Gaming PlayStation 5

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Yeah it's a really solid shooter.
Not played the console updated version, but the pc upgrade is incredible the best example of the new graphics techniques (ray tracing wise) to date.

On top of that its a solid game and one of the best single player shooters available
Cheers guy. I think I'm going to get it. I haven't played the previous games in the series, but I'm not too bothered about that. Was just checking out some videos on it and it looks incredible.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I played it on PC years a go and thought it was a bit slow but I grabbed DOOM Eternal from the store. That's had a free upgrade too and is fecking mint.
Oh, I didn't know that game had an upgrade. Nice.

The 2016 Doom was great fun. I think you can pick the physical version up for 9 quid at the moment as well, so I may get that.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
it's a slow burner at the start for sure, took a while to get going. I think I got really into it once it got to the first semi-open world area.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Cheers guy. I think I'm going to get it. I haven't played the previous games in the series, but I'm not too bothered about that. Was just checking out some videos on it and it looks incredible.
Is it still a tenner? I’ve been looking at reviews.

b82REZ

It isn't now, at least not in my region. A shame, the deal's probably expired.

(not on the UK store either, from what I can see)
After seeing the comments about it on here I was going to grab it too, despite not loving it on PC. Checked the app, saw it at about 6.55. Booted up my PS5, and the black friday sale had ended and changed to the end of year sale and it was no longer there.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
So something similar to what I was asking for in the PS Plus thread then. Great stuff.

It's about time they did something like this, to be honest.

RedDevilRoshi

So something similar to what I was asking for in the PS Plus thread then. Great stuff.

It's about time they did something like this, to be honest.
With how successful GP has been, it was always going to be a matter of time before Sony released their own version to rival it.

Interesting to see when more details are rolled out about it but a much needed good move nevertheless.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Was obvious long before Gamepass that it'd happen at some point. Content has been moving to subscriptions for a decade.

If Sony don't make any weird decisions and market it properly then it'll be massive quite quickly. They have the Disney+ advantage of having huge quality back catalogue, and a huge base of people who could access immediately. Even though they don't plan to put big exclusives on it day 1, they will hopefully provide a decent discount to those who are a subscribers to help justify the cost. Knowing Sony it'll probably put their 1st party games back to £60.

Interested to see if they put it on mobiles, PC, smart TVs straight away.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Was obvious long before Gamepass that it'd happen at some point. Content has been moving to subscriptions for a decade.

If Sony don't make any weird decisions and market it properly then it'll be massive quite quickly. They have the Disney+ advantage of having huge quality back catalogue, and a huge base of people who could access immediately. Even though they don't plan to put big exclusives on it day 1, they will hopefully provide a decent discount to those who are a subscribers to help justify the cost. Knowing Sony it'll probably put their 1st party games back to £60.

Interested to see if they put it on mobiles, PC, smart TVs straight away.
Correct if I'm wrong but isn't it the case Microsoft are miles ahead with streaming/cloud gaming because of existing infrastructure? I'm not sure Sony will be able to quickly get to the point where they can put this on mobiles and smart TVs.

acnumber9

I do wonder how this rumoured tiered approach will impact those with existing PS Plus subscriptions. Especially after a lot of people will have topped up in the recent sale. If they have to pay more for access to the games I don’t see how it will be any different to paying extra for PS Now.

Alock1

Correct if I'm wrong but isn't it the case Microsoft are miles ahead with streaming/cloud gaming because of existing infrastructure? I'm not sure Sony will be able to quickly get to the point where they can put this on mobiles and smart TVs.
PS Now already streams to PlayStation consoles and perhaps PCs already (I think so?)? I don't think the quality would be as good as xcloud but they could definitely do it if they wanted.

Alock1

I do wonder how this rumoured tiered approach will impact those with existing PS Plus subscriptions. Especially after a lot of people will have topped up in the recent sale. If they have to pay more for access to the games I don’t see how it will be any different to paying extra for PS Now.
Instead of (for example) holding the 2 separately for £15 per month it'll be £10 per month with a renewed focus and investment on the games that come to the service vs what's currently available on PS Now.

Those who only pay for ps+ now can continue but the free games will be of lesser quality. This happened to the xbox gold free games too, as the focus was to put more popular / better reviewed games on the higher tier.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Don’t Sony use Microsoft for their cloud anyway?

Alock1

Don’t Sony use Microsoft for their cloud anyway?
They do but there is more than just picking a cloud provider and pressing go to be fair.

Remember Microsoft has a ton of stripped Xbox Series X that run the games and stream out.

Does PS Now stream any ps5 games or all ps4?

Alock1

Sorry, yeah that's what I meant.

That's probably something they will need to address at some point. And they either have to make the decision to port or to leverage chips that they could instead be using for ps5 consoles, so I think it'll be a while before they push that.

Streaming ps4 and back compat I would expect them to continue whatever ps now is doing and expand devices in a year or probably 2.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I still can’t get over how fast this console is. Going from the main hub into continuing my game of death stranding in about 15 seconds? It’s almost jarring. :lol:

Sara125

Got a PS5 in that exclusive access event thing. I’m so gassed because I’m usually so unlucky with raffles, exclusive drops and the like :lol: