Gaming PlayStation 5

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
You reckon it's a lockdown + scalpers thing? I'll break from character for a moment and say that I'm sure the PS5 will be an amazing console eventually but, like the Xbox, I'm not sure what they're offering just yet that has created such high demand. Inherently speaking of course.

Edit: @Alock1 gives some good reasons.
Lockdown definitely contributed but there were scalpers last gen too. Has to be some demand for the scalpers to keep on scalping. Completely agree with you on not sure what has been offered so far, though the PS5 does have a few more exclusives out, word of mouth about the controller and the PS+ offerings and PS+ Collection have been very good.

acnumber9

You reckon it's a lockdown + scalpers thing? I'll break from character for a moment and say that I'm sure the PS5 will be an amazing console eventually but, like the Xbox, I'm not sure what they're offering just yet that has created such high demand. Inherently speaking of course.

Edit: @Alock1 gives some good reasons.
Personally I don’t usually bother with consoles at launch as there never enough games to justify. What made me take the plunge this time was that I had a 4K TV and my original PS4 wasn’t taking advantage. I’d say the take up in 4K TV’s over the last few years would be a factor. Game wise they’re pretty pointless so far.

Wal2Fra

The ps plus collection is amazing if you’re new to playstation. Highly recommend God of War, been upgraded for ps5 and is class, and free!
I did see GoW. Will download it and give it a go (eventually) but for all the talk of the gamepass (which is very good of course) the ps+ definitely holds up in value.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Finally managed to jagg a console after 6 months and finally setting myself up to get one with Twitter notifications.

Amazon Australia sold out in less than 30 seconds. If you didn’t have one click pay, you were toast.

Something needs to be done about scalpers but how do you identify them? There’s legit shops selling them with more stock than retailers with a 50% markup.

Bebe

Completely agree. The jump from the base PS4 to the 5 is absolutely huge, worth every penny.
Exact same situation and yup, add in the PS+ collection and it already feels like a markedly better experience. Worthwhile even before the games start coming out for anyone who skipped the PS4 Pro/XboneX half gen.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
UI is pure fecking muck. Where is the continuity? keep the the things relatively the same whilst having an pie 4.0 no fecking questions asked. Instead im having to jiggle my fecking way in an out of random fecking apps that I don't technically own. You guys are fecking sad for letting this type of shit slide. Imagine paying 600 quid like I did and letting some fecking app suggest to you what to do. So happy I have my 3080.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
UI is pure fecking muck. Where is the continuity? keep the the things relatively the same whilst having an pie 4.0 no fecking questions asked. Instead im having to jiggle my fecking way in an out of random fecking apps that I don't technically own. You guys are fecking sad for letting this type of shit slide. Imagine paying 600 quid like I did and letting some fecking app suggest to you what to do. So happy I have my 3080.
genuine question.... what are you talking about? What app is suggesting the what now? I have a ps5 and not having this issue you’re having.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
:lol: how drunk were you last night? None of this happens.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Well said. No surprise the ps shills pretend it’s not an issue

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Can I have some of what you’re having?

Paxi

:lol: how drunk were you last night? None of this happens.
10/10 drunk. Woke up on the living room floor.

Honestly I feel like a stupid dick trying to navigate the ps5 menu. I don’t like it personally. I don’t even know how to switch it off from the controller. :lol:

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!

Honestly I feel like a stupid dick trying to navigate the ps5 menu. I don’t like it personally. I don’t even know how to switch it off from the controller. :lol:
it was fun following your posts throughout the forum last night, genuinely made no sense at all.

Paxi

it was fun following your posts throughout the forum last night, genuinely made no sense at all.
Glad you got a laugh out of it. I feel absolutely fecking brutal today. I’m genuinely not drinking ever again though. :lol:
edit: or I’ll make a cnut out of myself on here — billy blags style. Can’t be doing that.

Minkaro

I may have misunderstood the issue, so apologies if so, but if you tap the PS button it brings up a “quick” menu along the bottom, and the far right option there (iirc) is to turn off.

There’s also the option to long press the same button, which takes you back to the Home Screen. It took me a while to get the hang of long or short press.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
I feel this argument is a bit like complaining that Pringles are way more difficult to open than a standard bag of crisps, or that you are finding it hard to use an electric toothbrush compared to your manual one.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Not sure I get what anyone’s problem with the UI is. The only real difference I can see is that games and media have been split up and you only tap the ps button to get to the power off.

Splitting up the games and media means you get everything you need displayed on the menu bars.

harshad

Play the odds, not the man - Poor man's Harvey
Scout
On a long road that returns to Old Trafford!!!
I already have the disc version of HZD installed. Will the HZD game currently on offer write over the disc version or do I need to uninstall the disc version and then go about installing the digital version?

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Really looking forward to playing HZD having never done so previously.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Horizon Complete Edition mow available for download for free.
Nice! I have it on disc but I am too lazy to ever change the disc. Bought TLOU2 digital edition recently for the same reason despite having a physical copy.

Now it's only Miles Morales so I don't have to ever swap.

Moby

Dick
I'm in the minority but:

HZD > God of War
Having played both I wouldn't say they are too far apart. A lot of GoW's fanbase obviously belongs from the previous games in the series as well whereas HZD doesn't have an existing fanbase. Looking at it individually, both are great visually. I loved the gameworld in HZD and it was a lot of fun to explore, as were the different realms in GoW. Story wise also I don't see much between them, maybe HZD edges that a bit. However in terms of combat and gameplay, GoW blows HZD out of the water. GoW's combat is pretty much one of the best I have ever played.