Gaming PlayStation 5

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
PS4 will be the first Play Station console to not have a full blown polyphony digital game on it (Gran Turismo)....

That's incredible to think considering it was quite literally one of the largest selling single platform titles ever sold (GT 1,2,3,4,5 and 6 have sold close to over 100 million copies).

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
PS4 will be the first Play Station console to not have a full blown polyphony digital game on it (Gran Turismo)....

That's incredible to think considering it was quite literally one of the largest selling single platform titles ever sold (GT 1,2,3,4,5 and 6 have sold close to over 100 million copies).
Gran turismo sport?

Bojan11

I'd hardly call it a full fat Gran Truismo game.
Why not? The creator said it’s a main entry plus they wasters anyway. They really must have some dirty on the Sony brass.

No Elder Scrolls or GTA this gen is more annoying to be honest.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I don't class GT Sport as a proper gran turismo either.

I used to love starting with a few quid and having to buy a second hand little wagon, win a few races, get a half decent car, rinse and repeat, then upgrade correctly and all-sorts.

Hate the way games work now, win a couple races, then get a prize spin and win a monster car or insane cash and it's all shit.

Doesn't feel like progression! Take me back to GT2!

mariachi-19

Why not? The creator said it’s a main entry plus they wasters anyway. They really must have some dirty on the Sony brass.

No Elder Scrolls or GTA this gen is more annoying to be honest.
Yamauchi has lost the plot and really should step down from the company and let new blood take over. His concepts, while still his own, are outdated and the entire racing genre has left GT in the past. I barely play it anymore for that reason. His AI Development, Sounds and other parts of the games are near criminal.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
God of War 2, Spiderman 2 and Horizon Zero Dawn 2 are practically guaranteed. That's enough to have me salivating.
I know but it's hard to get hyped before the marketing campaign starts and the big reveal, I'm pretty sure I'll buy a PS5 day one. :lol:

Ainu

Yamauchi has lost the plot and really should step down from the company and let new blood take over. His concepts, while still his own, are outdated and the entire racing genre has left GT in the past. I barely play it anymore for that reason. His AI Development, Sounds and other parts of the games are near criminal.
Yeah GT's direction has been all over the place post-GT4 (the last great GT in my opinion). It's a sad situation, all the more because I don't feel there's anything quite like it out there to fill the void.

Siorac

God of War 2, Spiderman 2 and Horizon Zero Dawn 2 are practically guaranteed. That's enough to have me salivating.
I'm not sure how I'd do a Horizon: Zero Dawn sequel. For me a big part of the first game's fun was piecing together the past, finding out how the world had gone to shit. They can't really do that again.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Any news on a release date? Won a 500 quid voucher for Argos and am keen to slap it on a pre order

mariachi-19

Member when they charged people for a demo to help pay for the massively under planned and overbudget game? That was a fun time.

Shame the Forza (main) series went to shit too.
We talking about Prologue or GT Sport :rolleyes: Because that's pretty much what the latter is too...

TBF, with both Project Cars, Dirt 2.0 and Assetto Corsa on consoles, you really dont need either Forza or GT if you want a proper racing fix either on track or dirt.

Last edited:

arthurka

I don't class GT Sport as a proper gran turismo either.

I used to love starting with a few quid and having to buy a second hand little wagon, win a few races, get a half decent car, rinse and repeat, then upgrade correctly and all-sorts.

Hate the way games work now, win a couple races, then get a prize spin and win a monster car or insane cash and it's all shit.

Doesn't feel like progression! Take me back to GT2!
The young people don´t have the patience to work like this, either you give them something now to move further or you give them a chance to buy results through bought credits. Us old feckers who used to play Sinclair ZX and Commodore 64 know what waiting is and how game progression works without save games and all that new age mumbo jumbo.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Not worth it if you're not into the online stuff. It's not what I want from a Gran Turismo game, though I can imagine it's a good game if you do the online competitions and stuff.
Thing is, you've got to be great at the game to bother with online anyway, you get people who solely play GT Sport who are ridiculously good at it.

I'm not a one game man so I play loads of different games and am basically shit at them all but still enjoy it. Getting absolutely smattered online just doesn't appeal to me though

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
I very much doubt it.

That V-shape top is not the slightest bit conducive to effective cooling. If the PS5 is going to be capable of reaching RTX 2080 levels of performance, it's going to need a really effective solution.

Not that I claim to be an expert. But I know enough about custom PC builds to have some idea. The heat exhausts from left and right will just be blowing into each and slowing down air flow. If that's the shape of either the Dev kit or the final product, expect to see a shit ton of breakdowns from overheating.

EDIT: Unless the middle is the intake and the outer sides are the exhausts. But even then, it doesn't seem like the ideal shape to me. Oh, well... we'll see.
Has this been confirmed would be VERY surprised if that was anywhere close to being true, we always see this during the development of new tech.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Thing is, you've got to be great at the game to bother with online anyway, you get people who solely play GT Sport who are ridiculously good at it.

I'm not a one game man so I play loads of different games and am basically shit at them all but still enjoy it. Getting absolutely smattered online just doesn't appeal to me though
That's the thing, you aren't gonna be winning all the races because like you say, there's a lot of people that are a lot better than you (chuckle, I'm not great either) but where that game gets plaudits is because of how they've made it stay compelling anyway... Loads of love for that game now, not so much in the beginning. I'm only disappointed with the extent of the VR support, everything else is fine. Not even that bent or of shape about the missing campaign, although I was in the beginning.

Became my best PS4 racer after it came out taking over Driveclub

I suspect the online will show up in some form in GT7, they'd be stupid to change it.

Last edited:

Dante

Average bang
Has this been confirmed would be VERY surprised if that was anywhere close to being true, we always see this during the development of new tech.
RTX 2080 performance should be doable. ATI already have cards that can output at that level.

RTX 2080 TI is something else entirely. There's no chance that any mass market console will be that fast for another 3 or 4 years.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
RTX 2080 performance should be doable. ATI already have cards that can output at that level.

RTX 2080 TI is something else entirely. There's no chance that any mass market console will be that fast for another 3 or 4 years.
Doable on what budget? The card alone is £600 right now, it may drop to under £500 by PS5. No way it will get anywhere near it, they may get close to the speed of one but wont have all the features and will be heavily throttled, also you can't put that card running flat out in a console case. We haven't even discussed what CPU you would need to pair it with to get any real benefit form all that graphics power total pipe dream.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I agree, still a good card for a console but definitely more doable, id say even that card would be chopped a little.
It would be.

People forget not only the weakish multimedia cpus they use, but also power/heat issues.

The PS5 will be more relevant to PC than the PS4 was, closer to the pro on release which is much better than last gen. But dreams of that kind of high end performance are just that, dreams.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Its quite amazing how much they have squeezed out of the 7870 considering it was a mid/high ranged card..... 7 years ago.
Streamlined systems where they targetted bottlenecks. And improving api too. Also it wasn't actually a 7870, some features were better and some worse.

It's why I always preach people learn how to properly set up their PCs for gaming and identify bottleneck issues, as you can be amazed at what difference a proper setup makes to even old machines.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
It would be.

People forget not only the weakish multimedia cpus they use, but also power/heat issues.

The PS5 will be more relevant to PC than the PS4 was, closer to the pro on release which is much better than last gen. But dreams of that kind of high end performance are just that, dreams.
Yeah, even in a well vented PC case temperatures get hot, nevermind a console case where CPU, RAM and DD are all stacked on each other.