Gaming PlayStation 5

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Details from PS Blog: "HITMAN 3 is the end of the trilogy, but it's only the beginning when we talk about HITMAN in VR. We're proud to announce that we are bringing VR support to every location from all three games. Every location from the World of Assassination trilogy can be played in VR, when you play them in HITMAN 3. We're working to finalize the specifics for how PSVR owners can enjoy Hitman in VR, and we'll have more details to share in the months ahead."

Yooooo indeed :lol:

That has the potential to be a monster!
Yea fingers crossed :D

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Yoooooo....
Amazing AI. Opens the door with a big clunk in a quiet room and the guy doesn’t even turn around. Hitman sells itself as a high brow technical strategy game and that’s just dumb.

AaronRedDevil

Does anyone here own a psvr headset. Thinking of getting one. Never really into any of that or stuff. I'm all about controllers. But saying that. Psvr looks like its turning into a great thing to have with the games they are bringing out.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Amazing AI. Opens the door with a big clunk in a quiet room and the guy doesn’t even turn around. Hitman sells itself as a high brow technical strategy game and that’s just dumb.
He had ear pods and was on a business call or listening to Dolly Parton on Spotify. Easily explained.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Does anyone here own a psvr headset. Thinking of getting one. Never really into any of that or stuff. I'm all about controllers. But saying that. Psvr looks like its turning into a great thing to have with the games they are bringing out.
I do have one but I can’t say I’ve had my money’s worth out of it.

It’s a cool bit of kit but I don’t play much on it. SuperHot VR is my favourite game but beyond that I haven’t really completed any of the games I’ve bought.

Resi 7 is impressive but again, I didn’t get far a) it scared the shit out of me and b) movement sucks.

macheda14

They totally don’t sell themselves as highbrow. They put that aesthetic on, but know it’s a game purely for shenanigans. Remember in the last game of you threw a briefcase at someone it would glitch out and just home in on them, they kept it because it was funny. They made cans of soup one hit kills. They make this super serious hitman dress up as a model, or a drummer or a clown. It’s a silly fun game that you can play seriously if you want to.

afrocentricity

I do have one but I can’t say I’ve had my money’s worth out of it.

It’s a cool bit of kit but I don’t play much on it. SuperHot VR is my favourite game but beyond that I haven’t really completed any of the games I’ve bought.

Resi 7 is impressive but again, I didn’t get far a) it scared the shit out of me and b) movement sucks.
Walking Dead
Astro Bot
Blood and Truth

Then maybe any of:
Dreams
No Man's Sky
Iron Man
LA Noire
Until Dawn Rush of Blood
Statik
Firewall Zero Hour
Farpoint
Skyrim
Borderlands 2
Moss
Driveclub
GTSport
Beat Saber
Sparc
Everybody's Golf
Etc...
Should give you your money's worth, then you can sell it or keep it....

It's good (especially at the current prices) but like I said to someone else... Try before you buy.

You have to see for yourself.... (Morpheus describing The Matrix)

Godfall is looking good

Not sold on this, but you never know...

Last edited:

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I do but if you're planning on getting the PS5 I recommend waiting a few years and get PSVR2 when it comes out as it should hopefully have fewer wires and not be as much of a burden to use as the current version is - great experience but too much faff to set up at the moment.

paulscholes18

I do have one but can’t remember the last time I used it, think it was the 2018 World Cup

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Looks meh. Loved how he tried to big up the combat but it’s nothing more than a slasher that we’ve seen 100’s of times before. Hard pass from me.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Looks meh. Loved how he tried to big up the combat but it’s nothing more than a slasher that we’ve seen 100’s of times before. Hard pass from me.
Yeah in fairness it looks nothing special but looks like it could be good fun at least. One of those games I’ll probably pick up when it’s cut in price.

Tiber

Have they announced a black version yet? I will get no doubt end up getting one either way, but id still prefer not to have a bright white PS5 sitting on my black TV cabinet, beside my black sky box, under my black TV.

shabz

Have they announced a black version yet? I will get no doubt end up getting one either way, but id still prefer not to have a bright white PS5 sitting on my black TV cabinet, beside my black sky box, under my black TV.
I have the same issue with the dark furniture but think I'm going to get a dbrand skin for this one and make it look how I want.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Just fecking give it to me now!
Looks pretty cool. I love the Hitman games.

