Gaming PlayStation 5

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
So the R2 button on one of my contollers is incredibly loose and seems to have lost all resistance features.

Appears it's a known issue and I can return it to Sony but it's fecking annoying.
I had it too after playing a lot of Tekken 7 online. Though part of me suspects it had something to do with my own conduct.. :nervous:

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
So the R2 button on one of my contollers is incredibly loose and seems to have lost all resistance features.

Appears it's a known issue and I can return it to Sony but it's fecking annoying.
Oh really? It's been a concern for me lots as on some games you feel like you have to break the controller to push past the resistance. Then there's time when I expect resistance and there isn't so I think I can push through further.

Luckily I think the triggers are still functioning as normal. My right stick does seem a bit fecked though. I was playing Miles Morales swinging the camera round and all of a sudden it seemed to dislodge / dislocate and would turn in jumps rather than a smooth circle. I played the mission through pretty pissed off that it had broken but by the end of the mission it seemed to have just clicked back into place.

Since there are moments when it seems to come loose and start clicking round rather than having a full turning circle but only for a moment or two.

Worried it'll go completely soon.

b82REZ

I had it too after playing a lot of Tekken 7 online. Though part of me suspects it had something to do with my own conduct.. :nervous:
I suspect it's a combination of a faulty batch and a bit of wear and tear.

The controller still works so I might hold off returning it.

Anyone who has returned items to Sony, what's the turn around?

Tiber

Playing Fallen Order at the moment. Not sure how much the PS5 patch changed, but it certainly runs well

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Loving the switch over from xbox so far.

Console runs mostly silent.
Load times are amazing and obviously graphics are much improved from the OG xbox one.

Got so many back compat games to play through thanks to the PS plus collection as well that I should be fine till around Christmas time waiting for new games to be released.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Can't believe it took me so long but I just finished The Last of Us. Wow! What an amazing game.

Is Part II as good as the first one?
Personally I think Part II is a much better game. Story-wise and definitely gameplay-wise. The gameplay in the second one is incredible.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Ex-wife brought over my son's Christmas present today it has finally arrived, fair play to her as he's with me during lockdown.

Anyone else have to look up how to find the screw for the base? :nervous:

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Ex-wife brought over my son's Christmas present today it has finally arrived, fair play to her as he's with me during lockdown.
I feel this. I wish my ex did that for my boys rather than leave it all to me.

Anyone else have to look up how to find the screw for the base? :nervous:
I don't feel this. I'm a man and we don't need instructions.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Just found out my headset has arrived at shop to’s warehouse :D excited for some 3D audio!

AaronRedDevil

Got an email from GameStop saying the PS5 is available for me to buy and deliever. Sweet! A 2nd PS5, one I preordered after the Reveal. Might need to sell it for a profit but get back the money I bought for it in the first week.

Bojan11

Just don’t let @Bojan11 find out or he’ll have you.
Nope, I am happy he is shopping at Gamestop because I owned stocks from them. I am not pleased about the second part, though. The best solution would be to give it to @Pexbo, and pissbo can give @VeevaVee his award back. Everybody wins that way.

Amazon sold out PS5s in one minute today, so it's crazy that this is still going on. I thought they would have daily drops by now rather than once every few weeks.

Berbasbullet

Glad I saw this, hadn’t realised they were back in stock :)
I have ordered mine from shopto who have them on back order, I ordered mine about a week ago? I think. And it’s just arrived in the warehouse now so not too bad.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
Astrobot. Then the Astrobot achievements, then the time trials. After that? Spiderman is great
Is not spiderman just a remastered ps4 game though? I've just bought the ezio collection by assassin's creed, so will play that till some really wow graphics games come out exclusive for ps5.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Is not spiderman just a remastered ps4 game though? I've just bought the ezio collection by assassin's creed, so will play that till some really wow graphics games come out exclusive for ps5.
Very good choice. Ezio was voted best video game character recently (all be it on an Instagram page) but that's an all time classic saga and he really is a great character.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
you might be waiting a while, most big games will be cross gen for at least the 1st year or so

If you havent played Spiderman you should certainly get the bundle with original and Miles Morales.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
you might be waiting a while, most big games will be cross gen for at least the 1st year or so

If you havent played Spiderman you should certainly get the bundle with original and Miles Morales.
Yeah and even then there are plenty of games that look waaaay better on ps5 than on ps4 already. Spiderman being one of them.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Yeah and even then there are plenty of games that look waaaay better on ps5 than on ps4 already. Spiderman being one of them.
Agreed, it looks fantastic on Ps5

I heard the other day the only sure 100% Ps5 exclusive will be Ratchet and Clank (and Demon Souls). And that God of War and Horizon will both be cross gen

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Agreed, it looks fantastic on Ps5

I heard the other day the only sure 100% Ps5 exclusive will be Ratchet and Clank (and Demon Souls). And that God of War and Horizon will both be cross gen
I don't think GoW was mentioned as cross gen, was it?

It's still a few years away anyway, not a hope it'll be out before 2022, I'd expect it to be a ps5 exclusive by then.

Berbasbullet

Oh, not a chance that'll be on PS4. It'll be the flagship PS5 game next year, no way they split sales with a console they're phasing out.
I disagree, I think they will look at getting as many sales as possible. I was in the same opinion as you but saw a few videos about it from people in the know on YouTube that changed my opinion, and seen that one of the head honchos dodged the question.

You might well be right though!

b82REZ

I disagree, I think they will look at getting as many sales as possible. I was in the same opinion as you but saw a few videos about it from people in the know on YouTube that changed my opinion, and seen that one of the head honchos dodged the question.

You might well be right though!
You can see the limitations the previous gen are causing with games released since the new consoles. While the supply chain is fecked Sony will likely continue to release on both platforms, but by Xmas this year they'll want their focus to be on getting people to buy PS5s. No better way than having arguably their most popular IP be an exclusive to entice gamers.

Were this MS, I agree, they'd release on all their available platforms, but Sony aren't following that model and eventually want all their customers on Ps5.

Last edited: