Gaming PlayStation 5

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
I only knew that Judge played Kratos when going into this, and had no idea who any of the other actors were going to be. When Baldur showed up it took me about five seconds to think "is this Jeremy Davies from Lost?". That's how brilliant the mo-cap and performances are in that game.
That is impressive given you'd never have guessed that from a still image of the character.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
That is impressive given you'd never have guessed that from a still image of the character.
I'd just finished watching Lost again for the third or fourth time, and the motion capture stuff is really decent, so the mannerisms just seemed so similar that I immediately thought of Faraday.

Irwin99

Are there any games people are looking forward to leading up to the Christmas period? There's just one for me-House of Ashes- on October 23rd and then nothing else in terms of new releases until Eiden Ring in the New Year :(:(:(:(

Next year should be a much better year for games (I hope)

b82REZ

I know it's going to be mainly Boners that end up playing it, but I'm fecking loving Back4Blood. I even used crossplay.

It may be a bit of a DLC sink eventually but the basis is there for an excellent coop, PvE shooter.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I know it's going to be mainly Boners that end up playing it, but I'm fecking loving Back4Blood. I even used crossplay.

It may be a bit of a DLC sink eventually but the basis is there for an excellent coop, PvE shooter.
Played the open beta and played it last night with a few pals and it's great.

There is a weirdly massive difficulty gap between Rookie and Veteran, though. Feels like there should be an inbetween.

b82REZ

Played the open beta and played it last night with a few pals and it's great.

There is a weirdly massive difficulty gap between Rookie and Veteran, though. Feels like there should be an inbetween.
SkillUp, is that you?

I must be shit because we were finding the set piece moments fairly tricky on recruit, but I've seen a few people say veteran is ridiculous. Can only imagine how hard nightmare will be.

The card system is really well implemented and should add plenty of replayability.

Bosws87

If its anything like Left4Dead was the only way to enjoy that game was to play co-op on the highest difficulty it genuinely made it one of the best co-op shooters made which required a great level of teamwork.

b82REZ

If its anything like Left4Dead was the only way to enjoy that game was to play co-op on the highest difficulty it genuinely made it one of the best co-op shooters made which required a great level of teamwork.
For me it definitely has the potential.

I've not played much, still on the first act so my opinion may change. But it feels like a spiritual successor to L4D.

Reviews have said that the difficulty spike on higher difficulties is too much, so it may get patched. For me Recruit felt about right, but I'm bad at shooters in general.

RedDevilRoshi

Are there any games people are looking forward to leading up to the Christmas period? There's just one for me-House of Ashes- on October 23rd and then nothing else in terms of new releases until Eiden Ring in the New Year :(:(:(:(

Next year should be a much better year for games (I hope)
Nothing really just now. Got a fair bit of a backlog to catch up on so that will keep me occupied. Will pick up both COD: Vanguard & Battlefield: 2042 but that’s just about it tbh. Not much else that is due for release this winter really interests me as a sort of “must buy”. Next year is going to be a good year though with HFW & hopefully GOW: Ragnarock coming out.

red4ever 79

Nothing really just now. Got a fair bit of a backlog to catch up on so that will keep me occupied. Will pick up both COD: Vanguard & Battlefield: 2042 but that’s just about it tbh. Not much else that is due for release this winter really interests me as a sort of “must buy”. Next year is going to be a good year though with HFW & hopefully GOW: Ragnarock coming out.
Hogwarts will be the big Christmas release surely.
Feck just seen its delayed until 2022. B*llocks, there goes the xmas present for the kids

RedDevilRoshi

Hogwarts will be the big Christmas release surely.
Feck just seen its delayed until 2022. B*llocks, there goes the xmas present for the kids
I’d like to see more of that before considering whether to buy it or not. It does look good on the trailer that I saw last year during one of Sony’s online showcase events but haven’t seen anything since then or even heard any news about it. Was hoping that they’d have shown at least more footage by now.

red4ever 79

I’d like to see more of that before considering whether to buy it or not. It does look good on the trailer that I saw last year during one of Sony’s online showcase events but haven’t seen anything since then or even heard any news about it. Was hoping that they’d have shown at least more footage by now.
Got my Ps5 a few weeks ago. Ready to invest in a few games now but struggling to choose
Hitman 3 nailed on
Ratchet & Clank nailed on
Then can't decide between Fifa 22, ot Miles Morales.
I like Fifa but the game is the same year on year. Any advice which other game is worth investing in

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Got my Ps5 a few weeks ago. Ready to invest in a few games now but struggling to choose
Hitman 3 nailed on
I like Fifa but the game is the same year on year. Any advice which other game is worth investing in
Well I would definitely say Miles Morales over Fifa, but that's because I'm prejudiced against Fifa (and Miles Morales is really good)

Depends on if you like a good challenge when it comes to gaming. If so, then Demon's Souls Remastered and Returnal are PS5 exclusives that will give you a good test.

