Gaming PlayStation 5

Deery

Dreary
Been playing with the Steelseries 7p headset for the last week or so, I think it’s a good headset and really comfy on but my only gripes with it are you have to have the mic very close to your mouth to pick up when you’re talking and not sure if it always does, also the background noise like explosions and such can sometimes drown out what people are saying. Sometimes the other mic’s are Crystal clear sometimes they are very low.

Good headset though when everything is going well and looks bang on with the PlayStation 5.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
What’s this unreal engine 5 Matrix tech demo all about? Downloaded it last night out of curiosity and am now looking at a countdown timer! I love me a good countdown timer! Anyone else on it?

esmufc07

Brad
Scout

b82REZ

Valve probably had the best way of dealing with scalpers by limiting the amount of preorders for an account and limiting even further for newly created accounts.

The real test on how successful that tactic has been will only be seen when it eventually releases.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Last week, Mr Chapman wrote to Nadine Dorries, the digital secretary, asking the government to reconsider prohibiting the use of automated bots to bulk buy goods for resale.

Anybody have an idea how feasible this is?

Meller

Trying to play FIFA, servers down.
Trying to play NBA2K, problems regarding some online features. Fantastic! Only have a few hours a week to play so it's just great that these devs can't get their games to work.
Considering all the micro transactions in both games it's unreal that there are still problems like this. Pathetic.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Last week, Mr Chapman wrote to Nadine Dorries, the digital secretary, asking the government to reconsider prohibiting the use of automated bots to bulk buy goods for resale.

Nadine Dorries is fecking clueless anyway. You'd have more luck getting blood out of a stone.

caid

The retailer could make it more difficult, more complicated. But can't really stop it completely. Every step would make it more difficult for genuine customers too though, which doesn't really mix well with the retailers interests.
The government cant effect it really. They could force retailers to adopt some policies for uk customers or punish people after the fact but they have no meaningful control over internet retail

Smores

You can make it difficult or near on impossible but it depends on the retailer and it's not going to be feasible for many to go to those lengths. Most rely on captcha or standardised javascripts for queues and you can easily get around both.

They can obviously legislate but it'll still depend on retailers then reporting suspect cases. I'm not even sure they'd have enough information to pass on that would be worthwhile.

It's not difficult to queue jump with PS5 and i suspect most missing out are doing so because they lack that knowledge rather than bots.

b82REZ

The onus falls on the retailer. But most online shop fronts don't have the means or care enough to implement anything to stop it.

The only way to stop it is for people to stop buying from them but they're preying on people's FOMO.

Volumiza

acnumber9

The retailer could make it more difficult, more complicated. But can't really stop it completely. Every step would make it more difficult for genuine customers too though, which doesn't really mix well with the retailers interests.
The government cant effect it really. They could force retailers to adopt some policies for uk customers or punish people after the fact but they have no meaningful control over internet retail
They could at least make it illegal for shops to sell above RRP. The fact that you have a high street store like CEX encouraging this shit and selling way above RRP is a joke.

b82REZ

They could at least make it illegal for shops to sell above RRP. The fact that you have a high street store like CEX encouraging this shit and selling way above RRP is a joke.
That's a good point too. I go to CEX fairly regularly to trade in games and they always seem to have 1 or 2 PS5s/Series X in stock starting at about 750. That should be illegal 100%, but I'm sure they'd argue that they sell used "collectors items" for high amounts and these currently occupy this space.

Eventually the consoles will become more widely available and the scalpers will have to sell their remaining stock at cost or at a loss, but with the fluctaution of COVID on the industry I fear that's still a couple of years away.

Ainu

Seems like they're doing a "The Game Awards" sale on PSN now, they do a sale for everything these days. The end of year period is pretty much one long sale. Anyway, Kena is just €27.99, I'm definitely grabbing that. For anyone interested in Deathloop, 50% off seems like a great deal.

telstar96

Seems like they're doing a "The Game Awards" sale on PSN now, they do a sale for everything these days. The end of year period is pretty much one long sale. Anyway, Kena is just €27.99, I'm definitely grabbing that. For anyone interested in Deathloop, 50% off seems like a great deal.
Heard good things about Deathloop, so 50% looks like an absolute steal.

Since it's the The Game Awards tonight, that could mean new game announcements. Hopefully major ones as well.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
the fact Deathloop has been down by 50% in last few sales doesnt point to very promising sales

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
You can get a year of PS Plus on the PlayStation store for £24.99 currently. Best deal it's been for some time I think. For new subscribers or users without an active subscription.

May pick this up as mine has lapsed

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
the fact Deathloop has been down by 50% in last few sales doesnt point to very promising sales
Apparently, it didn't sell that well, no.

Although that was a month or two ago I read that, so maybe it's picked up a bit now. I know the physical sales weren't great. The lowest physical sales for an Arkane game so far I think it was.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Apparently, it didn't sell that well, no.

Although that was a month or two ago I read that, so maybe it's picked up a bit now. I know the physical sales weren't great. The lowest physical sales for an Arkane game so far I think it was.
Yeah, Arkane games never sell that well, and it was released at a slightly odd time with all the big hitters following shortly.

But then, there hasn't been many big hitters this year. Playstation marketed it hard, and people were desperate for next gen content. Thought it'd sell better than the likes of Prey for sure, even if that wasn't a new IP.

Ainu

Not sure if physical sales mean all that much anymore, especially since the pandemic started, but I wouldn't be surprised if Deathloop did poorly. Despite it's critical success, it still looks incredibly bland to me from everything I've seen. I can't put my finger on why, but it just doesn't appeal to me even a little bit, to the extent that I'm completely baffled by and even a little suspicious of the great reviews. Might be unfair, but there it is.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Not sure if physical sales mean all that much anymore, especially since the pandemic started, but I wouldn't be surprised if Deathloop did poorly. Despite it's critical success, it still looks incredibly bland to me from everything I've seen. I can't put my finger on why, but it just doesn't appeal to me even a little bit, to the extent that I'm completely baffled by and even a little suspicious of the great reviews. Might be unfair, but there it is.
Yeah, I'm the same. I haven't played it, but have no intention of playing it, either. I watched a lot of videos on it and it doesn't do anything for me. I can't believe some of the perfect scores it got. Again, haven't played it, so perhaps I shouldn't judge it too harshly, but it didn't look like anything special from the numerous videos I saw.

Although I'm not a fan of Arkane, either. I don't like how their games play. Something very "loose" about them.

Anustart89

You can get a year of PS Plus on the PlayStation store for £24.99 currently. Best deal it's been for some time I think. For new subscribers or users without an active subscription.

May pick this up as mine has lapsed
Thanks for this. Perfect timing. Got a new debit card a few months ago so my subscription was cancelled yesterday.

caid

I've always felt really cold towards Arkane's games. I've never played any of them for more than 20 mins but feel like i'd probably love them if i gave them more of a chance. I probably never will actually do that. Maybe its the art style or presentation or something?

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
I've always felt really cold towards Arkane's games. I've never played any of them for more than 20 mins but feel like i'd probably love them if i gave them more of a chance. I probably never will actually do that. Maybe its the art style or presentation or something?
Ooo yes. I really dislike Arkane's style and find them hollow exercises in open-world sandboxes, with no purpose or direction. Dishonored 2 was probably my least favourite game last gen and I only spent £8 on it. Even Prey - which IMO is their best game - ended up being lots of pointless drudgery.

Not that I have a PS5 but Returnal looked like such a better variation of whatever Deathloop was going for.

Last edited:

RedPed

Whatabouter.
https://news.sky.com/story/ps5-and-...-consoles-off-shelves-this-christmas-12488453

Absolutely boils my piss.

Claims he has a moral compass then covers his face for the photo and claims making people pay extra for an item because it's a luxury is justified.

I have zero respect for scalpers or people buying from them as they're enabling them.
That shouldn't be allowed. Disgraceful. I completely bypassed the PS4 and have been waiting patiently for the PS5 having to be content with he PS3 in the meantime. I don't remember doing it but must have registered interest with BT.

Anyway, short story. I logged into MyBT on Monday to get a new sim. I stumbled....and I mean genuinely stumbled on a link on the BT website telling me to use my special code to get a PS5? What code?? I thought it was some kind of gimmick as there was nothing on their site saying PS5s were in stock and available for purchase so I initially just dismissed it. However, I later clicked on it and it took me to the BT Shop site with various bundles on sale. I still thought it was a joke but clicked on it anyway, entered my code and lo and behold various options came up with two of them already sold out.

