Gaming PlayStation 5

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Didn't realise that myself, thought places like CDKeys were selling PS4 digital games etc.

That changes everything for me. Considering I missed out on the PS4 generation, and mainly want the PS5 on day one to play the backlog, I can't see Sony pricing all their PS4 exclusives at great prices on launch, so I think it'll be the physical version for me, even if it's £100 more.
Many PS4 games are on PS Now which is £8.99/month (though CD Keys were doing a yearly pass for £35, not sure if they still are). Might be worth checking what's on there.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I think it's still good for Xbox.

Just checked and yeah they don't seem to have PS4 prices anymore but they do have Xbox prices. It's one of the reasons I'm not ready to fully embrace a digital only console yet. Say you wanted to buy Assassin's Creed Origins and you only had a digital console, well on the PS4 store it is £49.99 and on the Xbox store it is a whopping £54.99! Except at least on Xbox I can pop to CD Keys and buy an Xbox code for £11.49.
Ok, that's good. Not for Playstation users though. Suckers

Yesterday I got 2 lots of Gamepass Ultimate on CD keys for 3 months at 18 quid and worked.
I meant for next gen games. I also got Gamepass off there recently. Think I paid 21 though!

Havak

Pokemon master
Yesterday I got 2 lots of Gamepass Ultimate on CD keys for 3 months at 18 quid and worked.
Things like Xbox Live, GamePass, PS+, Nintendo Online, DLC Expansions, Season Passes etc will all still be available as download codes for the foreseeable. It's just the actual full, base retail games that aren't allowed to be sold via a code anymore (PlayStation and Nintendo). So, for example, you wouldn't be able to go and buy a download code for the new Assassin's Creed on PS5 when it comes out, but if they release a DLC you can probably find a code for that online cheaper than it would be direct from the PlayStation Store.

Dave_MUFC

Many PS4 games are on PS Now which is £8.99/month (though CD Keys were doing a yearly pass for £35, not sure if they still are). Might be worth checking what's on there.
Just gave it a quick check, and think most of the exclusives have been removed.

Mainly planning on getting:
- Horizon
- Ratchet and Clank (Started PS3 version but never finished it)
- God of War (Started PS3 version but never finished it)
- Uncharted(Started PS3 version but never finished it)
- Death Stranding
- Spiderman
- Ghosts of Tsushima
- The Last of Us
- Nioh

I know some of the PS3 versions are available on PSNow, but considering those remakes on the PS4 are <£10 to buy, it's probably a smarter investment to just buy them outright.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
@esmufc07 are you pumped mate? What you think on the prices? Think £499.99 for disc and £499.99 for digital.
Wonder will they tell us if last get exclusives will be getting a bump in resolution or frame rates tonight?

Adamsk7

I wonder whether they will do a The Last of Us 2 remaster like they did with the original or they will just give us better graphics for free? Hoping for the latter because there’s less of an architectural change in the consoles this gen.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I wonder whether they will do a The Last of Us 2 remaster like they did with the original or they will just give us better graphics for free? Hoping for the latter because there’s less of an architectural change in the consoles this gen.
Other games are just offering free graphical upgrades, so you’d hope it’d be the same.

paulscholes18

I’m expecting £449 disc & 349 digital
Best it could be £399 & £299
At worst £449 & £399

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
There’s a lot to like about Xbox going into this gen but even before tonight’s show it feels like Sony has a better understanding of what gets me hyped AF for new hardware.

They had me at the Astro Bot pack-in game that shows off all the new controller functions, frankly.

Last edited:

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Leak

https://www.resetera.com/threads/french-retailer-micromania-may-have-leaked-ps5-prices-500-400-€-and-pre-order-date-4-launch-titles-micromania-denies-rumour-on-twitter-for-now.287690/

Rumoured to be €499/€399 and following games available for preorder: Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Destruction All-Stars, Demon's Souls Remake and Sackboy Adventures

Miles Morales and Demon's Souls would be a strong launch.
They would be good prices. Not sure what that means for UK, though.

Irwin99

Better graphics are obvious but I'm hoping the AI in next gen games might be a bit better. The enemy AI in Ghost of Tsushima for example was pretty laughable (still a great game and all)

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I wouldn't say Demon Souls is a strong launch.

A remake of a super niche decade old game that is the red-headed stepchild of the Souls series.

Nickosaur

As someone who hasn't owned a PS3/4, while I'm looking forward to some of the launch games that might get announced later, I've got a hell of a lot of catching up to do. Last of Us I & II, Uncharted Series, God Of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, Spiderman. . .

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Better graphics are obvious but I'm hoping the AI in next gen games might be a bit better. The enemy AI in Ghost of Tsushima for example was pretty laughable (still a great game and all)
Would be lovely if Guerrilla made a new Killzone. 2 and 3 are ridiculously overlooked when it comes to enemy AI.

Adamsk7

The good news for me is I had such a backlog of titles that I still have sealed copies of -

The Last of Us 2
Ghosts of Tsushima
Avengers
Persona 5 Royal

so that lot should keep me going. I always buy games on launch because I get so hyped on the day so I’ll definitely pick up Miles Morales and probably Valhalla. Of course I’ll get Cyberpunk (Witcher is my favourite current gen game) but not sure which consoles will be out by that point.
Think I preordered it on Xbox

Traub

Honestly, I was going to go for the Series S. But feck it think I'm going to get the PS5. Sony just re-launched selling TVs over here (South Africa), and I'm hoping there are some deals on a 4K TV plus PS5.