How do you move in AI though? Do you still tilt a joystick? Does that not take away from the experience a bit?

I feel like you'd have to stand on some multi-directional treadmill to get the full effect.

afrocentricity

Looks pretty cool. I love the Hitman games.

How do you move in AI though? Do you still tilt a joystick? Does that not take away from the experience a bit?

I feel like you'd have to stand on some multi-directional treadmill to get the full effect.
Just tilt the joystick. I prefer it because I'm lazy but you're right a treadmill would be more immersive (and more expensive too!).

Bosws87

The adaptive triggers sound like a massive gimmick and hasn't 3d sound in games been around forever to a certain degree, ive always been able to tell where an enemy is on online multiplayers since Medal of Honor:Allied Assault on PC

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
The adaptive triggers sound like a massive gimmick and hasn't 3d sound in games been around forever to a certain degree, ive always been able to tell where an enemy is on online multiplayers since Medal of Honor:Allied Assault on PC
Yup, it's like Fifa and their marketing of new features. But to be honest I'm excited for the PS5.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
The 3D sound is their own version of Dolby Atmos by the looks of it. It’s just reverb, panning and volume changes to give perceived depth and distance.

Assume they made their own version to market it as something new, but they won’t be able to do anything Dolby can’t.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
The 3D sound is their own version of Dolby Atmos by the looks of it. It’s just reverb and volume changes to give perceived depth and distance.

Assume they made their own version to market it as something new, but they won’t be able to do anything Dolby can’t.
I‘m completely guessing here but I reckon Sony’s implementation will also integrate ray tracing into their spatial calculations.

Bosws87

I‘m completely guessing here but I reckon Sony’s implementation will also integrate ray tracing into their spatial calculations.
What will lighting have to do with audio or am i missing something obvious here?

Ainu

What will lighting have to do with audio or am i missing something obvious here?
Ray tracing isn't necessarily related to lighting. In a broader sense it's just tracing stuff moving through environments, so I imagine it's useful for audio as well.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Just read up on it a bit. No mention of that. Sounds like it can have more sound sources at any one time. Don’t know if that’s unique to this.

Wonder if it could be used to make it feel more like the space you’re in? Sound bounces around similar to light after all. Maybe that’s asking a bit much though.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
@VeevaVee doesn’t know what he’s talking about
That was an open question to Sony experts, bless him.

Ray tracing is not just used for lighting effects, the idea is that you can map and trace the movement of something atomic. Just as light is just electromagnetic waves, sound is just a different frequency wave on the spectrum so you can use ray tracing to map how a sound wave would behave in a given environment.

It’s going to be key to AI too, ray tracing can be used to accurately calculate an NPC’s field of view rather than using patterns and heuristics.

Bosws87

That was an open question to Sony experts, bless him.

Ray tracing is not just used for lighting effects, the idea is that you can map and trace the movement of something atomic. Just as light is just electromagnetic waves, sound is just a different frequency wave on the spectrum so you can use ray tracing to map how a sound wave would behave in a given environment.

It’s going to be key to AI too, ray tracing can be used to accurately calculate an NPC’s field of view rather than using patterns and heuristics.
Makes sense but the computing power needed for that would be insane, i guess that's a while off.

I was expecting the 3d audio to be similar to the barbers chair clip that was famous years ago

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Makes sense but the computing power needed for that would be insane, i guess that's a while off.

I was expecting the 3d audio to be similar to the barbers chair clip that was famous years ago

It basically will be. Dolby Atmos uses the same techniques, just in a more clever fashion obviously. There’s not much more you can do with positioning of sound until you get to the point where its literally calculating where it’s come from and exactly what it’s bouncing off before it gets to you.

You’d need to have textures and density assigned for everything to accomplish that too, which I suppose wouldn’t be too difficult as you’d just say this is rock, this is wood etc. But I imagine the effort needed to make it all work would be extensive.

Not sure how well that would be translated to your ears and if it’d be worth it anyway, especially if most people are listening on stereo tv speakers, poorly set up surround or budget headphones.

afrocentricity

I don't feel like explaining the details but the 3D sound and haptic feedback are not just Sony versions of things that are already out, they are significant. The box will be out this year so we'll get to find out yourselves in due time (or you could watch the Road to PS5 video but that's only if you're really really interested). I'm into VR (preemptive feck off Bojan) so I can't wait to get my hands on it.