Gaming PlayStation 5

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Had my first week off for over a year and just finished Spider-man. Thought the first third was pretty average but thoroughly enjoyed it by the end. Pretty grim story mind...poor Parker!

Have another week off in 2 weeks so I’ll hopefully finish Miles then.

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
I'm not a huge racing game player and I definetly prefer Burnout to GT.

I think the last racer I played was Burnout Paradise Remastered. Which is still good but felt like it was missing something when compared to newer racers. Dirt 5 isn't reinventing the wheel, it's a solid arcade racer that uses some of the features of the PS5 extremeley well.

I can see why driving game purists wouldn't be too enthusiastic about this game, but for your average gamer I struggle to think of many racers that are significantly better than it.
You should try Wreckfest if you haven't done already, I think it's on PS Now.

Ainu

I'm not a huge racing game player and I definetly prefer Burnout to GT.

I think the last racer I played was Burnout Paradise Remastered. Which is still good but felt like it was missing something when compared to newer racers. Dirt 5 isn't reinventing the wheel, it's a solid arcade racer that uses some of the features of the PS5 extremeley well.

I can see why driving game purists wouldn't be too enthusiastic about this game, but for your average gamer I struggle to think of many racers that are significantly better than it.
It's nothing to do with driving game purists, I went into it expecting and wanting an arcade racer and genuinely thought it was awful. I can't stand the whole dudebro festival setting and the handling is just boring to me. There was nothing to enjoy there for me.

b82REZ

It's nothing to do with driving game purists, I went into it expecting and wanting an arcade racer and genuinely thought it was awful. I can't stand the whole dudebro festival setting and the handling is just boring to me. There was nothing to enjoy there for me.
I hate the commentators.

The early stages are probably the weakest. I'd recommend maybe playing a dozen or so events to see if you feel any differently. It certainly doesn't give the greatest first impression. But a lot of the reviews I watched emphasised that.

When I played a proper off road rally I knew the game was good, but it did make me wonder why they didn't open with those races rather than the bland hatchback races they start with.

caid

Yeah I'm gonna have a play around today.

I have just seen quite a lot of posts about similar issues and people saying they've tried multiple lan cables which is why I think it could be hardware/firmware but I'll try everything.
I've had similar issues. Connection just drops every 30 mins or so and you have to restart console for it to reconnect. Not much of a problem playing single player games but I know its going to be a total pain when i try and touch anything online.
I've done the basic troubleshooting changing to lan, checking cables and all that junk and eliminated everything up to the console itself. Tempted to send it in for repair but hoping its a driver problem they can fix in future updates. Kind of presume the controller is going to break at some point so maybe i should wait and send both of them in at the same time.

Bojan11

I've had similar issues. Connection just drops every 30 mins or so and you have to restart console for it to reconnect. Not much of a problem playing single player games but I know its going to be a total pain when i try and touch anything online.
I've done the basic troubleshooting changing to lan, checking cables and all that junk and eliminated everything up to the console itself. Tempted to send it in for repair but hoping its a driver problem they can fix in future updates. Kind of presume the controller is going to break at some point so maybe i should wait and send both of them in at the same time.
Have you tried setting the ip address to static?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
IP static thing worked for me for fifa but playing Dead By Daylight and the game doesn't load in time for me to join it and errors out. Works when I switch back to WiFi. Ffs.

My life right now trying to solve what was ONE problem.

Bojan11

IP static thing worked for me for fifa but playing Dead By Daylight and the game doesn't load in time for me to join it and errors out. Works when I switch back to WiFi. Ffs.

My life right now trying to solve what was ONE problem.

You tried a full reboot of the router and PS5?

Bosws87

Has anyone had any issues with an ethernet connection?

I was getting lag playing fifa online so I've connected a cable to the router but of course that created a different problem. It keeps saying LAN cable disconnected despite the cable not even being touched. It is not the connection as far as I know because it will say connected if I reset the internet or something like that.

I tried playing online with it connected and it lasted until the second half of a game and then 'LAN cable disconnected'.

I've googled and seems it's a common problem with all sorts of solutions people have tried. Some say it's a firmware thing.
Go through the usual NAT, Port Forwarding etc.

The quickest way is to just put your console in a DMZ (basically opens all the ports etc)

If that solves it then its a port/NAT issue to put the console in a dmz assign the console a static IP log in to your router and enter the IP of the console (internal ip 192.168.X.X) in the DMZ section.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Go through the usual NAT, Port Forwarding etc.

The quickest way is to just put your console in a DMZ (basically opens all the ports etc)

If that solves it then its a port/NAT issue to put the console in a dmz assign the console a static IP log in to your router and enter the IP of the console (internal ip 192.168.X.X) in the DMZ section.
Yeah my console is set up to a static IP and I have DMZ turned on my router to that IP.

