t even seen it in shops (not that I have been to a shop recently), when they do the ps5 patch I might consider it, although it sounds like the AI in it are just awful.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I haven’t even seen it in shops (not that I have been to a shop recently), when they do the ps5 patch I might consider it, although it sounds like the AI in it are just awful.
Yeah, I'll wait for the proper PS5 patch. Which at this rate, will probably be the end of the year. I'm in no rush, really. The game sounds pretty average aside from all the bugs, etc.

Berbasbullet

And Horizon Zero Dawn, not played that.
It’s a very good game tbf! You’d think bow and arrows v robots would be stupid but they make it work.

It would however great benefit from a 60fps patch.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Awesome to see Subnautica on there. Was going to buy that game a few weeks ago as it looks interesting.

I'm assuming the complete edition of Horizon includes The Frozen Wilds DLC? Played the main game but never played that. Be cool of so.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Streets of Rage 4 is currently £12.99 on the PS Store if anyone is interested in it. Seems a great price. Although you may want to wait until the April PS Plus games are announced just in case this is one of them!

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
It’s a very good game tbf! You’d think bow and arrows v robots would be stupid but they make it work.

It would however great benefit from a 60fps patch.
Amazing game but be prepared for some long losing times.
Awesome! :)

The main game is incredible.
It’s a great game
Thanks. So many first party games that I've had the opportunity to play this past year - Uncharted 1-4, Days Gone, God of War, Bloodborne (still playing) and now HZD

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Thanks. So many first party games that I've had the opportunity to play this past year - Uncharted 1-4, Days Gone, God of War, Bloodborne (still playing) and now HZD
I’ve seen you mentioned you like getting platinums too. Horizon is a pretty easy platinum

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Subnautica is mega. Never felt so exposed* in a game as I have on that while out in the middle of an insanely deep ocean with night rolling in.

*not sure if exposed is the best word. Sounds like I’ve got my nob out in the middle of the ocean.

harshad

Play the odds, not the man - Poor man's Harvey
Scout
On a long road that returns to Old Trafford!!!
Surprising that you havent played these exclusives despite having a ps4 since its inception.

Where have you reached in Bloodborne? I had to take a break in the Nightmare Frontier.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I’ve seen you mentioned you like getting platinums too. Horizon is a pretty easy platinum
Yeah, I like games that don't have missable trophies and can be done in one playthrough/chapter select. The first three of the games I mentioned were fine, Bloodborne on the other hand I'm having to walk on eggshells and even then I've killed a couple of people I know I shouldn't have.

Surprising that you havent played these exclusives despite having a ps4 since its inception.
I had a bit of a break from 2017-19 and when I started playing again there were loads of PS+ games to play.

Where have you reached in Bloodborne? I had to take a break in the Nightmare Frontier.
I'm nowhere near there. Last time I played in mid Feb I had killed Darkbeast and The Witch of Hemwick

harshad

Scout
Yeah, I like games that don't have missable trophies and can be done in one playthrough/chapter select. The first three of the games I mentioned were fine, Bloodborne on the other hand I'm having to walk on eggshells and even then I've killed a couple of people I know I shouldn't have.
Who? The only one that I can think of is the Crow. I ended up killed her, while I was trying to help in the fight :lol:

I had a bit of a break from 2017-19 and when I started playing again there were loads of PS+ games to play.
Ah.... ok...makes sense. I had a Xbox 360 which died around 2013. So there was a bit of lull in playing games for me too until I got a PS4 in 2019.

I'm nowhere near there. Last time I played in mid Feb I had killed Darkbeast and The Witch of Hemwick
Killed Vicar Amelia or yet to kill her?

harshad

Scout
Her and the dweller by the Cathedral Ward lamp, which means I can't get NPCs to the only safe haven (I think).
Always wondered what would happen if you killed the dweller :lol:

If you are going for the Platinum, you can still get it because one of the 3 endings needs 3 ingredient and there are only 4 of those in the game with one of them being from an NPC that you send to Cathedral Ward. Now just ensure that you don't kill Iosefka before killing Rom the Great One

Killed her.
So you reached Bygenwerth now. Nice. Hate that area.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
This is excellent. After Control, Remnant and FF7, seems I won't need to spend for another few months given Subautica in particular is one I've been wanting to play for awhile.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
I've had my eye on subnautica for ages - glad I held off buying.

I'm still hoping that Deep rock galactic one day finds its way onto playstation. Looks such a fun game

Moby

Dick
This is excellent. After Control, Remnant and FF7, seems I won't need to spend for another few months given Subautica in particular is one I've been wanting to play for awhile.
I haven't tried Control yet. I ended up buying GoW right when I was supposed to clear my PS+ backlog. Need to stop buying new games when there are free ones already waiting, but it was tough to resist GoW at a discounted price of INR 700. :lol:

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
I haven't tried Control yet. I ended up buying GoW right when I was supposed to clear my PS+ backlog. Need to stop buying new games when there are free ones already waiting, but it was tough to resist GoW at a discounted price of INR 700. :lol:
I’m same, bought Titanfall 2 for a fiver. Gonna make it my next game looks like a lot of fun.

UmbroDays

I will recommend Nioh 1&2, Dark Souls 1-3, Demons Souls Remake, Bloodborne, Sekiro, God of War, The Witcher 3, Hollow Knight, Shovel Knight, Bloodstained ritual of the night, Darkest Dungeon, Persona 5, Nier Automata, Dragon Quest 11, YS 8, FF7 remake, Ni no kuni 1&2 & Ghost of Tsushima.

These are mostly rpgs, but out of those I've bolded the ones I think anyone should play if only for the experience.
Good list!

Struggle Games:
Nioh 1, but may need to go back to it as I've got it on digital
Demon Souls/Bloodborne
Heard Seikiro was hard, so skipped it

Got but never started:
YS 8
Ni no Kuni

Completed:
Ghost of Tsushima. Actually got platinum on this and I wish the DLC wasn't just online - the story had so many places to go and so many characters to use at the end of the main quest.
LOOOOOOVED Nier Automata and I got a platinum too - seriously creaming for the next version
GOW is my personal GOAT series
Spiderman and Miles Version
All the Uncharted and Lost Legacy

I'm 35 now and I wish I had played these some years ago as I feel my hand-eye coordination was a lot better when I was younger or I just don't have the patience to play difficult games now. I used to test games for SEGA and my gamin was a relatively high level, but I've just stopped being able to play!

It sucks, but now I have my PS5 I should put some energy into clearing the older games and skill up again - going to be a fun journey anyway

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Just finished Control. It's a great game. The combat is great fun when you start unlocking more abilities. Highly recommend it.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I’m same, bought Titanfall 2 for a fiver. Gonna make it my next game looks like a lot of fun.
One of the best games I've played. The campaign is incredible, and the multiplayer is probably the best multiplayer shooter I've ever played. Phenomenal game.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Yeah Titanfall 2 is such an amazing game. It's a shame EA released it at such a bad time and it bombed as a result, it really deserved better.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
I was on the smyths site, refreshing it every few minutes. When the stock appeared it kicked me out and said it thought I was a bot. By the time it let me in it was all gone. Absolute cnuts

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I managed to get one from Smyths, best to make sure you don’t refresh too often I find

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Forspoken (formerly Project Athia) trailer below. PS5 and PC (Sorry Xboxers)

Forspoken is an action RPG where you will take on the role of Frey Holland, an ordinary young woman who must harness her magical abilities to survive in a fantastical and dangerous land called Athia. As Frey, you will embark on a thrilling, other-worldly adventure and face treacherous trials to unravel the mystery behind the unknown land of Athia and awaken something much more from within.
https://blog.playstation.com/2021/03/18/forspoken-comes-to-ps5-in-2022/amp/