Gaming PlayStation 5

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Anyone had any similar problems to this? Trying to transfer Days gone from my SSD back to my HDD, it completes the moving process, gets to the end of the bar, and then nothing happens, until I manually press cancel and the process ends.

Tiber

I've always wanted a proper Harry Potter RPG, don't care how long it takes as long as it's great

hobbers

Harry Potter will be the first of many announced games with long delays me thinks.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Keep trying matey, you’ll get there. Painful launch supply though eh? And scalping should be made a criminal offence.
Almost a perfect storm. Crazy demand, partly increased by Covid. Manufacturing delays causing supply shortages, partly made worse by Covid. And Brexit which may or may not speculatively be impacting quantity delivered to the UK.

And 100% on scalpers, even when the next stock drop happens I’m not even remotely confident I’ll even get a chance to buy one because scalpers will get there first. Infuriating!

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Can't believe how little communication there's been regarding stock. It's like they want to feed the frenzy there is over it. Luckily I stopped looking after initial drops but my young nephew wants it for his birthday so I've just been having a look and there's still no info. The discord chats I originally joined are like ghost towns.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
even when the next stock drop happens I’m not even remotely confident I’ll even get a chance to buy one because scalpers will get there first. Infuriating!
Yeah, it’s awful. I managed to get one through my phone provider EE. Never even thought of looking there.

Tiber

Can't believe how little communication there's been regarding stock. It's like they want to feed the frenzy there is over it. Luckily I stopped looking after initial drops but my young nephew wants it for his birthday so I've just been having a look and there's still no info. The discord chats I originally joined are like ghost towns.
Suppose there is nothing to communicate if no stock exists.

pocco

loco
Suppose there is nothing to communicate if no stock exists.
Maybe I've missed it, but they should communicate that. Give people updates on production, shipping etc as it is pretty much happening. At the moment we've got companies giving dates that aren't being met and people scavenging around every day looking for stock that doe's even exist. Save people the stress and tell them clearly what the situation is.

b82REZ

Maybe I've missed it, but they should communicate that. Give people updates on production, shipping etc as it is pretty much happening. At the moment we've got companies giving dates that aren't being met and people scavenging around every day looking for stock that doe's even exist. Save people the stress and tell them clearly what the situation is.
Update: there is no update.

Balljy

The problem is it would be on Sony to do that and they could only give figures like "20,000 to the UK in January".

The stores have no more idea than we do really apart from some general knowledge of when stock will be arriving in the UK. The issue is they don't order from Sony directly, but get their stock from suppliers who receive it from Sony's manufacturers. They will place orders for a quantity but there will be no indication of exactly when it will be received as the supplier doesn't know that info when the order is placed. They then get a few days knowledge when the supplier says x PS5's will be coming to them and the rest will arrive later and the retailers have to put up with whatever they receive.

pocco

loco
The problem is it would be on Sony to do that and they could only give figures like "20,000 to the UK in January".

The stores have no more idea than we do really apart from some general knowledge of when stock will be arriving in the UK. The issue is they don't order from Sony directly, but get their stock from suppliers who receive it from Sony's manufacturers. They will place orders for a quantity but there will be no indication of exactly when it will be received as the supplier doesn't know that info when the order is placed. They then get a few days knowledge when the supplier says x PS5's will be coming to them and the rest will arrive later and the retailers have to put up with whatever they receive.
Yeah I meant from Sony. They're dictating the situation, they should provide updates.

rotherham_red

Yeah, to be honest, I have such a large back catalogue of games to play I kind of need a small break without any major game releases. I have to finish AC Valhalla, then I'll jump into Miles Morales. I also want to jump into some of my older games that I never finished such as Ghost of Tsushima, Days Gone and potentially Fallout 4. If that can tide me over for a while then Cyberpunk may have been updated/fixed and I can do playthrough number two. Good time for gaming.
As someone who missed out on the PS3 and PS4 (and pretty much the latter half of the PS2) I've decided to catch up on the games series' I missed like MGS, RDR, Devil May Cry etc on PSNow before jumping on to the PS5 games. I'm wagering that by the time I clear my backlog etc, the PS5 games I would like to play will be cheaper and may even have their GOTY Editions available by then.

Dave_MUFC

As someone who missed out on the PS3 and PS4 (and pretty much the latter half of the PS2) I've decided to catch up on the games series' I missed like MGS, RDR, Devil May Cry etc on PSNow before jumping on to the PS5 games. I'm wagering that by the time I clear my backlog etc, the PS5 games I would like to play will be cheaper and may even have their GOTY Editions available by then.
In the same boat with regards to missing out on the PS4. I've so far completed Spiderman Remastered, and currently working through God of War, Ratchet and Clank, and the first Uncharted, while in my collection I've still got Horizon, Death Stranding, Nioh, Days Gone, Last of Us Remastered, Bloodborne, Shadow of the Colossus, Last Guardian. Plus the sequels to Last of Us and Uncharted! So it should keep me busy for a fair while considering it takes me at least a month to complete one game.

Then if I manage to finish though, there's still a few classics on PSNow to play, so I'm in no rush to buy new games on day one, except for probably Gran Turismo 7.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Been looking into Returnal. The more I hear/see the better it sounds/looks, I hope it's good.

caid

+1 for not having a ps4.
I'm playing Last Guardian atm, which took me a while to get into but is pretty brilliant. Runs really smoothly on PS5 which is new apparently?
Same with bloodborne i saw that on a base ps4 when it was released and it was pretty choppy and rough in terms of fps wasn't it? Runs really smooth and sharp on ps5, really enjoyed that despite expecting to get annoyed and bored of it after an hour.
Best thing about the PS5 is the PS4 library at the moment. Dont think i've really played a PS5 game yet.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Same with bloodborne i saw that on a base ps4 when it was released and it was pretty choppy and rough in terms of fps wasn't it? Runs really smooth and sharp on ps5, really enjoyed that despite expecting to get annoyed and bored of it after an hour.
Never played it on PS4 but loving how fast it is to load on PS5. The improvements to the PS4 games on the whole alone make it a worthwhile buy if you only had a launch PS4 like me.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Been looking into Returnal. The more I hear/see the better it sounds/looks, I hope it's good.
I posted a short gameplay video of it in this thread somewhere, and it looks really good. I'm an Housemarque fan so I'm confident they're gonna nail it (although I don't think some of their recent games did that well), but I still feel as if I can't actually grasp what the game is. I think it will be fun if nothing else.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Never played it on PS4 but loving how fast it is to load on PS5. The improvements to the PS4 games on the whole alone make it a worthwhile buy if you only had a launch PS4 like me.
Have they done any updates to Bloodborne then? It's probably my favourite game on PS4, but I haven't read of any next-gen updates. Or is it just the loading times?

rotherham_red

In the same boat with regards to missing out on the PS4. I've so far completed Spiderman Remastered, and currently working through God of War, Ratchet and Clank, and the first Uncharted, while in my collection I've still got Horizon, Death Stranding, Nioh, Days Gone, Last of Us Remastered, Bloodborne, Shadow of the Colossus, Last Guardian. Plus the sequels to Last of Us and Uncharted! So it should keep me busy for a fair while considering it takes me at least a month to complete one game.

Then if I manage to finish though, there's still a few classics on PSNow to play, so I'm in no rush to buy new games on day one, except for probably Gran Turismo 7.
+1 for not having a ps4.
I'm playing Last Guardian atm, which took me a while to get into but is pretty brilliant. Runs really smoothly on PS5 which is new apparently?
Best thing about the PS5 is the PS4 library at the moment. Dont think i've really played a PS5 game yet.
Yeah, I went a bit doo-lally on the PS Store January sales (as well as the cheaper physical game sites like The Game Collection) and got a lot more games than just the ones I mentioned, haha!

I think all in all, it will probably take me the best part of a year to 18 months to complete the backlog that I've developed and I won't be buying another PS5 game until then (even if I really want to get Ragnarok when it releases!).

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Jedi Fallen Order got a next-gen patch. Seems like a pretty stable 60fps on the PS5, with a few hitches here and there. Overall it seems like they did a good job. I still haven't played this game yet. I may check it out considering they released this update.

For those who have played it, is it any good?

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Jedi Fallen Order got a next-gen patch. Seems like a pretty stable 60fps on the PS5, with a few hitches here and there. Overall it seems like they did a good job. I still haven't played this game yet. I may check it out considering they released this update.

For those who have played it, is it any good?

Nothing special but it's good fun. They pretty much nailed the lightsaber combat. They story is fine. There's a bit too much repetition and revisiting old areas. One of the better recent Star Wars games.

Dave_MUFC

Nothing special but it's good fun. They pretty much nailed the lightsaber combat. They story is fine. There's a bit too much repetition and revisiting old areas. One of the better recent Star Wars games.
Only gripe I had, was with the saving system. Made me switch to story mode difficulty about 75% of the way through, as I just got sick of dieing and having to wait ages for a load screen and replay the same bit over again.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Only gripe I had, was with the saving system. Made me switch to story mode difficulty about 75% of the way through, as I just got sick of dieing and having to wait ages for a load screen and replay the same bit over again.
I played on PC so the loading screens were quick for me, but yeah I heard about those gripes.

I'd imagine the ps5 version wouldn't have that problem?

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Cheers

I think you can pick it up for £24, so it may be worth that then. It looks quite fun. Yeah, I did hear that you visit the same areas a few times. Metroidvania style.

Dave_MUFC

I played on PC so the loading screens were quick for me, but yeah I heard about those gripes.

I'd imagine the ps5 version wouldn't have that problem?
Yeah I think loading would be much quicker. Saving system was still an annoyance to me though. I got lost and ended up near a old save point, decided to save as I didn't want to die and go through about 30 minutes of gameplay again, then realised I was going the wrong way, but couldn't get back to where I had to. So had to spend about 45 minutes going all the way back around, fighting all the old enemies again, just to get back to where I started.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Definitely got my eye on Outriders at the moment. PS5 version won't hit until after the April 1st launch, but if reviews are good then I'll happily get ps4 version first as the ps5 upgrade will be free anyway.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I posted a short gameplay video of it in this thread somewhere, and it looks really good. I'm an Housemarque fan so I'm confident they're gonna nail it (although I don't think some of their recent games did that well), but I still feel as if I can't actually grasp what the game is. I think it will be fun if nothing else.
Yeah I'm cautiously optimistic, I'm kinda sold on the combat, mechanics, etc... Just hoping there's a bit of narrative behind it all. Where's your video?