Gaming PlayStation 5

Smores

Less than 30 seconds in and it's already annoying, talking about encyclopedias and fondant? Wtf?

Edit: christ, she is a miserable cnut, going on like putting a stand on is massively difficult , and on about carrying consoles about :lol:
Yeah that made me laugh. Putting a stand on really ruins the experience :lol:

I quite like the aesthetic look of it but man is it huge. Thankfully it'll fit behind my TV so not really an issue.

Smores

The controller is clearly capable of enhancing the experience but i do wonder how many games will even make full use of it. Astros playroom is basically built as a showcase.

It'll be interesting to see.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Yeah that made me laugh. Putting a stand on really ruins the experience :lol:

I quite like the aesthetic look of it but man is it huge. Thankfully it'll fit behind my TV so not really an issue.
Yeah, I'm lucky aswell, it fits with the current room theme anyway, won't fit in TV cabinet though but I have Google home at one side of the TV so the PS5 can go the other side. Behind the TV is also another good option. It's where both consoles may end up cos the new xbox won't fit in the cabinet either :lol:

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
The controller is clearly capable of enhancing the experience but i do wonder how many games will even make full use of it. Astros playroom is basically built as a showcase.

Good thing is the majority of the launch games (both first and third party) have said they'll be supporting dualsense features. If they're easy enough to implement - and it sounds like there is a preset library of haptic feedback and trigger effects which streamlines the process - I can see games continue to support it a few years in.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Excited by the positive feedback on the controller. Sounds like it’s more than just a gimmick (which SixAxis was) so hopefully a lot of the games take advantage of it.

The console is huge! I can’t wait to get the black faceplate, so it doesn’t stick out more than it needs to next to everything else.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Which video i should watch? Cnet was quite boring. Just took it out and rambled on.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Yeah, everyone absolutely raving about the controller. Quite excited now, didn't think it was a big deal originally but seems so.

If it gets a lot of attention and praise early in, developers will definitely be pushing its use later down the line too. Only good things coming from the early impressions is great news for longetivity.

pratyush_utd

Good thing is the majority of the launch games (both first and third party) have said they'll be supporting dualsense features. If they're easy enough to implement - and it sounds like there is a preset library of haptic feedback and trigger effects which streamlines the process - I can see games continue to support it a few years in.
Was surprised how quickly all games have said they support it. Didnt know some feature Xbox controller already had it from last gen and rarely any game used it.

hubbuh

That is ridiculously big :lol: It's also ugly as feck but I like the idea of changeable plates.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat

You'd certainly expect the large AAA titles to. COD, Gran Turismo etc. Exciting stuff. Can't wait to try it.

Shark

@NotShark
So basically PS4 Pro support. Better than nothing suppose but I'd love to play this again in 4K.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
So basically PS4 Pro support. Better than nothing suppose but I'd love to play this again in 4K.
Hmm what do you mean? They've said there it will have 60fps and the PS4 pro was "4k" so technically it will be 4k 60fps on the PS5.

T_Model101

Let's be honest, the Switch joycons have haptic feedback and outside of 1,2 Switch, which games have really made the most of them?

Shark

@NotShark
Less than 30 seconds in and it's already annoying, talking about encyclopedias and fondant? Wtf?

Edit: christ, she is a miserable cnut, going on like putting a stand on is massively difficult , and on about carrying consoles about :lol:
She really is. I mean once you find a spot for it that's essentially it. Screwing in a stand really isn't hard work :lol:

pratyush_utd

Hmm what do you mean? They've said there it will have 60fps and the PS4 pro was "4k" so technically it will be 4k 60fps on the PS5.
No performance mode was 1080p as far as i remember. They haven't mentioned any change in resolution.

Bojan11

Nope. It says in the tweet it will be 60fps in the favour performance mode. Which wasn’t 4k and they don’t mention anything about that because they waiting to charge you for it. Isn’t that right @esmufc07?

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
The controller shit will be dropped by everyone but first party, soon enough. This always happens.

JmRssll555

You'd certainly expect the large AAA titles to. COD, Gran Turismo etc. Exciting stuff. Can't wait to try it.
Given the positive first impressions, it'll be cool just to see it used in subtle ways, like in FIFA if holding R2 to sprint requires more force when a player is tired late in a match.

Tiber

For a tech demo built into the system, Astro's playroom looks great