Gaming PlayStation 5

Smores

Played it years ago, but didn't really get into. I think part of the problem was that I just finished Zelda BOTW before and Horizon didn't live up to that extremely high standard for me. Will definitely give it another shot though now that's it's included in PS Now. Always thought it looks really interesting.
I never play top games back to back for this very reason. You need a palate cleanser in between.

b82REZ

I enjoyed Worms Rumble. First game I've played that used the trigger resistance for guns.

Also as far as I can tell the Rainbow 6 Siege update didn't really add too many PS5 enhancements. The game feels the same to play.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I enjoyed Worms Rumble. First game I've played that used the trigger resistance for guns.

Also as far as I can tell the Rainbow 6 Siege update didn't really add too many PS5 enhancements. The game feels the same to play.
Does it look next generation? Was toying with buying this again to try it.

littlepeasoup

So I've played 3 hours of ghost of Tsushima.... and I'm loving it. Those visuals are so good I keep stopping to take in the views.

I'm already desperate to do all the things on the map. 60fps on PS5 and super fast load times. This is how you should make open world games.
I think it’s a fantastic game, and tbh the load times were brilliant on PS4 too, no idea how they did it.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Just managed to complete and platinum Astros which is made more impressive by the fact I am meant to have had work the last two days... Only took 6 hours but it was a really charming game.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
If Amazon are sending replacements for stolen or broken stock I reckon we are pretty close to the next wave of stock being available.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
I think it’s a fantastic game, and tbh the load times were brilliant on PS4 too, no idea how they did it.
The more of it I play the more I love it. I skip cut-scenes and dialogue in most games as I just want to get on with killing stuff. Not for this. It's not that the story is particularly incredible, it's decent though of course, but rather that the visual side of it makes it far easier to want to sit back and take it all in and you welcome the gaps between action.

I often run out of steam in open world games and have to take a big break in the middle before coming back to complete them, but for this I think I'm in it until the end.

AaronRedDevil

Just now found out there’s no community thing on the PS5. Ffs! The only good place to find a club was on the fifa community chat from.

TrustInJanuzaj

Loving Spiderman remastered so far! I can see why it was so popular. I'm not a massive superhero fan on the whole but there's something that doesn't seem to get old about swinging as fast as you can through New York, it's just incredible. Does Miles Morales look the exact same as this or is it even further enhanced?

Andy_Cole

Loving Spiderman remastered so far! I can see why it was so popular. I'm not a massive superhero fan on the whole but there's something that doesn't seem to get old about swinging as fast as you can through New York, it's just incredible. Does Miles Morales look the exact same as this or is it even further enhanced?
I started with MM so would like to know if the remastered looks as good!

Last edited:

AaronRedDevil

Where do you find the deals section on the ps5. I really hate this UI look. Some parts have too much going on and others are just empty

AaronRedDevil

Really? I'm finding it quite intuitive.
Actually just found out there isn’t even a Deals section whatsoever on the PS5 store. The Black Friday or New Years sale. What were Sony thinking. I somewhat like it, but there’s so much missing, takes like 5 button presses to just go into your messages where on the PS4 it was just one. Very stupid you have to do it through you’re PS4 or Phone App just to see what’s sales are up.

Last edited:

TrustInJanuzaj

Actually just found out there isn’t even a Deals section whatsoever on the PS5 store. The Black Friday or New Years sale. What were Sony thinking. I somewhat like it, but there’s so much missing, takes like 5 button presses to just go into your messages where on the PS4 it was just one. Very stupid you have to do it through you’re PS4 or Phone App just to see what’s sales are up.
Ah yeh that’s a good spot and a definite oversight! Surely they will add things like that in over time.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Actually just found out there isn’t even a bloody Deals section whatsoever on the PS5 store. The Black Friday or New Years sale. What were Sony thinking about. I somewhat like it, but there’s so much missing, takes like 5 button presses to just go into your messages where on the PS4 it was just one. Very stupid you have to do it through you’re PS4 or Phone App just to see what’s sales are up.
I thought the same but it's there in the store, I saw it a few days ago for the black friday sale.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
I thought the same but it's there in the store, I saw it a few days ago for the black friday sale.
That was just a specific Black Friday feature though I think rather than general Deals section

afrocentricity

That was just a specific Black Friday feature though I think rather than general Deals section
Yeah I was one of those complaining about there not being a deals section, but then I saw it while browsing earlier this week. If there is no deals section now then it's either a bug or by choice, obfuscation? You decide...

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Yeah I was one of those complaining about there not being a deals section, but then I saw it while browsing earlier this week. If there is no deals section now then it's either a bug or by choice, obfuscation? You decide...
Oh right, maybe it's just hard to find or awkward like most of the other things you'd want to do on this console

afrocentricity

Oh right, maybe it's just hard to find or awkward like most of the other things you'd want to do on this console
Aside from powering it off I haven't found it to be awkward (the opposite of anything), but the intermittently missing deal section thing is suspect.

Minkaro

Traded my PS4 in at CEX, and got five games in return. Witcher 3, Ni No Kuni/Ni No Kuni II, Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot, and Crash 4. I feel like those first three might take me well into 2022.

Started playing Wreckfest as well (so I'm balancing that with Yakuza 0, Mortal Kombat X and Broforce). It's pretty fun. I'm always a sucker for those car games that are more about crashing than racing (I can't put into words how annoyed I was that they remastered Burnout Paradise and not Takedown, the BASTARDS).

Some of the BugSnax are genuinely infuriating to capture.

feck you Noodler
The Preying Picantis was the one for me. Not sure why, there's others that use the same tactic, but he just kept exploding

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
I JUST MANAGED TO ORDER ONE FROM ARGOS!

TrustInJanuzaj

Aside from powering it off I haven't found it to be awkward (the opposite of anything), but the intermittently missing deal section thing is suspect.
What’s up it’s the power off? Press the ps button, down, left, off. That’s probably faster for me than the PS4.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
On Amazon now, 1 per customer.

I hate myself for it but I’ve bought a second because I just don’t trust the order to be at Argos when I collect it later.