Gaming PlayStation 5

red4ever 79

Yeah mine does after it's been off for 10-15 mins, I put it down to the plastic expanding as well.
Ok good to know its not just mine. Doesn't the occasional pop when it's on, but more when u turn it off. Must be the plastic expanding as its cooling down (I hope haha)

Bebe

Is this a common issue then? Oddly one of mine started drifting down on the right stick yesterday.
I've had the issue as well, one of my controllers left joystick has my character walking forward constantly. Got the controller with the console in April.

Have people had bad experiences sending them to Sony for replacements?

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Anyone here play outriders? Thinking of picking it up for £20. Played it on gamepass before but CBA turning the Xbox on these days.

Obviously I'd prefer to play with others if anyone else has it.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Really enjoying Kena, well worth the £32.

Upto the Corrupted Taro which is much tougher than anything I’ve faced so far. Didn’t expect the difficulty to be as high, sort of expected an easy going game so pleasantly surprised there are challenging parts.

My only real gripe so far is the lack of a mini map or the option to place markers on your world map. When you’re looking for collectibles and such it makes it much more time consuming.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!

Upto the Corrupted Taro which is much tougher than anything I’ve faced so far. Didn’t expect the difficulty to be as high, sort of expected an easy going game so pleasantly surprised there are challenging parts.

My only real gripe so far is the lack of a mini map or the option to place markers on your world map. When you’re looking for collectibles and such it makes it much more time consuming.
If it helps, he's actually probably the hardest boss until the last boss (who is so, so, so tough). Took me around 20 goes to beat him, he's so much harder than anything until that point. There are quite a few difficult bosses after him, too, though.

Agree with the mini map, and stuff like markers for rot you've already found would've been nice.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"

Is it really hard? I'm considering picking it up for my dad for Christmas but the man has no patience for games with any sort of challenge.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Is it really hard? I'm considering picking it up for my dad for Christmas but the man has no patience for games with any sort of challenge.
From what I’ve played so far most of the game isn’t ‘hard’ but there are some challenging bosses which will require patience as you learn the enemies moves/strategy and how to combat them.

Bosws87

Ratchet would be the better choice if that's the case depending on hasn't played it and would like it.

RonaldoVII

Does anyone recommend the Pulse 3D headset, or a preferred alternative? My Turtle Beach headset I've had for 10 years or so is now failing me and I need a replacement. Preferably wireless and one I can use for other things such as on my laptop etc.

I don't play many games that need a high quality but more for in game chat etc.

STaphouse

Supports
Reading
Does anyone recommend the Pulse 3D headset, or a preferred alternative? My Turtle Beach headset I've had for 10 years or so is now failing me and I need a replacement. Preferably wireless and one I can use for other things such as on my laptop etc.

These are better (imo):

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SteelSerie...7p&qid=1637922028&sprefix=arct,aps,265&sr=8-1

The Arctis' were a lot more comfortable to wear. The mic is also a lot clearer when talking to other people.

red4ever 79

I got it a month ago, I wasnt disappointed at all, however I am not a technical guy.

Just ordered 2 controllers for Xmas presents, 1 black and 1 red (had trouble finding a red one in stock)

Bosws87

These are better (imo):

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SteelSeries-Arctis-7P-Wireless-PlayStation/dp/B08H4YMC22/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2J45TB548AW15&keywords=arctis+7p&qid=1637922028&sprefix=arct,aps,265&sr=8-1

The Arctis' were a lot more comfortable to wear. The mic is also a lot clearer when talking to other people.
I've got the Arctis Pro Wireless that i use across PC/PS5 they are fantastic the Battery charger and spare battery mean you are never left without charging, but the price is a stumbling block these look like a good middle ground.

I also have the pulse headset, but i never use it the comfort isn't great and a bit plastic but the sound is good enough

Deery

Dreary
These are better (imo):

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SteelSeries-Arctis-7P-Wireless-PlayStation/dp/B08H4YMC22/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2J45TB548AW15&keywords=arctis+7p&qid=1637922028&sprefix=arct,aps,265&sr=8-1

Do these work on PS5 also? Thinking on getting a pair of headphones for Christmas but don’t want to spend crazy these look in my price bracket, what does anyone else say?

STaphouse

Supports
Reading
Do these work on PS5 also? Thinking on getting a pair of headphones for Christmas but don’t want to spend crazy these look in my price bracket, what does anyone else say?
Yes they do.

They come with a USB-C dongle that plugs into the front of the PS5. The headphones automatically connect to the dongle so you don't need to set them up. The only issue is that the dongle does cover up the USB slot at the front of the PS5 so you lose a slot.

Deery

Dreary
Yes they do.

They come with a USB-C dongle that plugs into the front of the PS5. The headphones automatically connect to the dongle so you don't need to set them up. The only issue is that the dongle does cover up the USB slot at the front of the PS5 so you lose a slot.
Does this mean you can’t charge your controller at the same time because that could be an issue?

Ainu

Does this mean you can’t charge your controller at the same time because that could be an issue?
There's two USB ports at the back of the PS5 so you can use those to charge a controller. Might be annoying if you want to play with that controller wired and cable length is an issue.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Seeing as I'm going to be a bachelor soon with my own pad, I've been thinking of getting a decent steering wheel set up for the PS5 when GT7 arrives. Never owned one before, what's generally the best unit?

Deery

Dreary
There's two USB ports at the back of the PS5 so you can use those to charge a controller. Might be annoying if you want to play with that controller wired and cable length is an issue.
Yeah I usually play for several hours at a time so prefer it to be wired, the cable wouldn’t be long enough as you say.

b82REZ

I gathered that aye, never runs low on battery this way and I’m always in the same position wireless or not so just keep it plugged in.
You'll get 8-10 hours easily before you need to recharge. I can't imagine playing while tethered to a console. It's 2021, get with the times grandad.

Deery

Dreary
You'll get 8-10 hours easily before you need to recharge. I can't imagine playing while tethered to a console. It's 2021, get with the times grandad.
Maybe I should be in the ‘Old fashioned thread’ instead. Just feels safer having it plugged in.

b82REZ

Maybe I should be in the ‘Old fashioned thread’ instead. Just feels safer having it plugged in.
I'm sure it actually has a detrimental affect on the battery. You're supposed to let it drain. I had a PS3 controller I kept plugged in for ages and after that it'd never hold charge.

Deery

Dreary
I'm sure it actually has a detrimental affect on the battery. You're supposed to let it drain. I had a PS3 controller I kept plugged in for ages and after that it'd never hold charge.
Probably true mines doesn’t hold a lot of charge either, I don’t think I’d get 8h out of it for example.

b82REZ

Probably true mines doesn’t hold a lot of charge either, I don’t think I’d get 8h out of it for example.
I have two controllers and I alternate if the battery gets low when I'm playing. I keep the spare one in the charging dock.

If I were you I'd try letting it drain a couple of times by playing wirelessly and then charge it and see if it starts to hold more charge.