AaronRedDevil

Cleared Lost Judgment, first one was better. This is ok but my god it’s tedious for the first 8 hours. Ended up just skipping everything just to finish the game. Guardians of the Galaxy next. Can’t wait for that one, looks really good.

Last edited:

Bosws87

Demon Souls
Returnal

Are must haves imo if you aren't someone who only plays certain genres.

RedDevilRoshi

Hitman 3 nailed on
Miles Morales although very short story wise but a game you can definitely have a lot of fun with. There’s a couple of excellent games on the PS + collection like GOW, TLOU, Uncharted 4 that are free to download.

As 1-2 others have said, try Demon’s Souls or Returnal if you are up for a challenge. Two very good games but definitely requires a lot of patience and concentration.

muller

Got my ps5 this week. Put about 10 hours so far in.. but some opening thoughts.

beautiful console and games look lovely.

astro is amazing

FIFA is godawful. Gameplay is just as before, menus still awful, create a club is near impossible with the terrible scouting and player options.

F12021 is amazing. Just superb.

1 hour of Rachel and clank - seems good.
Thinking of starting destiny 2. Is it impossible for new players to get into? Heard worrying things and if you have a million things to remember and I’ll be shit for 3 months I just don’t have the patience.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Hitman 3 nailed on
Returnal is a rogue lite if you’ve played them before, but I genuinely think it’s the best game I’ve played on PS5 so far. Just a great game throughout, though be prepared to die. A lot.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Returnal is a rogue lite if you’ve played them before, but I genuinely think it’s the best game I’ve played on PS5 so far. Just a great game throughout, though be prepared to die. A lot.
I bought it 6 months ago and have only played about 3 hours so far.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
To be fair I sat on Demons Souls for 4/5 months before I really got into it and rinsed through it and it’s a similar format.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Love the Returnal recommendations, excellent game. Don't listen to Solius he has no soul...

Meller

Also struggling to know which/what games to get. Been playing Disco Elysium a bit but I don't love it even though it's alright. Still struggling with RDR2.

No interest in Demon Souls. Never heard of Returnal.

Also won't buy FIFA as it's the same on PS4 which is just pathetic. I'll probably just end up buying NBA2K for the 8th year in a row but I was hoping for more really. Bit of a waste to try so hard to get a PS5 to be honest.

Bosws87

Also struggling to know which/what games to get. Been playing Disco Elysium a bit but I don't love it even though it's alright. Still struggling with RDR2.

No interest in Demon Souls. Never heard of Returnal.

Also won't buy FIFA as it's the same on PS4 which is just pathetic. I'll probably just end up buying NBA2K for the 8th year in a row but I was hoping for more really. Bit of a waste to try so hard to get a PS5 to be honest.
Sure is when you have zero interest in the best game and have written off the other cos you have never heard of it. :lol:

Meller

Sure is when you have zero interest in the best game and have written off the other cos you have never heard of it. :lol:
Watched some YouTube videos of both now and meh. Not too interested in either. Console has been out for a year and those are the best games? Sure I understand that Demon Souls is supposed to be good but it's just not my type of game. Returnal looks alright but not too intrigued after reading about it either.

I stand by my previous statement.

b82REZ

The console has been out for a year now. How can people buy one then complain there's nothing they want to play? Surely in the 12 months it's taken to find one you could have done a bit of research and checked if it was worth buying one now rather than waiting for when there were titles you'd want to play. Seems like a bit of FOMO followed by buyers remorse.

It's the exact reason I haven't bought a Series X yet.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Watched some YouTube videos of both now and meh. Not too interested in either. Console has been out for a year and those are the best games? Sure I understand that Demon Souls is supposed to be good but it's just not my type of game. Returnal looks alright but not too intrigued after reading about it either.

Ratchet and Miles Morales (and Spidey remastered if you haven't played it) are both fantastic games for the first year of a console's lifecycle.

The PS5 already has way more really good games than the PS4 and PS3 did on launch, not sure why people are complaining.

Bosws87

Haha in all honesty unless you have a solid multiplayer game to get stuck into the whole games market is a bit slow currently just due to the amount of time it takes to develop games to the standard we expect.

My gaming consists of 99.9% Apex legends and nothing else if i didn't have that i'd be scouring steam for old games i may have missed.

Meller

Ratchet and Miles Morales (and Spidey remastered if you haven't played it) are both fantastic games for the first year of a console's lifecycle.

The PS5 already has way more really good games than the PS4 and PS3 did on launch, not sure why people are complaining.
It's more the fact that I tried really hard to get one and now I don't know what to do with it. I want to be amazed!
Haha in all honesty unless you have a solid multiplayer game to get stuck into the whole games market is a bit slow currently just due to the amount of time it takes to develop games to the standard we expect.

My gaming consists of 99.9% Apex legends and nothing else if i didn't have that i'd be scouring steam for old games i may have missed.
Yeah I kind of want to play old games as well but feels like a waste after spending all that money for a PS5. Oh well.