Gaming PlayStation 5

b82REZ

Acoustically it's the same thing, I will check it tonight to see if there is any difference, but will absolute shocked if there is actual 3d effect - meaning hearing sounds to the side and behind you.
I've tested it and it does work.

Not as well as the headphones but certainly gives the depth of sound, albeit in a tinny, muffled way.

Ainu

I've just tested it with a soundbar and can confirm it sounds different. I'll need to test some games to hear what it actually does.

Edit: tried Days Gone and I hate it. It's like there's totally no bass or something, even though I've got a subwoofer. It's clearly not working as intended.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I stuck that game on just to see what all the fuss was about. Didnt think much of it, and yet somehow, 200 hours later Im still playing it. It seems kinda simple at first, but then as you get into it theres so much more going on and to explore. And just when you think youve got it figured out, it throws something else at you to switch up the replay value. Honestly, I havent enjoyed playing a game like this since FTL. Very fun, very addictive game.
Yeah, funny enough I was thinking that last night. I thought I had the basic outline of it down, but obviously, I'm really early into the game so there's a lot more to come. I think that goes for a lot of these games really. Don't wanna throw everything at you at once. Can't wait to play some more later.

Balljy

I've just tested it with a soundbar and can confirm it sounds different. I'll need to test some games to hear what it actually does.

Edit: tried Days Gone and I hate it. It's like there's totally no bass or something, even though I've got a subwoofer. It's clearly not working as intended.
It's only for TV speakers or headphones in yesterdays patch, so switching on 3D Audio and using it with a soundbar definitely won't work as intended yet.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Well if its just one bar under the TV you won't be able to. You need multiple speakers or a pair of pulse 3d headphones.
No, as it stands its only headphones and TV speakers. I tried to use the TV setting. Multi speaker support is coming some time in the future, hopefully that includes TV bars...

The Firestarter

No, as it stands its only headphones and TV speakers. I tried to use the TV setting. Multi speaker support is coming some time in the future, hopefully that includes TV bars...
Are you talking multi speaker with conjuction with pulse 3d specifically? Because regular home cinema I can already configure from the sounds settings in ps5 , and that includes speaker position/angles.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Are you talking multi speaker with conjuction with pulse 3d specifically? Because regular home cinema I can already configure from the sounds settings in ps5 , and that includes speaker position/angles.
I'm talking about Tempest audio which is specific to PS5, it supported headphones, now it supports TV speakers, later it will support more.
https://www.tomsguide.com/uk/features/ps5-and-3d-audio-everything-you-need-to-know#

Exactly my experience. I've just boosted the bass when using it but....

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Still hunting around for one, unbelievable they are still near impossible to get.
I got one last week after a month or so if looking. I would recommend following PS5 Stock UK on twitter and turning tweet notifications on. Was fairly easy when I did that.

b82REZ

Just got home and my Ps5 just isn't being detetcted by my TV.

The lights on the console seem normal and it seems to be reading discs but the TV is not detecting a signal.

Tried all the usual troubleshooting and nothing is working and the TV is detecting other HDMI inputs (Switch).

Anyone got any ideas because at moment it's looking like my ps5 is bricked.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.

The lights on the console seem normal and it seems to be reading discs but the TV is not detecting a signal.

Tried all the usual troubleshooting and nothing is working and the TV is detecting other HDMI inputs (Switch).

Have you tried turning it off and back on again?

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses

Guessing you've tried another hdmi cable but have you tried a different tv/monitor?

b82REZ

Guessing you've tried another hdmi cable but have you tried a different tv/monitor?
Yep. Looks like it's the console despite the fact the lights seem normal on the console.

Trying to access it via remote play but not expecting much because I don't think I activated it on the console.

It's looking more likely my console has bricked somehow and I'll have to return it because I can't even get a picture when I try and boot into safe mode.

I don't know what could have caused it because it was working last night. Even more annoying is I'd just picked up Deathloop while I was out.

b82REZ

So I've just managed managed to access the console storage through the app.

Deathloop had installed while the disc was in, so again suggests the console is fine. I managed to uninstall it through the app so I'll leave it for the second half and go back to it later.

I'm absolutely stumped as to why none of my TV are detecting the console though.

b82REZ

Managed to get on through remote play.

Deathloop installed and played properly through that and everything else seemed to work fine but still cannot get a picture on any TV with any HDMI cable. Completely out of ideas now. Can't even figure out what caused it

Balljy

Managed to get on through remote play.

Deathloop installed and played properly through that and everything else seemed to work fine but still cannot get a picture on any TV with any HDMI cable. Completely out of ideas now. Can't even figure out what caused it
Sounds bizarre, but definitely related to HDMI.

Have you tried the old draining capacitors step? Unplug it and hold the power button for 15 seconds until you hear the capacitors click. On PC's that forces a reload of the BIOS etc and has got me out of bad situations before.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Where is best place to get the vouchers to make games cheaper? Got a few games I need to grab in the next couple weeks so seems wise to save as much as I can

b82REZ

Sounds bizarre, but definitely related to HDMI.

Have you tried the old draining capacitors step? Unplug it and hold the power button for 15 seconds until you hear the capacitors click. On PC's that forces a reload of the BIOS etc and has got me out of bad situations before.
Yeah tried all the old PC tricks too.

I found one video on YouTube that seemed to be the same issue and that was a faulty HDMI on the motherboard.

Looks like I'll have no choice but to send it back to Sony, however long that's going to take.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
@Solius' mate's game releases tomorrow. Here's the launch trailer released today

Resetera hate the developer of this and I cant even work out why

It is difficult to keep up with who we are meant to like and dislike

Bosws87

Really like the look of Kena when i first saw it, the lack of reviews implying there is a embargo until it is released is concerning a lot of the time its because it's disappointing, fingers crossed.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Really like the look of Kena when i first saw it, the lack of reviews implying there is a embargo until it is released is concerning a lot of the time its because it's disappointing, fingers crossed.
For me I think it's worth remembering that they are first and foremost an animation studio and this is their first foray into making games, though some of their hires may have had experience with making games in the past.

The visuals I think will be great, likewise the story will probably be good due to their experience in that department. The gameplay itself will probably be where the questions are, and I think it'll review around 75-80 but what they've learned while developing Kena will put them in good stead for their next game.
Reminds me, need to see if he can send me a code.
Fingers crossed.

Ditto what Elvis said but I'd promote him instantly.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Apparently he only got given one code and everyone has already been asking. :(

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Haven't played it so no real judgement but I do think you have to do something really special for a 3D platformer not to feel average. A good example is that Brothers game, which was elevated a lot by having co-op as the main feature.

I've thought for ages that this style of game might work better as a 2D game - similar to how I don't think Ori would transition well into 3D.

Still, it'll probably sell a lot and be a good basis for whatever they make next :)

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Haven't played it so no real judgement but I do think you have to do something really special for a 3D platformer not to feel average. A good example is that Brothers game, which was elevated a lot by having co-op as the main feature.

I've thought for ages that this style of game might work better as a 2D game - similar to how I don't think Ori would transition well into 3D.

Still, it'll probably sell a lot and be a good basis for whatever they make next :)
There have already been three really special platformers released this year (Ratchet, Psychonauts 2, It Takes Two), any of which could arguably be called a GOTY contender, so I don't think it's too hard to make great ones, as long as you bring good ideas to the table. Ratchet and Psy 2 especially don't really do anything "new" but they're so well refined and fun that it doesn't matter.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Never the best sign when no reviews have come out for a game one day before release.
Just asked about this and he said he doesn't think they sent many out. Isn't sure why.

I need better sources.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

I'm playing #KenaBridgeofSpirits ! Here are my first impressions:
- Best indie ever produced (at least for me);
- Stunning visuals;
- BRUTAL use of the SSD;
- Fabulous soundtrack;
- Super fluid combat and gameplay;
- Pixar movie level title
I can't comment any more about it, I hope you understand! I'm under an embargo and I'll tell you everything in my review there at TG, but I'll only post it after finishing the main story. I hope it's by Friday at the latest. Right now, all I can say is: TRUST

pascell

Had this problem a few times, had to reset my ps5 to get it back on. Eventually I used a different HDMI and I haven't had the issue since *touchwood*

It's a well known issue with the ps5.

b82REZ

Had this problem a few times, had to reset my ps5 to get it back on. Eventually I used a different HDMI and I haven't had the issue since *touchwood*

It's a well known issue with the ps5.
I've tried everything and nothing works.

Finally got through to Sony and now they want me to send them pics of the HDMI socket on the console.

pascell

I've tried everything and nothing works.

Finally got through to Sony and now they want me to send them pics of the HDMI socket on the console.
Yeah its definitely a HDMI issue. Hopefully you get it sorted asap, as far as I know Sony have been good with replacing faulty models.