Gaming PlayStation 5

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Anyone have any recommendations for a two player fun/adventure games to play with girlfriend? Using one console (two controllers).

caid

Anyone have any recommendations for a two player fun/adventure games to play with girlfriend? Using one console (two controllers).
Diablo 3 was fun. Pretty old now though, not sure its on ps5. Streets of Rage 4 was very good actually

Tiber

overcooked is good fun, but got a bit daft when the levels started tilting :lol:

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Gauntlet 2, easy to play and quite fun. Not overly complicated.

Lara croft and the temple of Osiris I think it's called. Little bit more complicated than gauntlet but nowhere near diablo levels, so a nice way to get her used to things.

Diablo 3. Epic if you can get her an hour or two into it so she has learned the basics and can figure out the rest on her own :drool:

The Mrs likes both of them.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Many thanks to you all guys - will give them all a crack!

It's such a shame that Portal isn't on the Playstation store.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Bit fecked off after dropping my PS3 controller and breaking it. I ordered a knock off on Amazon but it isn't the same. The toggles are not as smooth. But finding cheap original replacements is proving difficult.

Will a PS4 or PS5 controller work on PS3? Or can anybody recommend a knock-off PS3 controller that's as good as a Sony?

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Bit fecked off after dropping my PS3 controller and breaking it. I ordered a knock off on Amazon but it isn't the same. The toggles are not as smooth. But finding cheap original replacements is proving difficult.

Will a PS4 or PS5 controller work on PS3? Or can anybody recommend a knock-off PS3 controller that's as good as a Sony?
You checked on eBay? I am seeing new ones on there

Bojan11

Controllers have been in short supply for a while. You will struggle to find a new PS3 controller as manufacturing for the console finished and it looks like the same might be happening with the PS4 soon. It’s started in Japan.

Do you have a PS3 remote? As you can’t use the home button, if you plug in a PS4 controller. Which means if you on a game with a PS4 controller you can’t quit it. You can’t even access your full library.

I would have a look at eBay from a UK buyer or CEX for a used one as like you said there’s a lot of fakes flying around.

Grinner

Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Controllers have been in short supply for a while. You will struggle to find a new PS3 controller as manufacturing for the console finished and it looks like the same might be happening with the PS4 soon. It’s started in Japan.

Do you have a PS3 remote? As you can’t use the home button, if you plug in a PS4 controller. Which means if you on a game with a PS4 controller you can’t quit it. You can’t even access your full library.

I would have a look at eBay from a UK buyer or CEX for a used one as like you said there’s a lot of fakes flying around.
Thanks for the CEX tip. I just ordered one from them for 35 euros and free shipping

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Someone found some gameplay of Destruction Allstars hidden in the Share Factory app on PS5. Only a short clip.

Ladron de redcafe

I thought they were sturdier than the newer ones. Surprised it broke.

Since we're on the topic, do you know whether it's possible to play PS3 games on PS5? Or is there no backwards emulation that extends that far back?

Grinner

Staff
Supports
Arsenal

Since we're on the topic, do you know whether it's possible to play PS3 games on PS5? Or is there no backwards emulation that extends that far back?
It's taken a few hits over the years. I actually took it apart and managed to fix the initial problem, but after reassembly found a new problem so just decided to get a new one.

Ladron de redcafe

It's taken a few hits over the years. I actually took it apart and managed to fix the initial problem, but after reassembly found a new problem so just decided to get a new one.
For what it's worth, they have some reasonably priced PS3 controllers are xxl-sale.co.uk

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Anyone remember Destruction Derby on the Original PS? Brings back memories.
Yes!

Destruction Derby 2 in particular. I think they had car damage on that where your doors and bonnets, etc, could fall off. I remember thinking that was the coolest shit in the world.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling

You'll be able to stream them using PS Now. But you can't download them to the console or obviously use the disk.

Andy_Cole

Just completed Spider-Man MM - absolutely loved it. Visually incredible. Not played the first one yet. But this is one of the best games I’ve played.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Yes!

Destruction Derby 2 in particular. I think they had car damage on that where your doors and bonnets, etc, could fall off. I remember thinking that was the coolest shit in the world.
Your radiators blown.... You've wrecked your car!

Ladron de redcafe

You'll be able to stream them using PS Now. But you can't download them to the console or obviously use the disk.
Thank you. I had a PlayStation plus subscription which recently expired. I'll try this other option. It would be interesting to play some of the old games.

Bojan11

Ok Sony...
You should have bought one because it seems like it was a scam.

The website's Twitter account @SUP3R5OFFICIAL has now been deleted. While reports are certainly mixed at this stage, we've seen evidence that some users have received a full refund via PayPal, while others are still waiting. Some users are also stating that they were unable to delete their payment information from SUP3R5's website, which is currently still live.

The black PS5 from SUP3R5 officially sold out after going on sale on January 8, but all orders were cancelled after the team behind the nostalgic makeover apparently received "credible threats" to their safety.

In a statement via their now deleted Twitter account, the SUP3R5 team said: "Last night, our team began receiving credible threats to their safety. We take these threats seriously. We aren't willing to risk the safety and well-being of our team, or the potential impact this would bring on your order."

Smores

Just completed Spider-Man MM - absolutely loved it. Visually incredible. Not played the first one yet. But this is one of the best games I’ve played.
It's a truly fantastic game. Disappointing how short it was but it's concise story actually made a really enjoyable experience. It's a lot lot better than the original in my view.

Huge games tend to be top of my list but i do think there's something to be said for shorter games perhaps with stories built out further via paid DLC. I'm guessing DLC take up is quite low so they instead pad games out with filler to justify the costs.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Anyone remember Destruction Derby on the Original PS? Brings back memories.
Yes!

Yes!

Wreckfest is a very good modern game that's very similar to DD 1 and 2. I've been really enjoying it lately.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
It is annoying. A few of my friends are telling me to get something else but I want the Sony ones, I like things matching. I swear I would love to get my hands on some of these scalpers, absolute scum of the earth.
I’m the same! I want the goddamn playstation headphones for the god damn playstation console :lol:

hobbers

Help me understand why Ghost is an amazing game? For me its quite like AC with a touch better combat. ITs still just riding around to rather uninspiring quests or tasks in a extremely beautiful setting
It's AC but with better combat and visuals, and even more pointless side quests and collectibles to waste your time on.