Gaming PlayStation 5

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
No, I haven't. Are you referring to the latest one, or the original ones? I have a PS5, so not sure if the original ones are compatible.

I just got the Doom disc delivered yesterday! Looking at the trailer and reviews, it seemed like a no nonsense shooting game.

Thanks! I'll take a look at these.
They mean the latest one which is free on the ps plus collection with a PS5 upgrade! It’s really good!

AaronRedDevil

Metal Gear Solid 1-4 are excellent it went drastically downhill once it became sandbox open world.
I'd kill for a PS5 port for MGS. Best game series of all time. Shame about 5 though. Great addictive gameplay but everything else was shit. Nothing like MGS game.

AaronRedDevil

No, I haven't. Are you referring to the latest one, or the original ones? I have a PS5, so not sure if the original ones are compatible.

I just got the Doom disc delivered yesterday! Looking at the trailer and reviews, it seemed like a no nonsense shooting game.

The new God of War is a masterpiece. Yeah there's a lot of cutscenes but there entertaining and short enough. And the gameplay is fun as hell.

Bosws87

I'd kill for a PS5 port for MGS. Best game series of all time. Shame about 5 though. Great addictive gameplay but everything else was shit. Nothing like MGS game.
For sure MGS 1 what a game for it's time, had everything.

Still remember being mind blown from having to plug in your controller in port 2 to stop psycho mantis reading your mind!

Also reading your past by whats on the memory card, incredible.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'

Yeh the most recent God of War is absolutely brilliant. The combat is excellent and while the story is good you don’t need to pay it too much attention.

AaronRedDevil

For sure MGS 1 what a game for it's time, had everything.

Still remember being mind blown from having to plug in your controller in port 2 to stop psycho mantis reading your mind!

Also reading your past by whats on the memory card, incredible.
Yeah that was so ahead of its time. I pray there's a remake of it coming soon from what the rumors say. It'll be incredible.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Yeh the most recent God of War is absolutely brilliant. The combat is excellent and while the story is good you don’t need to pay it too much attention.
I think the most recent GOW is decent, but the reviews a way over the top. Would personally give it a 7, don't think it deserves higher than 8. But since it's free on PS5, it's definitely worth a playthrough.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Oh yeah, I remember that one. Didn't find that too bad. Enjoying it so far?
Yeah, got a bit stressful because I hate "new" control schemes, especially when I'm shit at them. Started the jungle section and that is more fun than the space section so far.

Impressed by download speed of the machine though. Massively improved over the PS4.

TrustInJanuzaj

I think the most recent GOW is decent, but the reviews a way over the top. Would personally give it a 7, don't think it deserves higher than 8. But since it's free on PS5, it's definitely worth a playthrough.
Nah it’s far better than a 7. Easily a 9 or 10/10. It’s a fantastic experience and I don’t think there’s many better games.

Gehrman

Nah it’s far better than a 7. Easily a 9 or 10/10. It’s a fantastic experience and I don’t think there’s many better games.
Guess it just goes to show difference in taste. IMO it suffered from generic combat and enemies, poor RPG elements, story was ok but nothing special. Level design was not special. Lack of boss fights. Seemed to be it scored high mainly because of production values. The only major highlight was
Baldur which made me think they should have at least have 2 more gods to fight in that game. Instead it seems they are keeping them for the sequels, but it made this one a much poorer game for it.

TrustInJanuzaj

Guess it just goes to show difference in taste. IMO it suffered from generic combat and enemies, poor RPG elements, story was ok but nothing special. Level design was not special. Lack of boss fights. Seemed to be it scored high mainly because of production values. The only major highlight was
Baldur which made me think they should have at least have 2 more gods to fight in that game. Instead it seems they are keeping them for the sequels, but it made this one a much poorer game for it.
Think you are underrating the combat. It’s one of the most satisfying combat systems around. Throwing that axe just feels like it carries immense weight which is something I think many games can’t replicate.

Shark

@NotShark
You're wrong ;)

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I feel as though I need to complete Valhalla because it is pretty to look at, and I paid for it, but Christ it's a chore.

Level design is fecking terrible. Can't go from a to b anywhere easily, not even 10 metres without some bullshit there.

Everything is a fecking maze or a puzzle and I mean everything, gets boring real quick.

The whole Asgard sub section, just why? Absolutely terrible.

It's actually too big, you feel like you're getting nowhere.

The parkour isn't even great, it's somehow got worse than the original games.

Absolute cretin of a game.

Gehrman

Think you are underrating the combat. It’s one of the most satisfying combat systems around. Throwing that axe just feels like it carries immense weight which is something I think many games can’t replicate.
Guess it just taste. From the PS4 era, I think DS3, Nioh & 2, Bloodborne and Sekiro all did it better. I just completed my 2nd playthrough of GOW on my PS5 today since its free and I thought I'd give it another go and felt very much the same way about it that I did the first time. It's not a bad game at all, I just find the review scores completely inflated. If they had thrown another 2 gods in there for you to fight, I think the game would have been much better. Baldur was awesome, but having him only as a nemesis made the game feel lacking.

TrustInJanuzaj

I feel as though I need to complete Valhalla because it is pretty to look at, and I paid for it, but Christ it's a chore.

Level design is fecking terrible. Can't go from a to b anywhere easily, not even 10 metres without some bullshit there.

Everything is a fecking maze or a puzzle and I mean everything, gets boring real quick.

The whole Asgard sub section, just why? Absolutely terrible.

It's actually too big, you feel like you're getting nowhere.

The parkour isn't even great, it's somehow got worse than the original games.

Absolute cretin of a game.
Yeh I was absolutely loving it right up until I wasn’t and at that point it’s been impossible to dive back in. My hope is that I did a similar thing with Odyssey and ended up diving back in to finish it at a later point. At the moment though the only reason I want to finish it is so I can happily delete it from my system. I have absolutely no idea how anyone has the stamina to platinum a game like this.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Yeh I was absolutely loving it right up until I wasn’t and at that point it’s been impossible to dive back in. My hope is that I did a similar thing with Odyssey and ended up diving back in to finish it at a later point. At the moment though the only reason I want to finish it is so I can happily delete it from my system. I have absolutely no idea how anyone has the stamina to platinum a game like this.
It's as if the only people who can platinum it are those who made it and were proper passionate about making a shit game.

Even travel points, the fast travel locations are useless, always a feckin mile away from wherever you're going anyway.

It really could have been epic, I much prefer the whole hunting down the order part of the game over anything else

TrustInJanuzaj

Guess it just taste. From the PS4 era, I think DS3, Nioh & 2, Bloodborne and Sekiro all did it better. I just completed my 2nd playthrough of GOW on my PS5 today since its free and I thought I'd give it another go and felt very much the same way about it that I did the first time. It's not a bad game at all, I just find the review scores completely inflated. If they had thrown another 2 gods in there for you to fight, I think the game would have been much better. Baldur was awesome, but having him only as a nemesis made the game feel lacking.
Yeh fair enough you are definately looking at it from a different perspective to me. I’m someone who has played about 10 hours of Bloodborne and haven’t touched another FromSoftware game, but would like to in the future. For me it was entirely different to any other games I’ve played of that nature, a more linear story, a fantastically weighty combat which eclipses anything I played before in open world RPGs. I didn’t go in expecting bosses and boss battles so I think if you come in from a soulsbourne title you’ll probably always be expecting and anticipating that. I also didn’t go in expecting a massive challenge (although the end game killed me), so again I think it’s probably a case of what you are used too.

I’d say for most gamers who haven’t really played the more linear style worlds and who haven’t really played the souls series, this a massive step up in quality compared to pretty much any other title on the market.

Gehrman

Yeh fair enough you are definately looking at it from a different perspective to me. I’m someone who has played about 10 hours of Bloodborne and haven’t touched another FromSoftware game, but would like to in the future. For me it was entirely different to any other games I’ve played of that nature, a more linear story, a fantastically weighty combat which eclipses anything I played before in open world RPGs. I didn’t go in expecting bosses and boss battles so I think if you come in from a soulsbourne title you’ll probably always be expecting and anticipating that. I also didn’t go in expecting a massive challenge (although the end game killed me), so again I think it’s probably a case of what you are used too.

I’d say for most gamers who haven’t really played the more linear style worlds and who haven’t really played the souls series, this a massive step up in quality compared to pretty much any other title on the market.
The god of war series is pretty famed for it's boss battles though.

