Gaming PlayStation 5

Irwin99

That was pretty uninteresting for me. Although the Yuffie FF7 DLC was intriguing (i'm guessing it's not free DLC though?)

Tiber

Did they even cover Ratchet and Clank? I was a couple of mins late, maybe it was at the very start

Rustyspider13

Looks like I'm playing through FF7R again later this year. Hope the dlc isn't too costly.

Sifu was the highlight of the show for me. Apart from that, I wanted and got Solar Ash and Kena updates, so decent show overall. They're clearly saving the big hitters for E3 time. Still no March PS+ games is surprising, wonder what that's about.

Irwin99

Nope. Said at the end you pay after the free PS5 upgrade
Well I won't be buyin.....ow, who am I kidding, I know i'll buy it.

Looks like they're really going all out to include absolutely everything in the FF7 cannon as people have said there's apparently a character from Dirge of Cerberus in it.

Minkaro

Sifu, Kena and Deathloop look interesting, might add them to my rental list.

FNAF - I've not played the series, but this is the first time you've been able to actually go "out and about," right? - that seems like a pretty major change, and I wonder how fans will take to it.

Dodgeball The Game - oh joy, another identikit battle royale style game.

b82REZ

I thought Returnal was some Gears clone, that trailer last night and the fact it's a roguelike have really piqued my interest.

Thought the gameplay looked amazing, and I've just seen it's made by the studio that made Resogun. Expecting good things from this one.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I am glad Playstation exclusivity is slowly becoming thing of the past with so many past and future PS exclusives coming to PC too as was mentioned in the Jim Ryan interview. They felt that good money from Horizon Zero Dawn sales on PC and saw how "There is no profit on PC" is a myth.

Any exclusivity should be a thing of the past.
Think they'll start out life as only on PS, but then after a few months start to release them onto PC. The moment the give parity to PC o
A lot of you jumping on that £70! I don't think I've ever paid more than £45 for a PlayStation game. Might push it to £50 this gen but I'm not keen on that £70 price at all.
i'm with you on that. £70 is too steep especially when most of the games aren't even finished and need multiple patches to put it right.

Unless it's a multiplayer game that requires you to play it / keep up with it in real time, i'd personally just wait a few weeks for the game to get discounted and then grab it.

I've often got 2/3 laying around that I haven't even started yet to keep me busy until that point.

I guess it depends on the FOMO, some people just like to play it ASAP to feel relevant.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Bit underwhelming that State of Play. Don't really think there was much need in having it to be honest. I will say the gameplay for Returnal looks really fun. Deathloop looks ok; I'm not completely sold on it really. And I'm not sure why they're holding off on the PS Plus games announcement. Don't think they've done that before, so that's pretty odd.

Tiber

Atleast the Astrobot team is safe.

Not surprised a team that wanted to focus on the Japanese market is being shut down, Nintendo has basically taken over that market with handhelds

b82REZ

That's good.

Interesting to see that people who own the Series X haven't complained about there not being enough storage on the SSD though I suppose it's not as big a problem when there's no games to install.
All the 360 games on gamepass are small files

Bojan11

That's good.

Interesting to see that people who own the Series X haven't complained about there not being enough storage on the SSD though I suppose it's not as big a problem when there's no games to install.
Nope, I got 1tb extra storage, and Xbox has over 100GB extra storage than PS5, so it's not a big issue for now.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
That's good.

I don't think the Series X automatically records media for when someone gets an achievement, whereas PS5 does by default, so that might be a bit of an issue too.

caid

All the 360 games on gamepass are small files
That'd be nice. 90% of games i own on playstation are the equivalent.
The network side of the playstation is still dogshit. I kind of got over it and dealt with it on PS3 but i kind of expected they would have improved over the course of 4's life. Feels much the same.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
That'd be nice. 90% of games i own on playstation are the equivalent.
The network side of the playstation is still dogshit. I kind of got over it and dealt with it on PS3 but i kind of expected they would have improved over the course of 4's life. Feels much the same.
The network is dogshit?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I don’t think I can carry on using the Pulse headset. I’m sure it’s making me feel a bit sick/nauseous.

It feels really tight on my head and like it’s putting lots of pressure on it. I have pull it away from my ears every few minutes because of how uncomfortable it is. Makes my ears so hot as well.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I don’t think I can carry on using the Pulse headset. I’m sure it’s making me feel a bit sick/nauseous.

It feels really tight on my head and like it’s putting lots of pressure on it. I have pull it away from my ears every few minutes because of how uncomfortable it is. Makes my ears so hot as well.
Well that’s me gone then. :lol:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I’d say I have a regular size head :lol: it just feels so tight the way it snaps on. Like it’s pushing on the blood flow or something. I feel incredibly nauseous now after wearing them for about half an hour.

I’ve googled and some people have complained it’s given then bad migraines and such.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
They're not the comfiest headphones ever but I can't say I've had any issues wearing them for an hour or so at a time.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I got the headset last week and I’m a bit disappointed so far. I thought the 3D sound would be awesome but I can barely experience it. I’ve got really good hearing in terms of sound sensitivity and frequency range but I think I might be one of the unlucky people who just don’t hear the sound as a 3D experience.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
I got the headset last week and I’m a bit disappointed so far. I thought the 3D sound would be awesome but I can barely experience it. I’ve got really good hearing in terms of sound sensitivity and frequency range but I think I might be one of the unlucky people who just don’t hear the sound as a 3D experience.
You know you have to turn them on.

Bojan11

Thank you for sharing.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
How do people keep track of who has stock and who doesn't?

I know I'm not the only one but I have not come close to getting one so far.

b82REZ

Did the switcheroo with my faulty controller yesterday.

The turn around time from Sony is unreasonable, especially if you only have one controller. I was lucky it was my spare controller that was faulty but it's meant I've not played any coop games.

I hope it was a one off and I don't end up having controllers breaking every couple of months.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
I’d say I have a regular size head :lol: it just feels so tight the way it snaps on. Like it’s pushing on the blood flow or something. I feel incredibly nauseous now after wearing them for about half an hour.

I’ve googled and some people have complained it’s given then bad migraines and such.
I have this problem with glasses. Always thought my head was normal size until I went to Specsavers