Gaming PlayStation 5

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
I just want to know the price so I can preorder!
I am getting a bit impatient myself. I have about €1,500 in one4all vouchers ready to blow on the new xbox and PS5. They are burning a hole in my pocket

Smores

I was hoping they'd change the sticks somehow so there's less wear and need for additions. It appears to just be the same.

Ainu

Why is this Geoff Keighley guy pretty much everyhwere I look when it comes to games nowadays? What's his big claim to fame?

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Why is this Geoff Keighley guy pretty much everyhwere I look when it comes to games nowadays? What's his big claim to fame?
I remember him from gametrailers back in the day.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
With no price reveal for Xbox, I don't think even Sony will do it in its State of Play.

RedDevilRoshi

With no price reveal for Xbox, I don't think even Sony will do it in its State of Play.
I will be genuinely surprised if they don’t. Yes it’s clear as day that both companies are waiting for the other to blink first before unveiling their own but the retailers are no doubt going to get fed up (if they haven’t already) and begin to really start pushing for a price in order for them to start taking pre-orders. Can’t exactly take pre-orders for something they don’t know how much the product is going to cost nor even what date it’s due to be released on.

Bojan11

It’s fecking huge !

Didn’t you bitch at me for saying it was huge. You can change the face plates.

As long as it doesn’t sound like a jet is taking off like the PS4 pro, I won’t mind if it’s that huge.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I have no idea what this means. Is it like we can just open a save game from OS menu or go directly to multiplayer part something like that ?
Yeah, instead of having to open game, sit through the licensing stuff, go to title screen, select the mode you want then the activity in the mode, you can simply go straight to the activity for games that support it.

Example for game I'm currently playing

so you're skipping a lot of the 'chaff'. Had to take a screenshot and post it as image as I don't think the caf security likes the 'more than' symbol.

Bosws87

I have no idea what this means. Is it like we can just open a save game from OS menu or go directly to multiplayer part something like that ?
Easiest way to think of it is you see your mates in game online you join him you instantly boot up to the loading screen of the same map skipping the usual intro screen etc.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Yeah, instead of having to open game, sit through the licensing stuff, go to title screen, select the mode you want then the activity in the mode, you can simply go straight to the activity for games that support it.

Example for game I'm currently playing

so you're skipping a lot of the 'chaff'. Had to take a screenshot and post it as image as I don't think the caf security likes the 'more than' symbol.
I thought you were the Caf's security? Sort of like Judge Dredd but without the shoulder pads.

That looks mental if it's true. Not even sure how they manage it.

Bojan11

In our June Future of Gaming digital event, we announced an array of PlayStation 5 peripherals and accessories that will be launching this holiday season. But we know that many of you were also wondering if and how existing PlayStation 4 peripherals are compatible with the next-gen system. Today, we’re happy to share a brief FAQ that will answer some of your questions.

If you have questions that aren’t addressed, feel free to leave them in the comments below.

Which existing PS4 peripherals/accessories will work on PS5?

• Specialty peripherals, such as officially licensed racing wheels, arcade sticks, and flight sticks, will work with PS5 games and supported PS4 games.
  • The Platinum and Gold Wireless Headsets, as well as third-party headsets that connect via USB port or audio jack, will work on PS5 (the headset companion app is not compatible with PS5).
  • The DualShock 4 wireless controller and PlayStation officially licensed third-party gamepad controllers will work with supported PS4 games.
  • Both the PS Move Motion Controllers and the PlayStation VR Aim Controller will work with supported PS VR games on PS5.
Please note, not all PlayStation officially licensed or third-party peripherals/accessories may work on PS5. We recommend checking with the manufacturer to confirm whether a product will work on PS5 and specific titles.

Will DualShock 4 work with PS5 games?

No, we believe that PS5 games should take advantage of the new capabilities and features we’re bringing to the platform, including the features of DualSense wireless controller.

Is the PlayStation Camera for PS4 compatible with PS5?

Yes, PlayStation Camera will work with PS5 for playing supported PS VR games. It will require a PlayStation Camera adaptor that will be provided at no additional cost to PS VR users. More details on how to get the adaptor will be announced at a later date.

And that’s it! We’ll continue to provide updates on PlayStation 5 down the road, so make sure to check back soon.
https://blog.playstation.com/2020/0...ns-on-compatible-ps4-peripherals-accessories/

afrocentricity

Great news, my HOTAS, wheel and PSVR officially supported...

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
So now the PSVR has been confirmed as supported, does that mean the PS5 will get more out of the headset in terms of graphics? Is the PS4 the limiting factor for the quality of the visuals on PSVR?

Bosws87

So now the PSVR has been confirmed as supported, does that mean the PS5 will get more out of the headset in terms of graphics? Is the PS4 the limiting factor for the quality of the visuals on PSVR?
The resolution of the screens is a hardware issue, you will get cleaner visuals as the ps4 struggled to push out the power needed for VR.

but there won't be a drastic improvement as the resolution of the screens are the lowest on the market.

Volumiza

The resolution of the screens is a hardware issue, you will get cleaner visuals as the ps4 struggled to push out the power needed for VR.

but there won't be a drastic improvement as the resolution of the screens are the lowest on the market.
No, I know there won’t be a huge improvement is resolution but will the ps5 be able to push more around and make the PSVR games look better than they do currently? Will the PSVR be able to keep up?

Last edited:

Bosws87

No, I know there won’t be a huge improvement is resolution but will the ps5 be able to push more around and make the PSVR games look better than they do currently? Will the PSVR be able to keep up?
Might look slightly better but it wont look any sharper, Oculus Rift is superior but that's hardly crystal clear either.

I guess they will eventually bring out a new headset be better if they just supported other ones like on PC.

Volumiza

Might look slightly better but it wont look any sharper, Oculus Rift is superior but that's hardly crystal clear either.

I guess they will eventually bring out a new headset be better if they just supported other ones like on PC.
That’s what I was getting at really, I can see a new PSVR arriving before too long.

afrocentricity

No it will be a lot better. Talk to guys who have used the PSVR on PC with better specs. The PS4 is very underpowered and it is what is holding back the graphics, there will be higher resolutions (a lot of current games are below native resolution) and more supersampling (better looking image quality), a lot of games didn't come to PSVR due to this. The real limiting factor for PSVR on PS5 is tracking, wires and controllers, but for me I can deal. Others may not.... Try before you buy.

Theres what? 5 million odd PSVR sold so that's incentive for older games to get ported due to more capable hardware, current games will be ported over but with nerfed controls (probably similar to Skyrim/Walking Dead controls) too. Hopefully enough to carry over until PSVR2. We will find out more later this week.

That’s what I was getting at really, I can see a new PSVR arriving before too long.
A few years off imo, you may get better controller's released before hand though. Would make a big difference too.

Games like Half Life would get ported over swiftly... There's a chance it could be ported over anyway tbf as the current controllers are workable.... Hmmm.

Last edited: