Gaming PlayStation 5

Tiber

I recently got an email from Argos - ENJOY £10 OFF WHEN YOU SPEND £100 IN TECHNOLOGY

I didn't think this would work with games, but I stuck Cyberpunk PS4 and Miles Morales PS5 in my basket and much to my surprise it worked. Nice to save a tenner, I will cancel my existing Amazon and Game preorders.

Worth looking in your account to see if you have a voucher, you could save some cash on a headset, controller etc.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
A weapon in a Souls game as an exclusive pre-order bonus? Disgusting. Fecking hell, I'm really looking forward to this and the PS5 era in general, but Sony are really starting to annoy me.
Pre order bonuses are not a new thing though, I actually figured it was just accepted nowadays.... Like lootboxes and battlepasses etc. Personally I never bother with em....

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
No that's to get Spiderman. You can buy MM on PS4 and upgrade for free to the PS5 edition (and take your save with you).
Are you sure? So you can buy the standalone version of MM and it'll work on PS5 with the upgraded graphics?

Reading that link I posted it seemed to say the opposite but I must admit i'm all very confused by it.

Krovv

RedCafe Verified
Supports
Arsenal
I don't buy games from the PS Store. I prefer buying discs only because I usually get them for cheap. Can someone tell me if it is possible to put any PS4 disc in a PS5 and play the game? Can't find a definitive answer to this on the Internet.

AaronRedDevil

I don't buy games from the PS Store. I prefer buying discs only because I usually get them for cheap. Can someone tell me if it is possible to put any PS4 disc in a PS5 and play the game? Can't find a definitive answer to this on the Internet.
Yes you can do just that. Ps4 disc will play on the ps5.

littlepeasoup

So, there's not really too much point in buying the PS5 version of a game if you can get a free upgrade and the PS4 version is cheaper - is what I'm taking away from this?

Smores

So, there's not really too much point in buying the PS5 version of a game if you can get a free upgrade and the PS4 version is cheaper - is what I'm taking away from this?
Yeah i was wondering this with Fifa 21. Will they even have a PS5 disc version if so will be priced same as PS4 version?

fergosaurus

Got Spider-Man and COD which I'll probably trade in for something else in a couple of months.

That's me sorted for a while as I've only completed one of the 18 free ones and there's a few on the list I've been meaning to play.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
So do I pre order this or will I be able to stroll into a retailer amd just buy one in November.

Ainu

Pre order bonuses are not a new thing though, I actually figured it was just accepted nowadays.... Like lootboxes and battlepasses etc. Personally I never bother with em....
I've always hated them with a passion and can't remember a Souls game ever having them. Exclusive pre-order content needs to die.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Sony have been awful this gen so far, and the console isn't even out yet!
Agreed. Seems like they're making a bit of a balls of everything. Nothing on launch is massively inspiring either. I actually think I might cancel the headet and just shell out for Demon Souls (which I never played at least). Even Miles Morales looks like glorified DLC for the first game.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Agreed. Seems like they're making a bit of a balls of everything. Nothing on launch is massively inspiring either. I actually think I might cancel the headet and just shell out for Demon Souls (which I never played at least). Even Miles Morales looks like glorified DLC for the first game.
A glorified DLC that costs the price of a full game, except if you buy it on PS4 and just upgrade it, oh but you can only get the upgraded original if you buy the PS5 one and then pay another 20 quid on top of that. Shocking.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Depends, how are cases in the Netherlands at the moment?
Covid cases? They're through the roof. We're one of the biggest Covid hotspots in Europe. That's in part, because we refuse to lockdown though, so I imagine stores will be open.

Smores

I hope Demon Souls gameplay matches up to how impressive it looks. Its the only game showcased so far that has really looked next-gen to me.

Feck an extra 30 quid for a cosmetic though

b82REZ

So what ganes are people going for at launch?

I have Cyberpunk arriving on the same day. Fairly certain my gf is going to get me Spiderman for my birthday, so trying to decide which other PS5 game to grab. I've contemplated Demolition All Stars and Sackboy, but honestly think it'll be Godfall. I don't have the time or patience at the moment to start Demon's Souls so I'll grab that next year.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
So what ganes are people going for at launch?

I have Cyberpunk arriving on the same day. Fairly certain my gf is going to get me Spiderman for my birthday, so trying to decide which other PS5 game to grab. I've contemplated Demolition All Stars and Sackboy, but honestly think it'll be Godfall. I don't have the time or patience at the moment to start Demon's Souls so I'll grab that next year.
I reckon Demon Souls for sure just so I can enjoy the graphical leap and then tbh I might just play a few games I missed from the PS Plus Collection until something comes out that looks interesting. I'll probably cave and get Spiderman though.

Bosws87

Seems people forget every new console release that launch lineups are nearly always dreadful this is one of the better ones which shows just how dreadful they usually are.

Demons souls will be my only purchase with my day one console, i've not played through it properly before so its going to be amazing to play it through without knowing any of it.

A souls game as a launch title, i can't complain.

krautrøck

Supports
FC Bayer 05 Uerdingen
Can you be online with the same PSN account on several machines at the same time? With any combination of the PS3, 4 and 5? Is that possible?

Tiber

The new graphic improvements do so little for me. Games have reached the point where they look incredible, we could never have imagined even reaching this point a few generations ago. A few new marginal improvements upon the PS4 version doesn't excite me.

The talk of Spiderman on PS5 having near-instant loading times is much more appealing.