Gaming PlayStation 5

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Because this discussion was about DD2?

I hate the whole concept, but this was the game being discussed and it's particularly laughable to not only include something in a game that the dev explicitly said wouldn't be there, but to monetise it too.

Frankly, it's weird that you've taken it so personally.
Sounds like it can be completely ignored from the game though?

Someone else mentioned HD2.... I'm 150+ hrs in and I've spent £1.69 on the game over the £35 it cost at launch. Maybe we should look at each game on its actually merits and gameplay rather than "Microtranslations? Aaaaaargh!11 Kill them!!"

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Sounds like it can be completely ignored from the game though?

Someone else mentioned HD2.... I'm 150+ hrs in and I've spent £1.69 on the game over the £35 it cost at launch. Maybe we should look at each game on its actually merits and gameplay rather than "Microtranslations? Aaaaaargh!11 Kill them!!"
I disagree wholeheartedly with microtransactions, outside of perhaps cosmetics in otherwise free to play games.

It doesn't matter to me if it can be ignored, it's just particularly egregious in this case as the dev literally said something like "we won't have fast travel because fast travel is for boring games" only for the game to include it and for it to be monetised.

It probably won't stop me picking it up in a sale, but as consumers, we shouldn't accept this nonsense. If Elden Ring, for example, contained a small, finite number of health potions, but launched with a £2 microtransaction to acquire more, it could similarly be handwaved with "you can ignore it/you don't have to buy it" but it wouldn't make it any less shit.