Gaming PlayStation 5

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I just got another one off GAMElolnotreally

Kaos

How are you all getting in a queue at GAME? All I can see is the PS5 marketing page and a bunch of console bundles with the option to 'preorder' which only leads you to the same marketing page.

LARulz

How are you all getting in a queue at GAME? All I can see is the PS5 marketing page and a bunch of console bundles with the option to 'preorder' which only leads you to the same marketing page.
They sold out over an hour ago

United Hobbit

Has anyone tried the ones BT have?

Still naff all on Currys I know everyone would all log in at the same time trying to get one but would love some times when they're getting them even if they did different time slots and say x amount was assigned to each time slot

LARulz

Has anyone tried the ones BT have?

Still naff all on Currys I know everyone would all log in at the same time trying to get one but would love some times when they're getting them even if they did different time slots and say x amount was assigned to each time slot
BT we're done by 9am or something. I thought I was in OK initially but got told it sold out when 5000th or something in the queue

United Hobbit

BT we're done by 9am or something. I thought I was in OK initially but got told it sold out when 5000th or something in the queue
Ah that sucks, its not even for me :lol:
Have the "big" retailers been massively under prepared with stock or is the virus adding to the delays or is this considered normal for a release? I remember struggling to get a Switch but that was peak virus times

Dave_MUFC

If you do get one through BT, they seem to be shipping them out a lot earlier than expected.

My mate got a pre order from them a week and a half ago, and they said they'd ship it to him around the 15th, but he got it today.

Bosws87

Haven't tested the other queue-it sites are using but shopto's is not implemented correctly you can just get round it.

Similar to how some sneaker stores set it up wrong when i used to take advantage of that, not even sure why there is a queue on shopto is something available?

If you ever go on a site with queue-it and you can see the original page before the queue-it kicks in normally means its implemented incorrectly and you can get round it.

Last edited:

Kaos

Haven't tested the other queue-it sites are using but shopto's is not implemented correctly you can just get round it.

Similar to how some sneaker stores set it up wrong when i used to take advantage of that, not even sure why there is a queue on shopto is something available?
How?

LARulz

Got one! from AO. I wanted the disk version so whilst I had the digital basked ready to pay, I quickly went back on another tab to see if I could but they were already sold out and went back to the marketing page. Finished off the order and will live with it

Kaos

Go into browser settings and disable javascript. Then go to ShopTo and you will have no queue mate.
Already tried that, ShopTo's site requires JavaScript. Also tried changing my user agent to GoogleBot, doesn't work either.

LARulz

So I got a PS5 from AO ordered 2 hours ago and now I am entering the shopto website. I think I may order another but the disc one

Edit: It's all sold out! What's the point of the damn queue then. Twats.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Think i nabbed one for my little cousins xmas present this morning at 6.15 with argos. Its being delivered tomorrow. Soo many people on twitter saying they have had their orderd cancelled so i am dreading it until it arrives!

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
When do people reckon it will be easier to start buying them? I don't mind waiting another few months if it's going to be a pain in the arse to get one aka waiting in queues.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
When do people reckon it will be easier to start buying them? I don't mind waiting another few months if it's going to be a pain in the arse to get one aka waiting in queues.

I'd guess spring next year most likely. Once we're beyond Christmas you'd expect a stock drive to allow them to be easier to be bought at some point soon after.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
I think they'll be on stock everywhere properly in February

Kaos

Actually I managed to buy it!....kinda, I just preordered it off ShopTo (thank you @JP77 for the JS trick!).

Only downside was I was forced to buy some pricey bundle with Miles Morales (a game I have absolutely no interest in :lol: ), but can hardly complain. Hope it dispatches soon :)

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
It’s here!

Bloody unit!

Now just waiting on this coal powered Cornish broadband to download the updates.

Bosws87

I did it mate and it works completely fine and skips the queue.
Better to block the requests in chrome coming from queue-it let’s JavaScript function normally, only works if the website haven’t implemented queue-it correctly. Easy way to know is you will usually get in the normal site for a split second before it redirects you to the queue page. If it’s implemented properly neither method will work.

Drawfull

Better to block the requests in chrome coming from queue-it let’s JavaScript function normally, only works if the website haven’t implemented queue-it correctly. Easy way to know is you will usually get in the normal site for a split second before it redirects you to the queue page. If it’s implemented properly neither method will work.
Aye, I did this to order food back in April on my local supermarket's site when everybody's shit hit the fan. You don't necessarily need to change any settings, just be quick enough to stop the page loading whilst it's in its split-second phase.

AaronRedDevil

Just got a message from Gmaestop saying I wont be getting a ps5 till next year. Good thing I bought one when I did. The prices have doubled since.

Smores

Yeah just did this to get one for a friend. Very easy to do.