Gaming PlayStation 5

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Well in the film Far From Home they go to Europe (Venice, specifically... I think), so somewhere in Europe would be interesting. I'm not sure if somewhere like Venice would work though, as you haven't obviously got the densely packed skyscrapers like you do in NY to use as launch points. So I don't know how they'd get over that, mechanically speaking.
Yeh as cool as Venice would be, I don't think Spiderman travelling around on a gondola has quite the same impact :lol:

TrustInJanuzaj

The real question is what do I play now? I've just finished Rage 2, platinumed a Plague Tale: Innocence and platinumed Miles Morales. I have quite a few games which I've started but can't face finishing; AC Valhalla, Ghost of Tsushima, Manhunter, Ratchet and Clank (2016) and potentially a Retunal platinum run, even debating a Skyrim SE platinum run.

Nothing is pulling me back in at the moment. I know I'd like to play the new Ratchet game when that drops in price but for once my wishlist looks a little lean. Has anyone played the previous Metro games? I liked the look of the new one released in 2019(?) but I've never played any of them.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
The real question is what do I play now? I've just finished Rage 2, platinumed a Plague Tale: Innocence and platinumed Miles Morales. I have quite a few games which I've started but can't face finishing; AC Valhalla, Ghost of Tsushima, Manhunter, Ratchet and Clank (2016) and potentially a Retunal platinum run, even debating a Skyrim SE platinum run.

Nothing is pulling me back in at the moment. I know I'd like to play the new Ratchet game when that drops in price but for once my wishlist looks a little lean. Has anyone played the previous Metro games? I liked the look of the new one released in 2019(?) but I've never played any of them.
I got the platinum in Returnal the other week. It's a long one. It was not a fun Platinum!

One of those ones where you go "what the feck am I actually doing?"

You can get Metro Redux (which is the two games remastered) on the ps store for something like £3.79 at the moment.

TrustInJanuzaj

I got the platinum in Returnal the other week. It's a long one. It was not a fun Platinum!

One of those ones where you go "what the feck am I actually doing?"

You can get Metro Redux (which is the two games remastered) on the ps store for something like £3.79 at the moment.
Yeh that’s partly why I gave up on the platinum for returnal. Not sure I have the stomach for that grind. I have PS now at the moment so just having a look at what they have to offer!

TrustInJanuzaj

Just realised I'm only 4 trophies short of the platinum on Horizon Zero Dawn, so I think I'll redownload that, and it's an excuse to perhaps play through the DLC afterward. It's clear looking at my trophy list just how much I love the PlayStation exclusives; platinums in both Spiderman games, Days Gone, soon Horizon, and hopefully Ghost of Tsushima eventually.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Just realised I'm only 4 trophies short of the platinum on Horizon Zero Dawn, so I think I'll redownload that, and it's an excuse to perhaps play through the DLC afterward. It's clear looking at my trophy list just how much I love the PlayStation exclusives; platinums in both Spiderman games, Days Gone, soon Horizon, and hopefully Ghost of Tsushima eventually.
New game plus at the hardest difficulty. Thank me later, it makes the great gameplay god tier.

Wal2Fra

Going to pick up F1 2021 and want to get a steering wheel to go with it. Also want to the wheel for the new GT (when that eventually comes out) although tempted to pick up GT sport if anyone thinks that is worth it?

I have seen the Thrustmaster T150 at 150€ or the Drive pro Gs700 at 100€ anything other than that seems to expensive and I guess anything below would just be poor quality?

Are there any other models within a similar price range that are worth looking at?

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Think I've got one from game, feck knows tbh :lol: ordered something. God knows when it'll be delivered, says pre order, says the 30th, but then somewhere else it says 3rd August, then somewhere else it said 27th July :lol:

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
The DLC is great but there’s a definite difficulty bump!

TrustInJanuzaj

The DLC is great but there’s a definite difficulty bump!
I'm not actually sure if I can use the DLC because I already had the game downloaded prior to the free release of the ultimate edition. If I cant access them I might just buy them if I can complete the game again as they can't be expensive now surely. Also despite only having 4 trophies left I no longer have my save so I've had to start over again anyway. Enjoying it so far, it still looks visually brilliant especially on the PS5 compared to the OG PS4.

kidbob

Yeah down for me too. Just bought Minecraft for my little sister that is over for the weekend so hoping that is why it isn't working. She's happy enough with Astro's Playground at the moment at least.

kidbob

Also I'm super looking forward to the Witcher 3 upgrade! Does anyone know if its free to anyone who already owns the game?

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Cant sleep, thought I would hop on the PS5 and I cant connect to the network to play online. Had watched The Quiet Place 2 last night, suspect its connected...

JohnZSmith27

Has anyone signed up to the Apple TV deal? I downloaded the app and signed in using my apple ID but there's no mention of any 6 month trial. It just has an option for 7 days free trial.

Do I need to have had a subscription to Apple TV in the past or something? I haven't used my apple ID in about 10 years when I last had an iPhone.

AaronRedDevil

Has anyone signed up to the Apple TV deal? I downloaded the app and signed in using my apple ID but there's no mention of any 6 month trial. It just has an option for 7 days free trial.

Do I need to have had a subscription to Apple TV in the past or something? I haven't used my apple ID in about 10 years when I last had an iPhone.
I did it on my PS5 But it does still say 1 weeks free trial. Maybe it’ll trigger after that week?

JohnZSmith27

I did it on my PS5 But it does still say 1 weeks free trial. Maybe it’ll trigger after that week?
Got it working. I had to make sure I had a payment method attached to my account. Then I went into browse categories, selected Apple TV+ and the option was there for me to select the 6 months free.

AaronRedDevil

Got it working. I had to make sure I had a payment method attached to my account. Then I went into browse categories, selected Apple TV+ and the option was there for me to select the 6 months free.
Sweet Got it, just popped up after I logged back in. Wanna see what all the fuss is about Ted Lasso.

Irwin99

Also I'm super looking forward to the Witcher 3 upgrade! Does anyone know if its free to anyone who already owns the game?
Is that an upcoming upgrade? I've had the Witcher 3 on the PS4 for years and have recently dipped into it again on the PS5. It might be my imagination but the loading times seem quicker.

The only two games I've noticed a big difference in from a base PS4 is Shadow of the Colossus and CyberPunk (the huge improvement could be due to patches as much as the PS5's power).

Bosws87

Is that an upcoming upgrade? I've had the Witcher 3 on the PS4 for years and have recently dipped into it again on the PS5. It might be my imagination but the loading times seem quicker.

The only two games I've noticed a big difference in from a base PS4 is Shadow of the Colossus and CyberPunk (the huge improvement could be due to patches as much as the PS5's power).
Its free and its a next gen upgrade, i guess they will bump up the resolution and add some form of raytracing.

Dave_MUFC

Going to pick up F1 2021 and want to get a steering wheel to go with it. Also want to the wheel for the new GT (when that eventually comes out) although tempted to pick up GT sport if anyone thinks that is worth it?

I have seen the Thrustmaster T150 at 150€ or the Drive pro Gs700 at 100€ anything other than that seems to expensive and I guess anything below would just be poor quality?

Are there any other models within a similar price range that are worth looking at?
I've got the T150, got it for £180 with the pro pedal set included. It's a great wheel, the FFB is great.

Also got F1 a few days ago, it's a good game, but it's riddled with a load of game breaking bugs at the moment, like playing coop with my mate, the first race would be over after 1 lap and we would both get DNFs. Can't do more than a few laps without crashing though :lol: