Gaming PlayStation 5

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Do you still play Destiny? I was a player from the BETA until recently...that game isn't what it was but hard to get away from
Nah dropped it years ago, like you say, it's a time sink. I tend to avoid anything like that nowadays... but it they ever release a VR patch for Elder Scrolls online I am fecked.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
I downloaded Horizon Zero Dawn when it was free awhile ago and the hunting ground where you have to tie down one of the bird machines and do a critical hit is killing me. Last thing I need to get the platinum, watched a bunch of videos but no success.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I downloaded Horizon Zero Dawn when it was free awhile ago and the hunting ground where you have to tie down one of the bird machines and do a critical hit is killing me. Last thing I need to get the platinum, watched a bunch of videos but no success.
Did you try changing to Story mode/lowest difficulty? What's your problem with it?

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Did you try changing to Story mode/lowest difficulty? What's your problem with it?
Yeah I'm trying with the lowest difficulty, the problem is that most of the times the R1 sign doesn't appear and I end up walking around the bird waiting for it like an idiot.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Yeah I'm trying with the lowest difficulty, the problem is that most of the times the R1 sign doesn't appear and I end up walking around the bird waiting for it like an idiot.
That happened a few times for me as well but the problem for me was I hadn't used enough ropes to tie it down.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Damien gave some sound advice, but I'd also change strategies to see which suits you, a different route or a different approach can make a lot of difference in this game. Which makes it brilliant imo

afrocentricity

I'm currently playing Death Stranding and enjoying it. Who would have thought huh?

b82REZ

Yeah I really need to get back to it at some point. Though my dumbarse will likely start again :nervous:
Same here. The longer I leave it the more I'm holding out for a PS5 upgrade.

I can only imagine what Kojima would do with the DualSense.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.

When I play again, it'll be on PC for that upgrade as I don't see a PS5 specific one any time soon sadly.

Great game. @esmufc07 is a big fan too.
Yeah, that's some endorsement :lol:

b82REZ

I doubt there'll be one. They seem to have moved on to two new projects
I know it's unlikely, but a man can dream.

I've no doubt Kojima had access to PS5 dev kits throughout development though so there is hope, no matter how slim.

afrocentricity

Even without a patch the game looks gorgeous enough, but a PS5 patch would be great. It's such a weird gameplay loop but I'm feeling it... Well done Kojima.

Irwin99

Even without a patch the game looks gorgeous enough, but a PS5 patch would be great. It's such a weird gameplay loop but I'm feeling it... Well done Kojima.
I remember getting it, loading up and sighing to myself thinking 'this will probably be such a mess' but it ended up easily being one of my best game experiences on the PS4. It has some issues but there's something ridiculously addictive and satisfying in planning a route and getting those S ranks. Although I didn't play it at that time it's kind of the perfect lockdown game in some ways.

Have heard there will be some DLC and a ps5 patch. Pretty sure Norman Reedus said recently he was working with Kojima on something.

afrocentricity

I remember getting it, loading up and sighing to myself thinking 'this will probably be such a mess' but it ended up easily being one of my best game experiences on the PS4. It has some issues but there's something ridiculously addictive and satisfying in planning a route and getting those S ranks. Although I didn't play it at that time it's kind of the perfect lockdown game in some ways.

Have heard there will be some DLC and a ps5 patch. Pretty sure Norman Reedus said recently he was working with Kojima on something.
Great news!

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I'll definitely pick up Death Stranding if they release a PS5 patch for it. Never got around to it on release, but I like how weird it looks. It's pretty cheap now, as well.

afrocentricity

Yeah I got it at launch, gave it 20-30 mins and then shelved it. Just by chance I saw the disc and thought why not? Slow burn at the beginning but it's getting going now. On my way to South Knot I think.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I thought the whole idea of traversal being an experience in itself was fantastic. It was like what people said made Journey brilliant I.e the journey but actually didn't becuase Journey was a bit crap, but this game nails it - every step feels important and meaningful in DS. That combined with the world building Kojima has done makes it a unique experience

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I'll definitely pick up Death Stranding if they release a PS5 patch for it. Never got around to it on release, but I like how weird it looks. It's pretty cheap now, as well.
Thats where I stand with it. Patch it you cowards.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Hey, don't dis Journey. Loved that game. :D
DS is great , though a bit boring once you've completed the main story.

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys

I still remember that psycho mantis moment very fondly.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
I thought the whole idea of traversal being an experience in itself was fantastic. It was like what people said made Journey brilliant I.e the journey but actually didn't becuase Journey was a bit crap, but this game nails it - every step feels important and meaningful in DS. That combined with the world building Kojima has done makes it a unique experience
Agree but Journey on release felt very interesting. It was one of those ah so not every game has to be like that games. The non-spoken multiplayer aspect was novel and the only other game which took a similar approach was Bientot L'ete.

Then probably less than three years after release it felt old because indie developers everywhere were releasing lots of those quaint, minimal experiences. Journey was no doubt a big influence but it was no longer as interesting.

Irwin99

FF7 remake (Yuffie DLC) and Ratchet and Clank reviews should be dropping in the next few days. Finally some exclusives to play on this machine :drool:

fellwin

Anyone playing Remnant? Seems like a fun game but better when you are two or three. Im fairly new to the game so if anyone has just started or want to try it, I would be keen to team up

b82REZ

I'm supposed to get a free copy of R&C but feel like a dick mithering my mate about it. Hopefully he remembers.

b82REZ

I'm getting mine free in return for some *ahem* favours.

I'm guessing, you have the same deal but need to reiterate that...
Haha.

I used to work for Sky many moons a go and provided friends with free Sky.

My friend always says he's paying me back for that. He basically gives me the games he isn't interested in.