Gaming PlayStation 5

Tiber

I have no morals. I said I would prefer to avoid game, but I just bought one from them. I wanted to be able to go to bed knowing that I have a console secured and that I don't need to join the mad rush in the morning.

Don't like game much, but they were going to sell out with or without me.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Exactly. If you look through the store frequently there are plenty of games to be found. I’ve like 20 games that I’ve barely played. I’ve bought them all because the price was extremely attractive at the time.
The Store has some great bargains. Yeah games go back upto full price after but literally there’s a ton of stuff on sale at any one time.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
The Store has some great bargains. Yeah games go back upto full price after but literally there’s a ton of stuff on sale at any one time.
I hate it because I always end up buying games that I’m never going to play. Just in case though.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
That doesn't change my point? What if a game doesn't go on sale? Sony literally have a monopoly on digital sales so they have no competition to keep prices competitive.
I’ve never know game not go on sale. New releases are always more expensive than physical editions, but after a month or two even those will go on sale. Everything gets discounted at some point. Sony has 100m subscribers, it isn’t going to suddenly start jacking all its prices up and stopping discounts on games. As @Bojan11 their competition is Xbox live.

Bojan11

AC origins goes on sale every other month.
So does the Witcher. So does RDR 2. Nearly every major game goes on sale. I prefer digital. I rarely buy games on sales anyway. I buy all my games day one. I probably bought about 5 or 6 in the last month all day one. I am not the type who waits for sales.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
You've got to admit it's not exactly ideal if you want a game but have to wait until it's next on sale to not pay loads more than everyone else, which could be months away or possibly never.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
In fairness, games have been getting towards £70+ for a while now. It's just that they've done it stealthily by charging for versions with optional DLC (cut content basically).

I mean just yesterday I saw a version of the upcoming new Far Cry on PSN for £92 :eek:

I guess this was inevitably going to happen with all these blockbuster titles (expensive due to improvements to tech, Hollywood voice acting, etc).

Last edited:

Bojan11

I have no morals. I said I would prefer to avoid game, but I just bought one from them. I wanted to be able to go to bed knowing that I have a console secured and that I don't need to join the mad rush in the morning.

Don't like game much, but they were going to sell out with or without me.
Same. Gonna try with Amazon next and then cancel my GAME order at a later date.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Final post from me tonight. Do you reckon I can pre-order the PS5 then download Cyberpunk straight onto it as I notice they release the exact same day in the Uk? Thats really the only game I want and I know the upgraded version won't come out till later on.

Bojan11

Final post from me tonight. Do you reckon I can pre-order the PS5 then download Cyberpunk straight onto it as I notice they release the exact same day in the Uk? Thats really the only game I want and I know the upgraded version won't come out till later on.
Yes, it should work.

Tiber

Same. Gonna try with Amazon next and then cancel my GAME order at a later date.
Im pretty sure they took all the money upfront, not sure I can be bothered waiting 72 hours for a refund etc.

Atleast its coming via Royal Mail 24, so no dicking around with Yodel or some other nightmare courier.

Though apparently I lost out on 1800 reward points because they forced everyone to use guest checkout, so a pretty quick reminder why I usually try to avoid game.

Bojan11

Im pretty sure they took all the money upfront, not sure I can be bothered waiting 72 hours for a refund etc.

Atleast its coming via Royal Mail 24, so no dicking around with Yodel or some other nightmare courier.
I paid £10 extra for DPD. As I can stalk the driver on their app all day, where he is moving and when he is nearby.

BristolRuss

Love how digital was great a week ago when the Series S was announced but now it’s a no go :lol:
It's not great on the Series S either, but at least you have options on where to buy it. Between CD Keys, Green Man Gaming, Humble Bundle, Amazon etc you will normally find a cheaper option because all of those sites have to compete with each other.

Tiber

Ordered with the headset...Xbox next week, so gonna be an expensive week!

Would really like the headset, but il have to make do with just the console for now. Wouldn't fancy having to pay out for two at once!

Tiber

Game have a load of bundles. Can't see who is rushing to buy a console bundled with a media remote or camera - with zero saving.

Tiber

I’m guessing only Very do the pay over 6 months thing? Don’t see that option on Smyths. Very haven’t got pre-orders up yet.
Currys usually offer payment plans. Or you could go Argos via an Argos card. Usually have 12 months 0% interest via argos card.