Gaming PlayStation 5

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I’ve done the same thing, genuinely terrifying :lol: I’ll send you an invite if I see you online.
I got really good at killer and survivor and kind of lost interest after that! I might jump back in at some point but i felt like I’d played out all possible scenarios and the games started feeling too tactical. Not that fun when people just run the same loops all game.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Is dead by daylight any good? Keep meaning to check it out as Limmy always talks about it and seems to love it

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Is dead by daylight any good? Keep meaning to check it out as Limmy always talks about it and seems to love it
It’s really good fun. I think it falls down with most games in that once you progress enough levels and ability wise it becomes less fun because you end up playing with the core dedicated fan base where everyone knows every exploit and best ways to win that it becomes less fun.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I got really good at killer and survivor and kind of lost interest after that! I might jump back in at some point but i felt like I’d played out all possible scenarios and the games started feeling too tactical. Not that fun when people just run the same loops all game.
I don’t think I’ve reached that level yet, I find most people don’t seem to do any of the generators? Which I find strange.

I’m finding private games with my friends more fun than anything, something satisfying about stabbing your mate and scaring the hell out of them.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
It’s really good fun. I think it falls down with most games in that once you progress enough levels and ability wise it becomes less fun because you end up playing with the core dedicated fan base where everyone knows every exploit and best ways to win that it becomes less fun.
That reminds me of this:

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Reddit rumours are saying it might be low-key, under the radar Silent Hill game, made by Kojima...
Those rumours are nonsense. Blue Box has had a website up since 2015, promoted a previous game around that time which ended up being vapourware, released some mobile games and just because they don't have much of an online presence and their previous stuff is clearly inspired by Kojima/PT, people have gone wild.

They've made a statement

We received several emails regarding the Hideo Kojima rumor. We have no association with Hideo Kojima nor do we claim to have any association nor was it our intention to claim such a statement. We are a small group of developers working on a passionate title we wanted to work on for a long time. We have been assisting other studios in the past with their projects and we wanted to work on our very first big project. While it is true that we've been working on small projects in the past, we certainly didn't use that for marketing purposes. We hope this has clarified this matter and hope to see you all in our very first gameplay reveal of Abandoned.

rotherham_red

Those rumours are nonsense. Blue Box has had a website up since 2015, promoted a previous game around that time which ended up being vapourware, released some mobile games and just because they don't have much of an online presence and their previous stuff is clearly inspired by Kojima/PT, people have gone wild.

They've made a statement
Ah gotcha; thanks!

b82REZ

it's incredibly good but probably not for everyone. There is no combat, it's all dialogue. The only person you're fighting is yourself. You basically roll dice against some of your actions at various points and getting it wrong can lower your health. And actions you take determine the way the story progresses. Not sure if that makes it more or less accessible than Divinity though, I guess more? Seeing as turn based combat can be considered a bit niche and this doesn't have it.

I'd strongly suggest looking up some gameplay videos for it. Best I can describe it is like a visual novel mixed with a CRPG.
I struggle to get into games that are overly complicated and this might look it but I found it quite easy.

It's cerebral in that sometimes two parts of your character fight against each other (like types of thoughts in his brain) but it's all part of what makes it good. When it boils down to it you've got essentially a point and click detective game where you pick options based on the percentage chance they will succeed. You can increase these chances by having good stats, or the right item on you, or the right knowledge, etc...

I've not played a game like it before tbh.
This game is amazing. Spent the last couple of hours trying to get some speed. I'm determined to befriend Cuno and have him as my dealer.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
This game is amazing. Spent the last couple of hours trying to get some speed. I'm determined to befriend Cuno and have him as my dealer.
Cuno was a little cnut.

Glad you’re enjoying!

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
So I left ABZU mid way as it was boring as feck and have moved on to Subnautica which was the one I was really excited about from the free to play line up. And it's absolutely brilliant so far. 22 hours in and other than a few 'missions' I've mostly been getting used to the survival mechanics and building new gadgets. One of those games I can just get lost in.

Playing FF7 remake as well which is very good.

But, Subnautica :drool:

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Even though it’s technically a PS4 game, Hellblade plays and looks like a next gen game still.

platinumed it at the weekend, two consecutive play throughs.

Id forgotten how good this was and the third act is just incredible stuff, almost transcends the video game platform it’s so absorbing. Headphones are a must. Really becomes incredible when you get the hellblade itself. The graphics, fighting mechanics and music really meld together.

Woodzy

Even though it’s technically a PS4 game, Hellblade plays and looks like a next gen game still.

platinumed it at the weekend, two consecutive play throughs.

Id forgotten how good this was and the third act is just incredible stuff, almost transcends the video game platform it’s so absorbing. Headphones are a must. Really becomes incredible when you get the hellblade itself. The graphics, fighting mechanics and music really meld together.
I found it too unsettling unfortunately but do want to try it again eventually.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
So I left ABZU mid way as it was boring as feck and have moved on to Subnautica which was the one I was really excited about from the free to play line up. And it's absolutely brilliant so far. 22 hours in and other than a few 'missions' I've mostly been getting used to the survival mechanics and building new gadgets. One of those games I can just get lost in.

Playing FF7 remake as well which is very good.

But, Subnautica :drool:
Subnautica is excellent. I've had to stop playing though as it was actually creeping me out big time. I'm wondering if I might have a bit of a deep sea phobia.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Anyone else getting really bad lag since the software update?

Balljy

Yeah. Shame about the pandemic/chip shortage. Supply can't anywhere near match demand and probably won't for the rest of the year at least.
I'm beginning to read reports that it could last until 2023 now. It's amazing how this has become such a big thing so suddenly and could lead to shortages for a few years. I guess that the capacity problems may ease for the consoles as the technology gets more mature and yields get better, but it does seem it will last for a while yet. I'm just hoping that it'll be OK for when I get my PS5 slim in a couple of years.

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/202...ecs-agree-chip-shortage-could-last-into-2023/

Traub

Home entertainment companies seem like the biggest winners of this pandemic.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Yeah. Shame about the pandemic/chip shortage. Supply can't anywhere near match demand and probably won't for the rest of the year at least.
Well the pandemic is also driving the insane demand to be fair.

I think it would have broken records either way though. With each console gen, the gaming audience has grown, expendable income has increased on average etc. etc.

Wal2Fra

Got mine yesterday and happy to see days gone was on the psn as a freebie for the month & that Uncharted 4 is free on the ps+. Was on xbox for the past few years so there is a long list of ps exclusives that I can’t wait to get going on.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
You reckon it's a lockdown + scalpers thing? I'll break from character for a moment and say that I'm sure the PS5 will be an amazing console eventually but, like the Xbox, I'm not sure what they're offering just yet that has created such high demand. Inherently speaking of course.

Edit: @Alock1 gives some good reasons.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Got mine yesterday and happy to see days gone was on the psn as a freebie for the month & that Uncharted 4 is free on the ps+. Was on xbox for the past few years so there is a long list of ps exclusives that I can’t wait to get going on.
The ps plus collection is amazing if you’re new to playstation. Highly recommend God of War, been upgraded for ps5 and is class, and free!