Guess I’ll just have to switch between LAN and wifi depending on what works.

Bosws87

Yeah my console is set up to a static IP and I have DMZ turned on my router to that IP.

Guess I’ll just have to switch between LAN and wifi depending on what works.
I haven't read the thread fully so i don't know your setup but if you are using the provided router/modem from sky, virgin etc i'd invest in a proper router and turn the other thing into modem mode if you have done that already checkthat your router is running on the latest firmware.

Also try changing the DNS servers to Open DNS or Google's DNS servers.

Bojan11

I haven't read the thread fully so i don't know your setup but if you are using the provided router/modem from sky, virgin etc i'd invest in a proper router and turn the other thing into modem mode if you have done that already checkthat your router is running on the latest firmware.

Also try changing the DNS servers to Open DNS or Google's DNS servers.
Its nothing to do with routers. Lots of people on Reddit are having the same issues and some have bought new cables or routers. I got the super hub 4 and Asus Router that cost me more than £300. I still had the same issues with the PS4 pro, but it started working when I used the static IP.

So I wouldn’t bother investing in new equipment, until the next firmware drops because that might just fix it or rebuild the database as long as that doesn’t delete your data.

Bosws87

Its nothing to do with routers. Lots of people on Reddit are having the same issues and some have bought new cables or routers. I got the super hub 4 and Asus Router that cost me more than £300. I still had the same issues with the PS4 pro, but it started working when I used the static IP.

So I wouldn’t bother investing in new equipment, until the next firmware drops because that might just fix it or rebuild the database as long as that doesn’t delete your data.
Well in that case just stop playing fifa its crap, easy solution.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Well in that case just stop playing fifa its crap, easy solution.
It is crap but it’s the only thing me and my mate have been able to do together for the last year so we like it for that.

Both Fifa and DbD working well on LAN atm.

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
I hate the commentators.

The early stages are probably the weakest. I'd recommend maybe playing a dozen or so events to see if you feel any differently. It certainly doesn't give the greatest first impression. But a lot of the reviews I watched emphasised that.

When I played a proper off road rally I knew the game was good, but it did make me wonder why they didn't open with those races rather than the bland hatchback races they start with.
I gave it another chance tonight as its one of the few racing games going with splitscreen and I do quite like the icy levels. Still find the handling a bit meh.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
I'm out of the loop, I wanted to buy a ps5 for my younger brother and they're sold out everywhere, is sony going to produce more or what?

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
No Sony have announced they are no longer producing PS5 consoles. You’ll have to wait for PlayStation 6.
I meant time frame for it of course. It's weird people have money to spend and no product to buy. I called 6 different stores yesterday, sold out everywhere and no one knows when they'll have more.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
I meant time frame for it of course. It's weird people have money to spend and no product to buy. I called 6 different stores yesterday, sold out everywhere and no one knows when they'll have more.
Set up stock alerts and then it’s whoever gets there’s first. Demand is still high though hopefully in the next few months they’ll become easier to buy.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Set up stock alerts and then it’s whoever gets there’s first. Demand is still high though hopefully in the next few months they’ll become easier to buy.
Cheers, I can't see myself running after a console. His birthday is in june, I guess he'll have to wait till then.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Finished Sackboy earlier. Lots of fun with that game and a lot of replayability to get all the collectibles and get gold on each stage. Will definitely continue to dip in and out of it.

pascell

Cheers, I can't see myself running after a console. His birthday is in june, I guess he'll have to wait till then.
There'll be a lot of stock before June. I think I read that they're doubling production at the end of March.

Look on PS5 stock twitter pages, they usually have an idea of when they'll next be in stock.

Jerch

I have a problem that cotroller don't work after i tudn on PS5 from rest mode. It turns on PS but dtop communication after. Any fixes?

Jerch

Thank you for bringing this to my attention
If it helps googling this problem turned out people are getting that problem only if PS goes into rest mode because of inactivity, if u turn it to into rest it doesn't happen. I also got this problem when i left on PS and it went into rest mode by itself so my solution for now is to set that it doesn't go into rest mode by itself.

Irwin99

When is this damn console going to actually be available? I only want to play one game on it but that's beside the point.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
If it helps googling this problem turned out people are getting that problem only if PS goes into rest mode because of inactivity, if u turn it to into rest it doesn't happen. I also got this problem when i left on PS and it went into rest mode by itself so my solution for now is to set that it doesn't go into rest mode by itself.
Bit of a nightmare isn’t it? I leave mine to go in to rest all the time.