Gaming PlayStation 5

James_42

Stayed up last night trying to get one from Argos, thought I had one and tried to order it and then it disappeared from the basket and it went back to being unavailable.

I hope I don't have to wait much longer.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Stayed up last night trying to get one from Argos, thought I had one and tried to order it and then it disappeared from the basket and it went back to being unavailable.

Sony have already said there’ll be supply issues well into 2022.

Yik

I had three weeks of this back in Feb. Was starting to effect my job tbh:lol: I'd be on a call and have loads of tabs opened up. Only thing to do is get the Hotstock App, get the premium subscription (its rubbish otherwise) and wait for a few weeks. Not ideal that Argos do their stock runs at ungodly hours too.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
When good levels of supplies eventually become available I want a second PS5. I'll get a digital one for my office upstairs and move the disk one downstairs. I've probably used the drive 3 times since launch and that was to be able to try out No Man's Sky PS5 version for a couple of days.

I'll refrain from trying to get one just yet though as I wouldn't want to deprive someone of getting their first one

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
At this point you are just depriving a scalper of making money.
Such a shame :D

I managed to get 2 PS5s at launch myself due to having a backup order that also went through, but I sold the second one, unopened, to a friend of mine for exactly what I paid for it. The idea of profiteering from that situaiton at the expense of another fills me with revulsion.

I have a work colleague whose 13 year old son has saved the money up to buy a PS5 but still hasn't been able to get hold of one despite trying since launch. I'd love to be able to help him get one too as she's not the type to be up on how to use technology to help her get alerts etc.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling

Sony's First Party has 25 titles in development for PS5, almost half of which are new IPs

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Will dip in again when the battery life is improved its absolutely shocking on any game that uses the dualsense to the maximum get maybe 4-6 hours from full charge.
Is 4-6 hours not a perfectly healthy time to have a break?

Bosws87

Yes the poor charging capacity is on purpose as Sony are now looking out for my health. :lol:

You don't need to resort to silly arguments, i've always had a playstation its just one of the few poor things with the console currently..

Irwin99

Do any of the current PS5 releases make use of this haptic feedback malarky? I'm not noticing any difference between the pads so far.

Cyberpunk is playing a lot better on the PS5. Still not perfect but it looks prettier and feels smoother.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I'm only going to get one controller when I buy so I guess red will have to miss out. Looks a class look for a 2nd controller though

Bosws87

Do any of the current PS5 releases make use of this haptic feedback malarky? I'm not noticing any difference between the pads so far.

Cyberpunk is playing a lot better on the PS5. Still not perfect but it looks prettier and feels smoother.
Astro and Returnal properly the rest half arsed.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Hope the people complaining about controller battery aren't the same ones complaining about not having enough time for Returnal.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
They look great but I already have two and as I like my console and controllers to be the same colour it'd really feck with my OCD.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
The red one doesn't look great. The black one is nice looking, but neither of them are as nice as the original, to be honest.

RedDevilRoshi

Both controllers look really smart, particularly the black version but I’ve already got two white ones so guess I just need to make do with what I already have.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Do. Not. Need. Must. Not. Buy.
Controller I got is dodgy as feck - right bumper is a bit loose and so I'll get the black one.

UI is growing on me.. slowly.