Gaming PlayStation 5

gormless

Is this thing still impossible to buy? Just checked Amazon and it’s not available there. My son’s birthday is a month away, presume it’s a long shot getting my hands on one by then?
There is meant to be more drops over the month of February. Prices scalpers can charge are getting lower and lower, but unfortunately they are still a problem. You’ll need to use a stock app like HotStock in order to have a reasonable chance

pascell

Is this thing still impossible to buy? Just checked Amazon and it’s not available there. My son’s birthday is a month away, presume it’s a long shot getting my hands on one by then?
I think Argos, Game, Very and possibly Currys and ShopTo are supposed to drop two sets this month. Keep an eye out on Twitter too, some of the PS5 stock accounts are helpful in when they think the retailers will drop them.

pascell

Thanks everyone for the replies. This all sounds very complicated. Bit mad it’s so difficult to buy. Surely losing them a load of money. Bit amateur really.
Their problem has been covid as you can imagine, it slowed down the distribution of parts they need, mainly from AMD who supply for basically most tech companies in the world. You'll get one eventually but like I say, Twitter is the best place to figure when stock will be released.

JP77

Thanks everyone for the replies. This all sounds very complicated. Bit mad it’s so difficult to buy. Surely losing them a load of money. Bit amateur really.
I’ve heard possible drop from Game on the 10th which is Wednesday. Was at 10am last time so give it a try and Load up the section about 9:59 and refresh at 10 to see if any have dropped. Bundles are the best way to go on Game, don’t go for the console on its own.

Good luck mate

Edit: could even be tomorrow on Game do try the method above if you can tomorrow mate as well. Could be anywhere between 9-12, last time it was 10 so I’d estimate that time again.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Looking forward to little nightmares 2, pre ordered awhile back and it’s Out in a couple of days.

b82REZ

My gf has just surprised me with the Pulse headset and the charging dock.

After spending the weekend setting up my VR, I've had to unplug it all because the console doesn't have enough USB ports for it all. It's criminal the console only has 3 sockets.

Looking forward to testing the headphones later, but I'm not expecting them to be any better than the Sennheiser pair I have been using.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
My gf has just surprised me with the Pulse headset and the charging dock.

After spending the weekend setting up my VR, I've had to unplug it all because the console doesn't have enough USB ports for it all. It's criminal the console only has 3 sockets.

Looking forward to testing the headphones later, but I'm not expecting them to be any better than the Sennheiser pair I have been using.
USB3 hub will sort that, but make sure you get the right one.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Is the Pulse headset worth it?
I like it! Haven’t taken advantage of the 3D audio yet, but I’m not really a massive audiophile, it’s the best headset I’ve ever had but I’ve only ever had cheap ones.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I like it! Haven’t taken advantage of the 3D audio yet, but I’m not really a massive audiophile, it’s the best headset I’ve ever had but I’ve only ever had cheap ones.
Ordered based on this. If it's crap I'm banning you.

b82REZ

Got them yesterday.

Sound quality is no improvement over the previous pair I was using. My brother tells me I sound clearer when we're playing. They're incredibly comfortable and being wireless is a nice benefit.

I don't feel they're a must buy. If you have a decent pair they won't be massive upgrade on them sound quality wise.

The way Sony market them a 3d Pulse implies they are the only headphones that give 3d audio but they're not.

I got the charging dock as well and if anything I'm more impressed by that because it's made everything look a lot smarter on the stand.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Got them yesterday.

Sound quality is no improvement over the previous pair I was using. My brother tells me I sound clearer when we're playing. They're incredibly comfortable and being wireless is a nice benefit.

I don't feel they're a must buy. If you have a decent pair they won't be massive upgrade on them sound quality wise.

The way Sony market them a 3d Pulse implies they are the only headphones that give 3d audio but they're not.

I got the charging dock as well and if anything I'm more impressed by that because it's made everything look a lot smarter on the stand.
Yeah the charging dock is amazing. It's fantastic never having to plug the controller into a wire.

My current headphones are not great. My mates say they can hear their own voices echoing when I wear them so hopefully these will be better.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
They're pretty good, 100e is probably about right for them. Battery could be better though, 12 hours isn't great really.

I would say they're a bit like Airpods or Samsung earbuds in that they are really easy to pair up and use with the device their meant for which probably makes them worth it, but there's nothing particularly special about them if you didn't have one.

They do colour match though, so there's that.

Dave_MUFC

Trying to hunt down an official charging station to save me the faff of charging them via the USB C cable every 2-3 days, although I've only found Argos stock instore at Sainsburys, and I want to avoid making non-essential journeys atm.

If anyone knows when they go in stock that would be great help!

Adamsk7

As an owner of both consoles I was wondering which had the best 4K Blu-Ray player.

Wonder no more! Vincent Teoh is the man when it comes to this stuff.

Spoiler - it’s the PS5

pascell

My housemate just did but by the time I got to the site the queue was an hour so I didn’t bother
So frustrating, they did a queue to secure log in, I got through that, then an hour later they did one for the ps5, I used my previous queue session, found the bundles, then it crashed on me, then I managed to finally add to basket and it was out of stock. Just my luck :lol:

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
So frustrating, they did a queue to secure log in, I got through that, then an hour later they did one for the ps5, I used my previous queue session, found the bundles, then it crashed on me, then I managed to finally add to basket and it was out of stock. Just my luck :lol:
Sounds like a nightmare :lol:

to be honest there’s no games I really want to play until later in the year earliest so I’m happy to keep waiting, my PS4 still has some life in it and I have a huge game backlog between that and the switch as it is

gormless

Got an order in at Game. There was a link circulating allowing you to jump the queue.

there is likely to be another drop today. Not sure if link will work for this one but DM me and I’ll provide it.

Leg-End

God of War broke my controller :lol:

First issue I've had with Sony hardware in basically forever, luckily I have a spare controller. The R2 button basically became limp so obviously the spring inside cried enough, have to say Sony's fix and repair service is decent but slow, 12-15 day turnaround for a fix or replacement.

Eriku

I got one last week! Am in financially dire straits, so part of me wants to flog it at an inflated price like an arsehole. I don’t wanna give it up, tho’ <3

The controller is brilliant, and I love how much more quiet it is and how quickly everything loads :drool:

b82REZ

First issue I've had with Sony hardware in basically forever, luckily I have a spare controller. The R2 button basically became limp so obviously the spring inside cried enough, have to say Sony's fix and repair service is decent but slow, 12-15 day turnaround for a fix or replacement.
Got the same issue.

Still not sent it off yet. Did you have issues arranging a return?

Leg-End

Got the same issue.

Still not sent it off yet. Did you have issues arranging a return?
No, you have to call them and trust me do it at 10:30am when the lines open or be prepared to be on hold for 2 hours. They send you a returns label to print off, so basically you just have to box it and send it.

Haven't had it back yet but it's with them now so 4-5 days apparently.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Yeah but how long were you on the phone for?

3+ hours for me the first time... I'm dreading doing it again but I guess I better get onto it...