Gaming PlayStation 5

Minkaro

I think everyone should have Astro as their first PS5 game. You're already buzzing because you've got the console, and then there's this lovely little game to introduce you to the new features, while supplying a hearty dose of nostalgia.

It's kind of like those sweet little shorts before a Pixar/Disney film.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Looking at this PS extra game list, I'm going to play Lost Legacy, next. Thoughts? I've only played Uncharted 4 in the series.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Pretty much and I think haptic feedback too and probably some other bits. The way I upgraded mine I think i had to pay a tenner but had the disc version.

Ah is it? I want to replay the first one on the ps5 so that's great
Oops' Just checked and it's 'game of the year' not remastered.

If it helps, people sell the code for spiderman remastered on ebay for pretty cheap. That's how I got mine.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
A few hours into Death Stranding and some positives and negatives. To get the negatives out of the way, this is a little one, but I don’t like the fact you can’t turn the music off. I would enjoy it much better just to have some ambient music playing while I traverse the land, rather than be forced to listen to the (not very good) music. Not a big deal, really. Just a gripe.

Also, this is not a surprising one because we’re dealing with Kojima here who’s basically a very frustrated movie director, but it is cut-scene heavy. At least it has been so far. Again, par for the course with Kojima , and while I like how unique the story and charters are, I can already feel myself wanting to skip them because —

The gameplay is so satisfying! On paper, it sounds so bland and tedious, but it’s really not. Planning out my routes so that I don’t traverse land that’s too inhospitable is super rewarding. The mechanics are quite intuitive and I like how they drip-feed you new things to do while not making it seem overwhelming. This is a game that makes finding a ladder on a particularly harsh piece of terrain exhilarating. The encounters with the BTs are tense and genuinely disconcerting as you try to creep past them, and the game both looks and plays amazingly (I'm playing the Directors Cut version).

It’s just a really rewarding experience so far.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
A few hours into Death Stranding and some positives and negatives. To get the negatives out of the way, this is a little one, but I don’t like the fact you can’t turn the music off. I would enjoy it much better just to have some ambient music playing while I traverse the land, rather than be forced to listen to the (not very good) music. Not a big deal, really. Just a gripe.

Also, this is not a surprising one because we’re dealing with Kojima here who’s basically a very frustrated movie director, but it is cut-scene heavy. At least it has been so far. Again, par for the course with Kojima , and while I like how unique the story and charters are, I can already feel myself wanting to skip them because —

The gameplay is so satisfying! On paper, it sounds so bland and tedious, but it’s really not. Planning out my routes so that I don’t traverse land that’s too inhospitable is super rewarding. The mechanics are quite intuitive and I like how they drip-feed you new things to do while not making it seem overwhelming. This is a game that makes finding a ladder on a particularly harsh piece of terrain exhilarating. The encounters with the BTs are tense and genuinely disconcerting as you try to creep past them, and the game both looks and plays amazing (I'm playing the Directors Cut version).

Nice summary. I’m looking forward to giving this one a go in due course.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It is, but don't expect it to last long!
That's why I'm playing it first. I light comfy ride to enjoy some next gen gaming. Sometimes I like shorter games tbh as I find many games boring me towards the last few acts.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Looking at this PS extra game list, I'm going to play Lost Legacy, next. Thoughts? I've only played Uncharted 4 in the series.
Go for it. I haven't played it but played 1 through 4 and heard people say it is one of the best. Also, as it is an Uncharted game it won't last that long so not really got anything to lose.

Thanks for the reminder, put that on my list.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Must say I'm very pleased with the range of games. Loads of indie titles to try out too. The streaming works really well for me too, zero lag so far, so don't even need to download a lot of them.

Leg-End

The gameplay is so satisfying! On paper, it sounds so bland and tedious, but it’s really not. Planning out my routes so that I don’t traverse land that’s too inhospitable is super rewarding. The mechanics are quite intuitive and I like how they drip-feed you new things to do while not making it seem overwhelming. This is a game that makes finding a ladder on a particularly harsh piece of terrain exhilarating. The encounters with the BTs are tense and genuinely disconcerting as you try to creep past them, and the game both looks and plays amazingly (I'm playing the Directors Cut version).

It’s a top game and I think the cutscenes balance out a bit better mid game, if you do make it to the end though be prepared for a movie length ending.

amolbhatia50k

It’s a top game and I think the cutscenes balance out a bit better mid game, if you do make it to the end though be prepared for a movie length ending.
The only misstep was that last part. Otherwise it was a really superb game.

Kojima better bring his next to playstation

Bebe

Ah no worries, ill keep an eye out for that, cheers!
If you own Miles Morales I think you should be able to upgrade your PS4 version of Spiderman. I borrowed my friend's Morales disc and then it gave me the option to upgrade Spiderman to Spiderman Remastered. Not sure if/how that works for digital copies of Morales.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
So just to check the Spider-Man game is remastered version?

Irwin99

Be interesting to see what you think of it if you complete the game. Easily one of my favourite games of the PS4 era but oh boy, it's certainly not for everyone :nervous:

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Be interesting to see what you think of it if you complete the game. Easily one of my favourite games of the PS4 era but oh boy, it's certainly not for everyone :nervous:
I just know I'm going to end up skipping a lot of the cut-scenes. That's just how it's going to go. I'm loving the gameplay though.

caid

Where do I buy the remastered version? I’m searching on the PSN store but I only see the game of the year edition… :confused:

2nd reply has a solution i think
Bit mad to lock the ps5 version behind an expansion, especially one that expensive

Ted Lasso

2nd reply has a solution i think
Bit mad to lock the ps5 version behind an expansion, especially one that expensive
That's a shame. I only played the download version that comes with Miles Morales. Funnily enough I would have flipped it and paid for Spiderman w MM as the download. Both are excellent games but Spiderman, both because of my fondness for the character and old school games, is just an absolute joy from start to finish. As good/better an experience than any of the best Marvel movies for me.

caid

I think im going to give up on Returnal. I'm not particularly good at bullet hell shooters and if im making any progress its at a glacial rate. Kind of glad i got a chance to try it with ps+ before buying.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Hollow Knight is deceptively difficult. Like a 2D Dark Souls game.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Its great, has a decent difficulty level but not too bad very similar to Ori's difficulty if you have played them.
It's much more difficult and unforgiving than Ori, purely because in Ori you can just spawn right beside where you died and go over and over. Whereas in HK you (like in FS games) lose everything and often have to travel big distances to get back to bosses. I'd say it's a way less accessible game than both Ori's but more rewarding and probably better once you really get into it.

Bosws87

It's much more difficult and unforgiving than Ori, purely because in Ori you can just spawn right beside where you died and go over and over. Whereas in HK you (like in FS games) lose everything and often have to travel big distances to get back to bosses. I'd say it's a way less accessible game than both Ori's but more rewarding and probably better once you really get into it.
I found them very similar difficulty wise few frustrating bits but not many, both fantastic games but personally preferred Ori for most of the reasons mentioned its more streamlined and less time trying to figure out what/where you are meant to be going.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I’m still finishing off games that I was playing on the PS4 but it’s so much better playing them on the PS5. Much smoother. Nicer when gaming and using Spotify at the same time. Love it so far.

amolbhatia50k

Just out of interest, why do you think Sony didn't do all they could to keep Kojima Productions on board for this gen? Death Stranding was one of the best games they released on PS4. I find it kinda sus
Really hope it next game comes to Ps5. Even if it comes late. The guy is one of the greats.