Gaming PlayStation 5

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I'll say this again.... the quality of life improvements of owning a PS5 versus my PS4 make the day one purchase worth it to me.

60fps and much faster loading times all make the gaming experience way better. I play Destiny 2 a lot, and the difference on this game alone would be worth it for me. I can finally have a 105 FOV with my 60 frames and be loaded into the game in less than 60 seconds from clicking on the game.

Add in the enhanced patches for games like Ghost of Tsushima, Days Gone, No man's Sky, God of War etc and again, well worth it for me.
Completely agree. If you are anything other than a really casual gamer then you’ll get your money’s worth straight away.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Same. I don't get why people really want their console to have exclusives.

I don't find enough time to play to invest into both consoles, so the more cross-platform AAA game releases, the better, for me.
I don't want exclusives, hell no. But if that's the only way we get games like GoW and Horizon (Previously Halo & TLOU etc) then I guess it is what it is.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
I'll say this again.... the quality of life improvements of owning a PS5 versus my PS4 make the day one purchase worth it to me.

60fps and much faster loading times all make the gaming experience way better. I play Destiny 2 a lot, and the difference on this game alone would be worth it for me. I can finally have a 105 FOV with my 60 frames and be loaded into the game in less than 60 seconds from clicking on the game.

Add in the enhanced patches for games like Ghost of Tsushima, Days Gone, No man's Sky, God of War etc and again, well worth it for me.
Absolutely, it's miles better. Even if it was mandated that all games forever were still available on PS4/XB1 I'd happily have a PS5/XSX.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I've had to go back to PS4 because my PS5 is currently a brick and the difference is really galling. It seems awful.

Leg-End

I've had to go back to WeasteDevil because esmufc07 is currently a brick and the difference is really galling. It seems awful.

Irwin99

What other old PS games have people seen an improvement on using their PS5s?

I played Shadow of the Colossus and it seemed quite a bit smoother, and CyberPunk ran a lot better on the PS5. I've not noticed any difference with other older games like FF15 and P5 though.

Bebe

I'm in the exact same boat. Haven't regretted the purchase for a single minute and all I've been playing are ps4-gen games and the Mass Effect collection.

Widow

Totally agree!

I too play Destiny (for my sins) and the improvement is a massive

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Wait people are upset about a game being on both PS5 and PS4 now? :lol: I thought the exclusivity thing was only something people cared about when it came to rival consoles

Bebe

Wait people are upset about a game being on both PS5 and PS4 now? :lol: I thought the exclusivity thing was only something people cared about when it came to rival consoles
It's not about exclusivity, it's disappointment that a) development resources that could go to improving the ps5 version will be used optimizing for ps4, and b) that the game design itself will have to accommodate older hardware (presumably holding the ps5 version back).

I'm not upset about it in any significant way, but I'd rather things be different certainly.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I picked up The Last of Us Part 2 yesterday for £15. Seems a good time to smash through it now it's had the PS5 upgrade and just before R & C gets released.

MDFC Manager

You didnt play it on ps4 before?
Nope, never had a PS4, even this PS5 belongs to my brother.

Had played a bit of it on PS3 though.

Also enjoying Crash Bandicoot, reliving the PS1/PS2 days :D Reflexes are shit these days though

Fully Fledged

Are you kidding they are annoyed that other PS5 owners are able to get their games. They are like 5 year old's who get a new toy and don't want anybody else being able to play with it.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Are you kidding they are annoyed that other PS5 owners are able to get their games. They are like 5 year old's who get a new toy and don't want anybody else being able to play with it.
Seriously. They're still PS exclusives and will look brilliant on the new hardware either way.

You’re about to go on an emotional journey. Enjoy.
Considered it. Went for Sekiro instead. TLOU2 after Days Gone would have felt too samey.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It's not about exclusivity, it's disappointment that a) development resources that could go to improving the ps5 version will be used optimizing for ps4, and b) that the game design itself will have to accommodate older hardware (presumably holding the ps5 version back).

I'm not upset about it in any significant way, but I'd rather things be different certainly.
It's a fair concern, but realistically with the lack of PS5's in the open it was always going to happen.

I'm sure though the games will play great, we've seen already how they're possible to upscale versions to PS5 and give them significant improvements over the PS4 versions.

It'll probably be a few years before we get "true" next gen games though.

Fully Fledged

Seriously. They're still PS exclusives and will look brilliant on the new hardware either way.
There have been many people out there who backed themselves into a corner with laughing at Xbox fans because their games were being held back by the Xbone who have had to either double back or double down on their opinion.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
There have been many people out there who backed themselves into a corner with laughing at Xbox fans because their games were being held back by the Xbone who have had to either double back or double down on their opinion.
Daddy Xbox is very happy with you now. Report back to HQ.

Fully Fledged

Daddy Xbox is very happy with you now. Report back to HQ.
I'm a pc gamer just dropping shade on the people who get too emotionally attached to one product over the other. I have owned both Xboxes and Play Stations in the past. I just find the obsession funny.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Same. I don't get why people really want their console to have exclusives.

I don't find enough time to play to invest into both consoles, so the more cross-platform AAA game releases, the better, for me.
The exclusives in general have a bigger focus on quality, because it is more about getting people into the system.

Other games may have to reduce their scope and attention to detail because they have a lesser budget and their focus is largely about making money from that games sales.

Now if the games would be just as good without being exclusives, then exclusivity would be terrible and every consumer should be against it, but unfortunately they are a big part of differentiating between the systems.