Gaming PlayStation 5

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Game Pass Ultimate includes Now TV?
No, i was referring to PS Now not Now TV. I was agreeing with @esmufc07 that Sony should combine PS Now and PS Plus into one package, like Xbox does with Game Pass ultimate where they combine Game Pass with Xbox Live Gold.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
No, i was referring to PS Now not Now TV. I was agreeing with @esmufc07 that Sony should combine PS Now and PS Plus into one package, like Xbox does with Game Pass ultimate where they combine Game Pass with Xbox Live Gold.
Ahhh. Damn. Although also glad I’ve not been stupidly missing out on it.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
They'd have to improve their back end do do that. And they haven't.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Why? It's just changing how they price two already existing services.... And I agree they should do it.
PSN has a stupid problem.

There are three ways to buy a game (now 4).

PS Plus
PS Store normally
PS Now

If you have a game on PS Plus and want to buy it on PS Store normally, you have the message *sony* support and ask them to remove the game from your PS Plus so you can buy it. You might want to do this if a game was 50p in a sale and you wanted to let your PS Plus lapse.

Annoying but not a big deal.

But also, if you own a game on PS Plus and then play it on PS Now, it automatically removes it from you PS Plus!

Last edited:

Bojan11

Faster in terms of load times sure but Xbox has a better graphics card and processor so performance wise just like the X being faster than the pro they should still have an advantage. Xbox are also using an ssd than looks crazy fast on the latest preview, they were switching between 5 games in just a few seconds.
Digital foundry shutting the rabid Sony fanboys on resetera.

The SSD will only make a difference on the first party Sony games. I don’t think there will be a big difference in third party games.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
We've got a thread for direct comparisons between the two consoles. Just saying before this - and the Xbox Series X thread - turns into what the PS4/Xbox One threads did before the thread titles were changed.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
PSN has a stupid problem.

There are three ways to buy a game (now 4).

PS Plus
PS Store normally
PS Now

If you have a game on PS Plus and want to buy it on PS Store normally, you have the message don't support and ask them to remove the game from your PS Plus so you can buy it. You might want to do this if a game was 50p in a sale and you wanted to let your PS Plus lapse.

Annoying but not a big deal.

But also, if you own a game on PS Plus and then play it on PS Now, it automatically removes it from you PS Plus!
Is it? Bloody hell... Thanks for the heads up.

Castia

Wow. Not sure about the colour but fair play to them for changing it up.

Really futuristic looking,I’m surprised it’s such a dramatic shift away from the DS4. Can’t tell if I like it or not.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Pretty neat, that. Looks like it'll fit in the hands more like the (better) xbox controller while still looking identifiably like a Playstation pad.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Not a patch on the boomerang, and the left joystick is still in the wrong position but it’ll do I suppose.

Skills

Snitch
That basically looks like an Xbox controller with the left-stick in the center.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Built in mic, looks great, thought they could have made more use of the touch pad area though.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
So this still doesnt have extra buttons?

Think I'm having to go in to PC gaming.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Not sure if I like it or not. Wonder if it comes in other colours?

It’s just on the right side of futuristic for me. Didn’t go too silly.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Have seen a black one floating around as well.