TrustInJanuzaj

It's as if the only people who can platinum it are those who made it and were proper passionate about making a shit game.

Even travel points, the fast travel locations are useless, always a feckin mile away from wherever you're going anyway.

It really could have been epic, I much prefer the whole hunting down the order part of the game over anything else
I agree. What’s frustrating in these modern AC games is that they are actually pretty close to a great title. This obsession with bigger and bigger open worlds needs to end. If they could make the map 75% smaller and 50% denser it would be a far better game. For me personally I still think the best AC worlds ever made were Rome and Venice where there was always cool things to see and not just loads of empty space. But they were onto some cool ideas in Valhalla. I liked for example how all the things on the map were mysteries etc where you were never quite sure on what side quest you’d encounter, that was a far better system than simple question mark locations in Odyssey.

TrustInJanuzaj

The god of war series is pretty famed for it's boss battles though.
Sure but not in the same way as a Souls game where the difficulty is renowned. The older games were built more on their story than the brilliant combat or gameplay.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I agree. What’s frustrating in these modern AC games is that they are actually pretty close to a great title. This obsession with bigger and bigger open worlds needs to end. If they could make the map 75% smaller and 50% denser it would be a far better game. For me personally I still think the best AC worlds ever made were Rome and Venice where there was always cool things to see and not just loads of empty space. But they were onto some cool ideas in Valhalla. I liked for example how all the things on the map were mysteries etc where you were never quite sure on what side quest you’d encounter, that was a far better system than simple question mark locations in Odyssey.
Venice was the best, the one with da Vinci was it? Best if the series I'd reckon, I did love being a pirate aswell though in black flag.

LoneStar

The new God of War is a masterpiece. Yeah there's a lot of cutscenes but there entertaining and short enough. And the gameplay is fun as hell.
They mean the latest one which is free on the ps plus collection with a PS5 upgrade! It’s really good!
If you’re playing cod, play hardcore. You have no choice but to get quicker at it.
Cheers guys!

pascell

Had a problem with my PS5 yesterday.

I had played it earlier on in the day, shut it down properly, then went to turn it on later in the night and it's done this before, it had a solid white light on the console. Now I thought it just hadn't fired up so I pressed the power button again, then it went to a solid blue light but my TV was still saying nothing was connected to the HDMI port. I took out the plug, waited 60 seconds and tried it again and it completely reset itself, wiped everything off the console. Like I say, this has happened before but on turning it off and on again, it fired up properly.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so, what was the cause and what was the solution?

Shark

@NotShark
Had a problem with my PS5 yesterday.

I had played it earlier on in the day, shut it down properly, then went to turn it on later in the night and it's done this before, it had a solid white light on the console. Now I thought it just hadn't fired up so I pressed the power button again, then it went to a solid blue light but my TV was still saying nothing was connected to the HDMI port. I took out the plug, waited 60 seconds and tried it again and it completely reset itself, wiped everything off the console. Like I say, this has happened before but on turning it off and on again, it fired up properly.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so, what was the cause and what was the solution?
Did you check your HDMI connection as well as do a power cycle? Could be the cable acting up if you're not getting a connection.

pascell

Did you check your HDMI connection as well as do a power cycle? Could be the cable acting up if you're not getting a connection.
I unplugged the power cable, waited 60 secs then plugged it back in. I didn't try and change the HDMI cable as it's the one they provided so I assumed it would be fine and it worked fine after the PS reset itself.

I saw online that one of the ways to fix it is change the Video Output Settings on Safe Mode but didn't get the chance to get it into Safe Mode.

It's just strange for it to be playing up like this as I've only had it 3 months.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
After all my moaning about Valhalla I've just had a moment of joy.

Some dudes arguing about music, bishop didn't like some bloke playing drums cos it was devil music. Had a fight with bishop so drummer bloke could play, as bishop was leaving drummer boy starts banging his drum and singing "smack my bishop" :lol:

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I’ll forward that on to him :lol:
Seriously though, its cool that you know someone involved with the game. I've been a big fan of Ember Lab since the Majora's Mask video they did five years ago and Kena looks stunning. Hope they transition well to making games. The bits I've seen look great bar minor things like lack of idle animation for the main character.