Gaming PlayStation 5

Smores

Not official yet it seems but happy with Days Gone, if true. I've heard it's quite good and better than the reception suggested.
I finished it yesterday, really good game. I played it on hard and seemed to be the right balance, anything lower would be too easy.

I'd say i rank it above MGSV and Far Cry iterations.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Has anyone played Mad max? It didn't review particularly well but has a bit of a cult following now.
It was free on PS plus ages ago and I added it to my library. Just afew days before PS5 launched I gave it go, played about 4-6 hours and I was enjoying it, but once I started doing PS5 stuff I didn't go back to it.

It's got all the usual open world stuff, leveling up, areas to clear by taking down the strongholds, secrets / collectibles to find etc and fight mechanics a little like the Batman games, along with vehicle combat.

If you can get it cheap then I think you've little to lose. I just spent £20 on Chaosbane as I was in the mood for a Diablo type experience - let's just say, I'm a little underwhelmed with it. Pretty bland stuff so far.

Was enjoying subnautica a lot, but it was also really creeping me out and I've reached a point where I feel like I want to stay out of the water, which isn't very productive in terms of finishing the game :lol:

el3mel

Fair to say I'm not getting a PS5 any time soon. Its official price in my country is almost 1000 dollars. :lol: I'll do with PS4 and PC for now, oh well.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Been looking for a racing game to play as I haven't played one for ages. Burnout remastered, Need for Speed Heat and Grid are all on sale at the moment. Has anyone played any of these?

Jerch

Can u add play at home games to library without downloading?
It offers only download option for me but i just want to claim them if i decide to play them later without filling my drive with them in the meantime.

Bosws87

Can u add play at home games to library without downloading?
It offers only download option for me but i just want to claim them if i decide to play them later without filling my drive with them in the meantime.
Download then cancel the download.

decorativeed

I got one yesterday mate, I’d recommend using Amazon smile instead. It’s Amazon but they donate to charity with every purchase, it gets way less website traffic
Good advice, although most of the time I was using the app though, so it all goes through the main website. I'm usually not in front of a computer when they go in stock.

When I am lucky enough to be sat in front of my pc when I get an alert, I'll use smile though.

rotherham_red

Good advice, although most of the time I was using the app though, so it all goes through the main website. I'm usually not in front of a computer when they go in stock.

When I am lucky enough to be sat in front of my pc when I get an alert, I'll use smile though.
Smile is also useable via the app. Though I think you need to activate it on the desktop first

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d

Bebe

It’s alright! I found the story a bit meh but mechanically felt all good.
I'm not too far in (I always spend way too much time faffing about in these open world games) but so far I'm trying to get into the story, it seems alright but I wouldn't say I'm captivated by any means.

I really like how well it captures the mountain landscape. I live close to the same ecosystem and the game does a shockingly good job with sound and lighting to make it feel like those areas. All the fancy HDR and pixels probably don't hurt in that regard either.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
It was free on PS plus ages ago and I added it to my library. Just afew days before PS5 launched I gave it go, played about 4-6 hours and I was enjoying it, but once I started doing PS5 stuff I didn't go back to it.

It's got all the usual open world stuff, leveling up, areas to clear by taking down the strongholds, secrets / collectibles to find etc and fight mechanics a little like the Batman games, along with vehicle combat.

If you can get it cheap then I think you've little to lose. I just spent £20 on Chaosbane as I was in the mood for a Diablo type experience - let's just say, I'm a little underwhelmed with it. Pretty bland stuff so far.

Was enjoying subnautica a lot, but it was also really creeping me out and I've reached a point where I feel like I want to stay out of the water, which isn't very productive in terms of finishing the game :lol:
Ahh damn didn’t realise it had been on PS plus I must have missed that one. Shame, I guess I’ll have to see if it gets on a very cheap sale. Wouldn’t want to spend much on a game like Mad max.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Ahh damn didn’t realise it had been on PS plus I must have missed that one. Shame, I guess I’ll have to see if it gets on a very cheap sale. Wouldn’t want to spend much on a game like Mad max.
Agree. It wasn't bad by any means but rather a competently made game that did many things well. So I did enjoy it for a few hours. But I think it was one of those that nothing stood out about, and there was no genuine excellence to. Plus, of course, alot of your standard open world mechanics you've played a million times before. Was done with it after 5-6 hours.

Last edited:

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I always love the look of these isometric, rpg games but always struggle to get into them. Heard great things about Divinity Original Sin but never really got into it.

How accessible is Disco?
it's incredibly good but probably not for everyone. There is no combat, it's all dialogue. The only person you're fighting is yourself. You basically roll dice against some of your actions at various points and getting it wrong can lower your health. And actions you take determine the way the story progresses. Not sure if that makes it more or less accessible than Divinity though, I guess more? Seeing as turn based combat can be considered a bit niche and this doesn't have it.

I'd strongly suggest looking up some gameplay videos for it. Best I can describe it is like a visual novel mixed with a CRPG.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I always love the look of these isometric, rpg games but always struggle to get into them. Heard great things about Divinity Original Sin but never really got into it.

How accessible is Disco?
I struggle to get into games that are overly complicated and this might look it but I found it quite easy.

It's cerebral in that sometimes two parts of your character fight against each other (like types of thoughts in his brain) but it's all part of what makes it good. When it boils down to it you've got essentially a point and click detective game where you pick options based on the percentage chance they will succeed. You can increase these chances by having good stats, or the right item on you, or the right knowledge, etc...

I've not played a game like it before tbh.

b82REZ

it's incredibly good but probably not for everyone. There is no combat, it's all dialogue. The only person you're fighting is yourself. You basically roll dice against some of your actions at various points and getting it wrong can lower your health. And actions you take determine the way the story progresses. Not sure if that makes it more or less accessible than Divinity though, I guess more? Seeing as turn based combat can be considered a bit niche and this doesn't have it.

I'd strongly suggest looking up some gameplay videos for it. Best I can describe it is like a visual novel mixed with a CRPG.
It's the visual novel aspect that really intrigues me.

I struggle to get into games that are overly complicated and this might look it but I found it quite easy.

It's cerebral in that sometimes two parts of your character fight against each other (like types of thoughts in his brain) but it's all part of what makes it good. When it boils down to it you've got essentially a point and click detective game where you pick options based on the percentage chance they will succeed. You can increase these chances by having good stats, or the right item on you, or the right knowledge, etc...

I've not played a game like it before tbh.
I'm the same with overly complicated games.

This game seems very text heavy and that usually suggests it's going to have complicated systems and wordy tutorials, but with the PS5 version having full voice acting I think that will alleviate a lot of those issues.

Ideally I'll finish Yakuza and then grab this, but with it being on sale I feel like I should grab it now, but I know I'll end up playing it and potentially lose my way in Like a Dragon, which I don't want to do because I'm absolutely loving it.

Massive Spanner

It's the visual novel aspect that really intrigues me.

I'm the same with overly complicated games.

This game seems very text heavy and that usually suggests it's going to have complicated systems and wordy tutorials, but with the PS5 version having full voice acting I think that will alleviate a lot of those issues.

Ideally I'll finish Yakuza and then grab this, but with it being on sale I feel like I should grab it now, but I know I'll end up playing it and potentially lose my way in Like a Dragon, which I don't want to do because I'm absolutely loving it.
I would say it has neither to be honest.

Massive Spanner

Yeah the game does not hold your hand at all.
Yeah I'd say the only thing I didn't really like was the onslaught of quests you get at the start. Made it hard to know what to actually do to progress the story at times. Still it does all come together later on.

Riz

The latest trailer for Returnal

Do like the look of this. Looking forward to seeing more.
If the reviews for this are good I’ll pick it up straight away, some of the gameplay looks really cool but a bit confused about the weird flashback visions stuff with the haunted houses popping up throughout. Think I read something about how the world layout completely changes each time you respawn or something.

b82REZ

If the reviews for this are good I’ll pick it up straight away, some of the gameplay looks really cool but a bit confused about the weird flashback visions stuff with the haunted houses popping up throughout. Think I read something about how the world layout completely changes each time you respawn or something.
It's a rogue-lite, the majority, if not the entirety of the game will be procedurally generated.

Bosws87

It will be excellent, Housemarque are excellent at fast paced arcade games.

Resogun was a classic back in the day.