I got a bit panicky then, so clicked on the link and to my complete shock the number 1 appeared in the basket icon. Clicked on it and the usual payment options appeared with delivery in 1-3 days. I got the disc console with 2 dualsense controllers for £508.99. Opted to pay via PayPal for additional protection and it's completely surreal as the bloody thing arrived this morning. Even the ParcelForce guy was gobsmacked when I told him what was inside the parcel as he also believed they were not available. I told him to check his BT as he also had BT broadband.

I can't believe that last weekend the PS5 was not even on my radar and had given up all hope of getting one in the near future but now FOUR days later I've got in my hands. It's all a bit surreal. I'd already bought the 12 month PS Plus during the Black Friday event for £32.99 and have also took advantage of the half price offer on PlayStation Network. So I have two years of trouble-free PS Plus services.

I've also finished for the holidays today and don't go back to work until 5th Jan. I'd also bought a 4K 75" TV in the Black Friday sale (which is still unopened in its box) so I can't tell you how happy I am right now.

Last edited:

Volumiza

The unreal engine 5 matrix interactive tech demo is dead impressive. Hopefully that’s a taste of things to come when games fully adopt the current gen platforms, can’t wait.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
The unreal engine 5 matrix interactive tech demo is dead impressive. Hopefully that’s a taste of things to come when games fully adopt the current gen platforms, can’t wait.
I’m on it now, wow I’m blown away by it! If games can reach that standard then that’ll be incredible.

Volumiza

I’m on it now, wow I’m blown away by it! If games can reach that standard then that’ll be incredible.
Absolutely. It’s so easy for an old gamer like me to reminisce about the simple old days, especially when reading the greatest video game thread, but the way games and visuals have evolved is astonishing.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Absolutely. It’s so easy for an old gamer like me to reminisce about the simple old days, especially when reading the greatest video game thread, but the way games and visuals have evolved is astonishing.
How did you get the code for this preview?

DavelinaJolie

The onus falls on the retailer. But most online shop fronts don't have the means or care enough to implement anything to stop it.
Nor should they, they are selling their units.

Asking the government to intervene really is pathetic. And they shouldn't because the scalpers are being enterprising.

I really don't get the fuss over all of this. I was watching a PS5 bundle on an online store this week that was available for 3 hours, came with four games, and probably a better deal than scalpers. These babies should just install a stock alert app and be patient.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
That shouldn't be allowed. Disgraceful. I completely bypassed the PS4 and have been waiting patiently for the PS5 having to be content with he PS3 in the meantime. I don't remember doing it but must have registered interest with BT.

Anyway, short story. I logged into MyBT on Monday to get a new sim. I stumbled....and I mean genuinely stumbled on a link on the BT website telling me to use my special code to get a PS5? What code?? I thought it was some kind of gimmick as there was nothing on their site saying PS5s were in stock and available for purchase so I initially just dismissed it. However, I later clicked on it and it took me to the BT Shop site with various bundles on sale. I still thought it was a joke but clicked on it anyway, entered my code and lo and behold various options came up with two of them already sold out.

I got a bit panicky then, so clicked on the link and to my complete shock the number 1 appeared in the basket icon. Clicked on it and the usual payment options appeared with delivery in 1-3 days. I got the disc console with 2 dualsense controllers for £508.99. Opted to pay via PayPal for additional protection and it's completely surreal as the bloody thing arrived this morning. Even the ParcelForce guy was gobsmacked when I told him what was inside the parcel as he also believed they were not available. I told him to check his BT as he also had BT broadband.

I can't believe that last weekend the PS5 was not even on my radar and had given up all hope of getting one in the near future but now FOUR days later I've got in my hands. It's all a bit surreal. I'd already bought the 12 month PS Plus during the Black Friday event for £32.99 and have also took advantage of the half price offer on PlayStation Network. So I have two years of trouble-free PS Plus services.

I've also finished for the holidays today and don't go back to work until 5th Jan. I'd also bought a 4K 75" TV in the Black Friday sale (which is still unopened in its box) so I can't tell you how happy I am right now.
Nicely played!

b82REZ

Nor should they, they are selling their units.

Asking the government to intervene really is pathetic. And they shouldn't because the scalpers are being enterprising.

I really don't get the fuss over all of this. I was watching a PS5 bundle on an online store this week that was available for 3 hours, came with four games, and probably a better deal than scalpers. These babies should just install a stock alert app and be patient.
Enterprising cnuts