Gaming PlayStation 5

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Before release, I was really looking forward to Horizon, but I have no intention of playing it now. What I've seen and heard since it came out has put me off. Seems like another generic open-world game, albeit a very beautiful one. I'm not really much of a fan of Aloy as a character (find her really boring) so even that's not getting me to buy it.

If I do buy it, it's going to be when it drops significantly in price. Sort of in-between games at the moment after Elden Ring. I'll probably wait until that PS Plus Extra tier so I can play Death Stranding and Ghost of Tsushima.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
My biggest error was getting caught in the excitement and buying Dying Light, then Horizon, then Elden Ring before finishing the previous title. All that's done is stop me playing any of them which makes no real sense but I cant motivate myself to get back into them even though I was loving them initially.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Why would you even play a game you're not looking forward to? That seems like an exercise in futility.
Because it'll probably be better than I expect and I'll be pleasantly surprised? What a silly question. Do you only ever do things in life that you're looking forward to?

Irwin99

Forspoken looks dire in my opinion. The dialogue just looks a bit cringy and not my thing- who knows though, it might turn out to be good.

The only new games i'm looking forward to this year are Stray (the cat game) and The Quarry (Until Dawn team, same theme/type of game). Don't think GOW or FF16 will be out this year but could be wrong.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Forspoken looks dire in my opinion. The dialogue just looks a bit cringy and not my thing- who knows though, it might turn out to be good.

The only new games i'm looking forward to this year are Stray (the cat game) and The Quarry (Until Dawn team, same theme/type of game). Don't think GOW or FF16 will be out this year but could be wrong.
Pfft where were you when my thread on it got zero replies.

Ainu

Because it'll probably be better than I expect and I'll be pleasantly surprised? What a silly question. Do you only ever do things in life that you're looking forward to?
Not nearly as much as I'd like to, video games are pretty much an escape from all the other bullshit life expects of me.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Bit bleak the whole console gaming scene at the minute apart from going through huge back catalogues what realistically is the next big game, with nothing scheduled exclusively on xbox for the rest of the year, if GOW gets delayed that's it for this year?

Obviously there will be a few surprises on the way but for the standard triple A big budget games that's it exclusives anyway unless i'm missing something.
The Last of Us Remake, and maybe Factions with it. I don't see the need for a remake myself, but it's coming out at the end of the year apparently.

Ainu

The Last of Us Remake, and maybe Factions with it. I don't see the need for a remake myself, but it's coming out at the end of the year apparently.
I've seen those The Last of Us remake rumours as well, and even as a massive fan of the original this just sounds like a colossal waste of time and resources to me. The PS4 remaster is a perfectly fine game to play in 2022.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It's a good game imo...

I've seen those The Last of Us remake rumours as well, and even as a massive fan of the original this just sounds like a colossal waste of time and resources to me. The PS4 remaster is a perfectly fine game to play in 2022.
I held off completing the original or playing the new one as I want a smooth one-two punch of TLOUR and TLOU2... I mean the combat, animations, graphics look like they are miles apart. I can't wait...

Tiber

Before release, I was really looking forward to Horizon, but I have no intention of playing it now. What I've seen and heard since it came out has put me off. Seems like another generic open-world game, albeit a very beautiful one. I'm not really much of a fan of Aloy as a character (find her really boring) so even that's not getting me to buy it.

If I do buy it, it's going to be when it drops significantly in price. Sort of in-between games at the moment after Elden Ring. I'll probably wait until that PS Plus Extra tier so I can play Death Stranding and Ghost of Tsushima.
Forbidden west? I thought it was really good

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
People will pay a subscription to play ubisoft games. :lol:
I wouldn't, but this subscription is more than just Ubisoft and it will continue to grow. For people who dont have an Xbox/Game pass it probably makes sense. There's a fair few games I'd already want to play on that.

On Ubisoft they are usually terrible, but I have to say I absolutely loved my time Far Cry 5 which was a shock to me as well. Immortals Phoenix rising was also surprisingly good.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Dunkey's review of Hidden West was enough to put me off. Found the first one boring and this one just seemed full of classic open world tropes and lots of pointless dialogue.

Irwin99

Pfft where were you when my thread on it got zero replies.
:lol: Sorry, didn't see it. I liked Until Dawn and The Dark Pictures Anthology but I rarely ever feel the need to play them again. The dark pictures have a nice budget price and a weekend feel to them, and then it's selling them on second hand.

