Gaming PlayStation 5

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Nice! I hated it on my first attempt but went back to it a few years later and it's now one of my fave PS4 games

Surprised there's been no proper PS5 update for it.
A PS5 upgrade would be awesome. Most likely there will be a full remake at full price like demon souls.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I did the same and got all the Soulsborne games, including Sekiro. Apparently the Nioh series are another which have similar mechanics as well.
Been waiting for an absolute age for Dark Souls 1 remastered and Dark Souls 3 to go on sale. Dark Souls three has been like £40 for ever so I’m glad to finally get that on a sale.

rotherham_red

Been waiting for an absolute age for Dark Souls 1 remastered and Dark Souls 3 to go on sale. Dark Souls three has been like £40 for ever so I’m glad to finally get that on a sale.
I got all three of them on disc (including all their DLC) for about £23 I think way back in December/January. If you have a look on Google shopping or The Game Collection, you tend to find the slightly older, but nevertheless well renowned PS4 for pretty cheap

TrustInJanuzaj

I need something new to play. Everything looks so boring.
It’s a bit of a dry spell for new games isn’t it. Fortunately I still have afew games in my backlog to get through which will tide me over to the next big release. The issue for me is I’m not that hyped about any of the upcoming gaming releases. Horizon Forbidden West will be good but not crazy. The next God of War will excite me but still a couple of years away. I’m about ready for another GTA or Elder Scrolls game!

TrustInJanuzaj

I got all three of them on disc (including all their DLC) for about £23 I think way back in December/January. If you have a look on Google shopping or The Game Collection, you tend to find the slightly older, but nevertheless well renowned PS4 for pretty cheap
Yeh unfortunately I just play completely digital these days. If I could have got my hand on one I would have got the digital PS5 instead of the disk one because I can’t even remember the last time I bought a disk. I understand you can get some better deals but if you wait long enough the PS store also has some good sales.

Balljy

Yeah it’s good. Played it when it came out on Steam.
If you're looking on Steam as well as PS5, try mini motorways. It's cheap and so moreish, it's a new release by the people who made mini metro.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
I finally got my ps5 this week. I’ve noticed that it makes a loud whirring noise for about 10 seconds on startup coming from the disc drive. It seems very load, is this a fault?

JohnZSmith27

I finally got my ps5 this week. I’ve noticed that it makes a loud whirring noise for about 10 seconds on startup coming from the disc drive. It seems very load, is this a fault?
Mine does that just as it starts up if there's a disc in it. Then it's quiet after that. I think its normal judging from what others have said.

AaronRedDevil

Play the Yakuza series. Brilliant stories. Hilarity too. Fun combat.
Got into that 2 years ago with Zero. Now I’m a massive Yakuza fan. All the years I spent gaming and yet somehow this series past me by. Masterpieces. Except 5. Feck that one.

AaronRedDevil

You didn't like the Haruka-san arc? That song was absolutely addictive. :lol:
I liked the Haruka parts Is just the whole game was just tedious as hell with the missions. Felt like I spent 10 hours I’m the snowy mountains with the big lad punching bears. 40 hours worth of those missions to the last 10 hours where things start happening wasn’t worth it:lol:. Still good game but Jesus it took a while.

Hoof the ball

I liked the Haruka parts Is just the whole game was just tedious as hell with the missions. Felt like I spent 10 hours I’m the snowy mountains with the big lad punching bears. 40 hours worth of those missions to the last 10 hours where things start happening wasn’t worth it:lol:. Still good game but Jesus it took a while.
Oh god. That whole Saejima mountain arc... :lol:

The tedium of laying the traps, and collecting, and laying them, and collecting. I didn't realise the the mountain arc would take so long. Just thought it'd be some kind of quick detour before making our way back in Kamorucho.

AaronRedDevil

Oh god. That whole Saejima mountain arc... :lol:

The tedium of laying the traps, and collecting, and laying them, and collecting. I didn't realise the the mountain arc would take so long. Just thought it'd be some kind of quick detour before making our way back in Kamorucho.
Yeah it's crazy how long it took. Love the series though. Really want a Majima standalone. He's brilliant.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I honestly think it's ridiculous if anyone is excited over this, consoles should have shipped with more space to start with.
They had to keep the price down. You’d be looking at £150 on top of the Xbox or PlayStation at least.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
We are looking at that anyway, plus this way, adding space it "at your own risk" which is complete bullshit tbh.
But at 350 or so quid it gets people buying in. £500 or 550 is harder to sell. Not everyone uses all the available storage either. I know plenty of people whom just play fifa all year and so they have no need for extra storage.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Those of you on the PS5 beta, how is the 3d audio through your TV? More specifically from your TV Bar if you have one. @esmufc07

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
But at 350 or so quid it gets people buying in. £500 or 550 is harder to sell. Not everyone uses all the available storage either. I know plenty of people whom just play fifa all year and so they have no need for extra storage.
Yeah. I tend to play a small number of games at a time then when I'm done, I delete and install new one. Not like I'm going to go back to the games I'm finished with so don't personally see the point of larger storage unless you're into the games that take up a ridiculous amount of space like CoD

Ainu

I honestly think it's ridiculous if anyone is excited over this, consoles should have shipped with more space to start with.
I seriously don't see the issue with the storage. This is what I currently have installed on my PS5:

- Astro's Playroom
- Bloodborne
- Demon's Souls
- PES 2020
- Hollow Knight
- Little Nightmares 2
- Miles Morales
- Oddworld Soulstorm
- Operation: Tango
- Overcooked 2
- PGA Tour 2k21
- Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
- Returnal
- Subnautica
- The Last of Us 2

This puts me at 157.8 GB of free space left.

Even if you take away all of the smaller titles, there's still a significant number of AAA titles left. How many games do people need to have on there at the same time? Would it be nice to have more space out of the box? Sure, but considering the costs of NVME storage, this is a more than acceptable compromise.

acnumber9

I seriously don't see the issue with the storage. This is what I currently have installed on my PS5:

- Astro's Playroom
- Bloodborne
- Demon's Souls
- PES 2020
- Hollow Knight
- Little Nightmares 2
- Miles Morales
- Oddworld Soulstorm
- Operation: Tango
- Overcooked 2
- PGA Tour 2k21
- Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
- Returnal
- Subnautica
- The Last of Us 2

This puts me at 157.8 GB of free space left.

Even if you take away all of the smaller titles, there's still a significant number of AAA titles left. How many games do people need to have on there at the same time? Would it be nice to have more space out of the box? Sure, but considering the costs of NVME storage, this is a more than acceptable compromise.
Stick a Call of Duty/Warzone on there and you’re talking over 200gb taken up. It may not be an issue for you, but lots of people will find it a problem.

Ainu

Stick a Call of Duty/Warzone on there and you’re talking over 200gb taken up. It may not be an issue for you, but lots of people will find it a problem.
Yeah that is just a ridiculous size. Still though, I don't see that as an argument against the storage of the PS5 or Series X, but more as an argument against those woefully bloated games. Surely they should be able to do a lot better.

caid

I mistook them for the PS+ games. Needing a subscription for online play frankly sucks and the dogshit games they put out most months are lousy value for money. Them putting good games on yet another subscription service just twists the knife a bit.
Not that im tempted to give them a tenner for limited access to the one game i haven't played, that costs about a tenner in sales.

Them having a couple of months of terrible, terrible offers on ps+ right after a sale on long term deals hasn't gone unnoticed either.