Gaming PlayStation 5

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
So what is this going to do to the used game market? See prices fall for selling games 2nd hand due to not as many people being available as possible buyers, increase price due to less discs available? Cancel each other out and stay as it is?

Bojan11

So what is this going to do to the used game market? See prices fall for selling games 2nd hand due to not as many people being available as possible buyers, increase price due to less discs available? Cancel each other out and stay as it is?
GAME finished. Even that ps plus collection is dangerous for them as Sony will add more games to it.

Digital is like half the sales. In a few years there will be publishers who just stop making discs. Just straight to digital.

Tiber

I really can't stand Game, they have been horrible since before Ashley bought them. Hopefully I can grab an Amazon or Argos pre-order tomorrow morning.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
If you're going digital, bear in mind that you're going to need an external hard drive pretty sharpish, which will level you you up with the physical drive machine, plus you'll be paying more on a game by game basis.

Over the life of these machines, digital only will be pretty brutal in terms of difference in cost.

@Mr Pigeon I think if Sony ever get the monoply with digital, they'll drive the prices up not down, personally.

Riz

Presume we’ll be able to pre order the black version as well? Is there a confirmed time for when Amazon will start pre orders tomorrow?

Bojan11

If you're going digital, bear in mind that you're going to need an external hard drive pretty sharpish, which will level you you up with the physical drive machine, plus you'll be paying more on a game by game basis.

Over the life of these machines, digital only will be pretty brutal in terms of difference in cost.

@Mr Pigeon I think if Sony ever get the monoply with digital, they'll drive the prices up not down, personally.
You install games on the disc Console, so you’d need a external HDD on the disc version too.

And you can end up paying less. I think people need to do research. Buy codes from ShopTo or cdkeys and the games cost the same as a physical disc. Just like you buy Xbox game codes from cd keys. Only problem is you can’t resell, but I haven’t sold a game since 2006. That was dead or alive. It annoyed me like @Mr Pigeon did.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.

HDD part is true for Disc drive as well. To be honest PS store has great deals ( not as good as physical) but still it's not a bad option if you don't use blu ray disc

Castia

Presume we’ll be able to pre order the black version as well? Is there a confirmed time for when Amazon will start pre orders tomorrow?
Only the white version is official so far.

Tiber

I thought there was a black version last week. turned out it was a picture with a huge amount of shadow. real shame, it looked great

Shark

@NotShark
Was there mention of a black version by Sony? I was wondering also but thought it was still speculation or whatever.

Riz

Apologies all, I thought the black version pictures I’d seen online were official.

As they’re not I won’t be pre-ordering the white one since it’ll be a real eye sore in my set up.

Shark

@NotShark
I thought there was a black version last week. turned out it was a picture with a huge amount of shadow. real shame, it looked great
Kind of baffling Sony haven't given us that option given it's been black since the PS2.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
You install games on the disc Console, so you’d need a external HDD on the disc version too.

And you can end up paying less. I think people need to do research. Buy codes from ShopTo or cdkeys and the games cost the same as a physical disc. Just like you buy Xbox game codes from cd keys. Only problem is you can’t resell, but I haven’t sold a game since 2006. That was dead or alive. It annoyed me like @Mr Pigeon did.
HDD part is true for Disc drive as well. To be honest PS store has great deals ( not as good as physical) but still it's not a bad option if you don't use blu ray disc
That's interesting. Didn't know you had keys for console in the same way as PC. Stand corrected there. Does that mean you can get old games for cheap on keys, too? If that's the case, it does level out against the used physical games market.

No disc gives me the heebee jeebees!

Bojan11

That's interesting. Didn't know you had keys for console in the same way as PC. Stand corrected there. Does that mean you can get old games for cheap on keys, too? If that's the case, it does level out against the used physical games market.

No disc gives me the heebee jeebees!
No. But the £50 credit you can buy for £40. £60 for £50 etc it’s always tenner less.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Not sure what the feeling is here, but DON'T buy the digital console. You're locking yourself to PSN for the next 7 years. Limiting your options and not being able to selll games back/buy used.

If you game a decent amount, you'll EASILY make up that £100 dfference.

DavelinaJolie

Not sure what the feeling is here, but DON'T buy the digital console. You're locking yourself to PSN for the next 7 years. Limiting your options and not being able to selll games back/buy used.

As a frugal gamer, this is true. However as someone who care about the environment reduction of use of plastics is a good thing.

Also don't be surprised if Sony and MS start cracking down on sites that sell cheap digital currency/subscription codes.

Bojan11

Sort him out @esmufc07.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I think I may wait on the PS5 until the black version comes out. That white one is giving me 2003 concept vibes.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Yes, although broadly speaking prices will remain higher as digital becomes dominant Sony controls the price. There is always the downward pressure from used but instead of it being 20% used Vs 20% digital it's 5% used Vs 60% digital

* Numbers are made up

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks

I have a PS4 digital edition (disc drive is broken, need to fix it).

It's alright

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I really can't make up my mind between physical and digital. I haven't bought a physical game for years, don't really resale and I enjoy the convenience of digital yet I'm still feeling uneasy about the digital-only. I think its made for people like me though, that's the cost of two brand new launch games!

Paxi

I really can't make up my mind between physical and digital. I haven't bought a physical game for years, don't really resale and I enjoy the convenience of digital yet I'm still feeling uneasy about the digital-only. I think its made for people like me though, that's the cost of two brand new launch games!
Do you watch 4k blu rays? If you do, then disc is the way to go.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Since there was no news for enhancements, does that mean they will again sell remastered version of PS4 games?

Paxi

Since there was no news for enhancements, does that mean they will again sell remastered version of PS4 games?
Well they did with Uncharted and Last of Us so I wouldn’t be surprised.