Irwin99

HFW was more of the same except more talking. LOTS and LOTS of talking. LOTS! It makes Vampyr look almost taciturn and aloof at times. It's not a problem at all if you like the characters/world/lore but if you don't ... :nervous:

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Forbidden west? I thought it was really good
Yeah. I quite liked the first one and was kind of looking forward to the sequel, but lost all interest now. Not sure if it's because Elden Ring was so good, but I have no interest in playing it at the moment.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Yeah. I quite liked the first one and was kind of looking forward to the sequel, but lost all interest now. Not sure if it's because Elden Ring was so good, but I have no interest in playing it at the moment.
Elden Ring has ruined all other games for me.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
The theory is, is that Naughty Dog is working on a new IP, but it's very early in development and is only at the concept stage. So the technical staff and creative staff are far apart, so I think Sony decided to give the technical staff something to do (i.e., remake The Last of Us) before the new IP enters production. And remaking a game isn't going to take as long as creating a brand new one.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Elden Ring has ruined all other games for me.
Same. And it's also how long I spent in the game as well. I very, very rarely go over 100 hours in any game, but I did with this one, so I'm completely lost now.

Tiber

I haven't played Elden Ring. Super hard games like Dark Souls aren't for me, I play games on medium and don't like dying to the same boss 40 times to learn the mechanics. So thought it was best to give Elden Ring a miss.

I enjoyed the story of Forbidden West. Don't think Aloy is the most interesting character in the world, but the story built upon a lot of the things which interested me in the original game.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Should try the rest of the soulsborne collection, if you haven't already.
I've played them all except for Demon's Souls. Well, I played the remake for a bit but didn't enjoy it that much. I'll have to delve back into it again. But Bloodborne is one of my favorite games of all time.

Hoof the ball

TW3 did that for me. ER is great but not sure it necessarily raised the bar in anything. It's Souls games brought to an open world.
Precisely!

The level of praise is wholly unwarranted, It's not excellent use of open world. It's just open world, and really empty one at that. The gameplay mechanics and such are as always brilliant, but this isn't some quantum leap from previous Souls games.

Bosws87

Precisely!

The level of praise is wholly unwarranted, It's not excellent use of open world. It's just open world, and really empty one at that. The gameplay mechanics and such are as always brilliant, but this isn't some quantum leap from previous Souls games.
Think a lot of these people will be players that never played the others or got x amount of hours in then quit because it was way less accessible.

Thought elden ring was excellent but think open world is a huge disservice to the level design from software are capable of.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Just impulse purchased one... Comes with Horizon so looking forward to playing that.

Wife wasn't as thrilled as me :nervous:

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Just impulse purchased one... Comes with Horizon so looking forward to playing that.

Wife wasn't as thrilled as me :nervous:
Horizon is great, really enjoying here, me and my partner playing it most nights at the moment. Graphically absolutely stunning.

Smores

I haven't played Elden Ring. Super hard games like Dark Souls aren't for me, I play games on medium and don't like dying to the same boss 40 times to learn the mechanics. So thought it was best to give Elden Ring a miss.

I enjoyed the story of Forbidden West. Don't think Aloy is the most interesting character in the world, but the story built upon a lot of the things which interested me in the original game.
It's really not that hard, way easier than Demon Souls was. At it's worst is maybe a boss taking 4 or 5 goes. Given it's format you can always do something else and come back.

Definitely worth picking up at some point as think most who have been put off would actually really enjoy it.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Well my first try was "it can be my for my birthday" ... which didn't really work as my birthday was 2 weeks ago and she already got me stuff for it... so I'll get back to you!
:lol: Fair. I’m tempted to say it’s a gift to myself for the stress I’ve endured this season with Everton, see how that goes.

I find the easiest way is to stand on something tall, beating your chest and roaring I AM MAN over and over again.

Women naturally back away in the face of such a ferocious display, often several miles.
:lol: :lol: Ill

Bosws87

My only gripe with horizon which is a harsh criticism really was everything was too fleshed out.

like every single conversation, side quest etc the npc’s just never shut up or had to much to say with a million dialogue options I got impatient in the end and just started skipping it all.

Sara125

Had a look at what’s expected to be part of the Ubisoft catalogue…Rayman wasn’t on there :(

Riz

I find the easiest way is to stand on something tall, beating your chest and roaring I AM MAN over and over again.

Women naturally back away in the face of such a ferocious display, often several miles.
Reminded me of this classic: