16th September Showcase links
- 8 core AMD 7nm Zen 2 based on third generation Ryzen.
- Ray-tracing support with custom AMD Navi GPU.
- Custom AMD unit for 3D Audio, also aided by ray-tracing, a big upgrade.
- Extremely fast high-end custom SSD storage faster than any solution currently available for PC:
Spider-Man load times on PS4 Pro: 15 seconds → 0.8 seconds on next-gen PlayStation.
- Technically supports 8K but Cerny demoed Spider-Man load speed improvements on a 4K screen.
- New Virtual Reality platform strongly hinted at but also supports current PSVR (meaning millions of VR users 'day one').
- Death Stranding might be a cross-gen title (speculation in article based on Cerny reply).
- Physical Media.
- Backwards Compatible with at least PS4.
- Four years in development so far.
- 2020 release
Last edited by a moderator: