Gaming PlayStation 5

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
That is very disappointing with GoW considering what they managed to do with the single shot on PS4. Feels like the PS5's SSD would've been perfect for improving on that.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Good job they believe in Generations

God of War looks immense on PS5 already so I'm sure like Horizon ZD it'll still look great. Would have been nice if they'd had chance to push things though.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
The UI is really annoying me at the minute. Most times when I come out of rest mode the controller is ‘stuck’ on the Home Screen. I can press x to go into my game and then everything works fine, but when I’m back on the Home Screen none of the directional buttons work and I’m forced to restart the console. Worst it’s been since I got it.

Alock1

The UI is really annoying me at the minute. Most times when I come out of rest mode the controller is ‘stuck’ on the Home Screen. I can press x to go into my game and then everything works fine, but when I’m back on the Home Screen none of the directional buttons work and I’m forced to restart the console. Worst it’s been since I got it.
That sounds weird. Are you sure you're not using your Xbox controller by mistake?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Haha

Alock1

Those PS5 exclusives drying up with talk of believing in 'generations' clearly being total bollocks

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Grab Turismo 7 will be cross gen too.

Disappointing.
It's a track racer though, I doubt the PS5 version will be compromised by this. Personally cant wait :drool: VR and wheel setup.

Those PS5 exclusives drying up with talk of believing in 'generations' clearly being total bollocks
Even if they pivot to "PlayStation exclusive" you'd still have very few recent XBox exclusives to throw back at what Sony have put out recently.

Last edited:

Irwin99

I'm actually playing a PS2 game on my PS5 because there's not much going on with the releases :lol:

Tempted to get Ratchet and Clank though when it comes out.

Bebe

That God of war/gt7 news is a real downer. It could be into 2023 before we see the console's actual potential.

passing-wind

That God of war/gt7 news is a real downer. It could be into 2023 before we see the console's actual potential.
It's a total joke so far both Sony and Microsoft have cashed in on building hype with no real deliverance in terms of satisfaction of the actual product. Neither console is offering the capabilities to do anything at the consoles capacity.

I know it's only a year or so into release but it's staggering how far behind developers are when it was well anticipated when the next gens would be released.

Bebe

It's a total joke so far both Sony and Microsoft have cashed in on building hype with no real deliverance in terms of satisfaction of the actual product. Neither console is offering the capabilities to do anything at the consoles capacity.

I know it's only a year or so into release but it's staggering how far behind developers are when it was well anticipated when the next gens would be released.
In fairness, I imagine covid has wreaked havoc on whatever they did have planned.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Think I'll keep my PS4 for a while longer, nothing really sticking out to make the effort to get a PS5 yet.

Massive Spanner

Returnal and R&C say otherwise.

But yes, it is a bit crappy, yet expected, that their biggest games won't be exclusives.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Astro's Playroom
Demon's Souls Remake
Destruction AllStars (meh)
Returnal
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart (coming soon)

Looks like five more so far than XGS. Disappointing that GT7 and GoW:R won't be, but HFW looks great. Means we'll still be seeing some corridor loading like the world tree in GoW but given how long GoW:R has been in development, it would have likely had all that anyway.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Ooof I feel bad for you guys hearing this news. I imagine you're all sitting there looking at your £450 machines just chomping at the bit to play some next-gen games. Now you hear it might be next year when they finally arrive. Total bummer!

The main thing is not to worry. Those next-gen games will come eventually and I'm sure they'll be an absolute blast, showing off the true capabilities of the console, 283 frames at a time.

Until then you're always welcome to join us over in the Xbox Series S/X Thread :)

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Does anybody really care about exclusives anyway? as long as I can play it i'm happy.

Tiber

Of course Sony are going to continue to publish first party games on both PS4 and PS5.

115 million people have a ps4. They are not going to turn their back on that anytime soon.

Massive Spanner

Ooof I feel bad for you guys hearing this news. I imagine you're all sitting there looking at your £450 machines just chomping at the bit to play some next-gen games. Now you hear it might be next year when they finally arrive. Total bummer!

The main thing is not to worry. Those next-gen games will come eventually and I'm sure they'll be an absolute blast, showing off the true capabilities of the console, 283 frames at a time.

Until then you're always welcome to join us over in the Xbox Series S/X Thread :)
Thanks mate, I'll join you over there in 2025 when there are some new games out.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

I don't understand when I come in this thread and people are being (however jokingly) smug about a console that they don't have anything to do with? Why do people care which corporation does well? Just a bit weird.

Massive Spanner

I don't understand when I come in this thread and people are being (however jokingly) smug about a console that they don't have anything to do with? Why do people care which corporation does well? Just a bit weird.
I think most people are taking the piss and having a laugh in fairness.

but yeah some people are weird, much like the Apple thread where people go mad when you criticise them as a company. The richest company in the world with an awful human rights and environmental record yet people treat them as gods, it's truly bizarre.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I think most people are taking the piss and having a laugh in fairness.

but yeah some people are weird, much like the Apple thread where people go mad when you criticise them as a company. The richest company in the world with an awful human rights and environmental record yet people treat them as gods, it's truly bizarre.
Reminds me of all the nerds defending Elon Musk on twitter.

fellwin

Astro's Playroom
Demon's Souls Remake
Destruction AllStars (meh)
Returnal
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart (coming soon)

Looks like five more so far than XGS. Disappointing that GT7 and GoW:R won't be, but HFW looks great. Means we'll still be seeing some corridor loading like the world tree in GoW but given how long GoW:R has been in development, it would have likely had all that anyway.

Widow

Think I'll keep my PS4 for a while longer, nothing really sticking out to make the effort to get a PS5 yet.
I managed to grab a PS5 recently, first PS I've owned for a few years so I never got to play GOW, HZD and a few others. GOW looks amazing on PS5, well worth the purchase alone!

Dave_MUFC

Same. I don't get why people really want their console to have exclusives.

I don't find enough time to play to invest into both consoles, so the more cross-platform AAA game releases, the better, for me.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
I managed to grab a PS5 recently, first PS I've owned for a few years so I never got to play GOW, HZD and a few others. GOW looks amazing on PS5, well worth the purchase alone!
For sure, but I've already played those games and no real appetite to complete them again right now with the backlog I have.

Fully Fledged

It's all down to the semiconductor shortage. Nobody can make enough consoles at the moment to keep up with demand. Publishers aren't going to write off 200m customers to produce games exclusively for consoles that nobody can buy.

Fully Fledged

I don't find enough time to play to invest into both consoles, so the more cross-platform AAA game releases, the better, for me.
I totally agree. If every game could release on every platform then you would be able to pick which platform you buy on what suits your games style and pocket.

Bosws87

It makes no sense in that logic but the competition is needed or we wouldn't have half of the games or the progress in the industry that we have.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
I'll say this again.... the quality of life improvements of owning a PS5 versus my PS4 make the day one purchase worth it to me.

60fps and much faster loading times all make the gaming experience way better. I play Destiny 2 a lot, and the difference on this game alone would be worth it for me. I can finally have a 105 FOV with my 60 frames and be loaded into the game in less than 60 seconds from clicking on the game.

Add in the enhanced patches for games like Ghost of Tsushima, Days Gone, No man's Sky, God of War etc and again, well worth it for me.