Gaming PlayStation 5

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
not a PS5 game, but just picked up Wasteland 3 with all the dlc for £9.99 on sale on PSN. A game I've always had my eye on but not played, but at that price it's almost rude not to buy it. I'll be playing it on my PS5 so that's why I mentioned it in this thread ;)

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
My only gripe with horizon which is a harsh criticism really was everything was too fleshed out.

like every single conversation, side quest etc the npc’s just never shut up or had to much to say with a million dialogue options I got impatient in the end and just started skipping it all.
Yep. If somebody made a dartboard of all the worst things in videogames this would be the bullseye for me.

I just finished Mass Effect 3 which has the same issues. I must have skipped 80% of the dialogue and not missed any of the actual story.

not a PS5 game, but just picked up Wasteland 3 with all the dlc for £9.99 on sale on PSN. A game I've always had my eye on but not played, but at that price it's almost rude not to buy it. I'll be playing it on my PS5 so that's why I mentioned it in this thread ;)
Let us know what you think. I've had that on my to play list for a while.

Bosws87

Digital Foundy have done an excellent retrospective of Motorstorm, one of the most criminally underrated PS3 series.

Absolutely beautiful game and drive club also by them in some weather conditions was also incredible.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Thanks for the tips lads, Ia ctually have a few games, Horizon, Spider-man and Elden Ring. I already beat the latter on ps4, so it's between the first 2. I imagjne Astro's playroom is the Astrobot franchise? I loved the VR game so will try that too.

Edit: ah i also have Tales of Arise, Lego Star wars and Yakuza like a dragon.

Edit edit: oh Astrobot is free.

Last edited:

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Thanks for the tips lads, Ia ctually have a few games, Horizon, Spider-man and Elden Ring. I already beat the latter on ps4, so it's between the first 2. I imagjne Astro's playroom is the Astrobot franchise? I loved the VR game so will try that too.

Yeah, Astro is free and a great introduction to the controller and is basically a homage/tribute to previous generations and games.

hobbers

Digital Foundy have done an excellent retrospective of Motorstorm, one of the most criminally underrated PS3 series.
Was it underrated? It was the game everyone bought with their PS3s alongside RFOM in my experience.

1 and 2 were amazing games but as with most racing game series the developers drove it off a cliff.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline

Id recommend doing Astro before anything else! Such a cool introdution to the controller

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Was it underrated? It was the game everyone bought with their PS3s alongside RFOM in my experience.

1 and 2 were amazing games but as with most racing game series the developers drove it off a cliff.
Good point. Maybe not the first but Pacific Rift definitely was.

As they say in the vid, they built on the fundamentals of the first game and basically improved it in all areas. BLUR is another racer that was criminally underrated.

b82REZ

As they say in the vid, they built on the fundamentals of the first game and basically improved it in all areas. BLUR is another racer that was criminally underrated.
BLUR was brilliant.

It was what would happen if Need for Speed and Mario Kart had a baby.

I was always a big fan of Motorstorm. I always hope it'll get revived.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Fecking finally

Now what should I play.
Congratulations. I still havent been able to get one. Didn't expect the shortage to last this long.

Cotemplating just giving up and buying a Xbox. But the Xbox is crap

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Congratulations. I still havent been able to get one. Didn't expect the shortage to last this long.

I subscribed to telegram groups and discords until a mate said, I heard theres actually quite a few non online shops who have them if you just walk by. The scalpers are all online after all. First shop I visited had it in stock.

Last edited:

hobbers

Yeh Blur was an excellent game. Can't believe its sequel got shuttered. Just another gaming catastrophe we have Activision to thank for.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Marvels Guardians
Miles Morales
Assassins Creed Valhalah
The Artful Escape

On first glance these look like PS4 games i haven't played and would want to, from the selection given.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Is fifa 22 free with ps plus this month or am I reading the store wrong. It's a bit different from ps4 :wenger:

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Is fifa 22 free with ps plus this month or am I reading the store wrong. It's a bit different from ps4 :wenger:
It is. Personally, I didn't like it. I've been playing it for about a week, and have just deleted it. I only play online so maybe if you play single players it's a great game. But online is not great, IMO.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
It is. Personally, I didn't like it. I've been playing it for about a week, and have just deleted it. I only play online so maybe if you play single players it's a great game. But online is not great, IMO.
I usually just play with friends or online. If they ever made a decent career mode, that'd be great, but the focus is always on FUT which is shite.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Right I played Astro's playroom, but I have way too much to choose from and dunno what to play now. Think it's between Horizon, Ghost of Tsushima Directors cut, Spider Man MM and Tales of Arise :wenger:

paulscholes18

If you live in the UK Curry's have some bundles for sale on their website.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I’m just playing through Days Gone, I was put off by its average reviews when it was out on PS4 but I just downloaded it off PS+ collection for my ps5 and what an underrated and under appreciated game it is.

I’m probably about 25-30 hours in now and its given me some very tense and memorable moments and that’s all I can ask for in a game. Nothing scarier than Horde chasing you down when you least expect it.

Smores

I’m just playing through Days Gone, I was put off by its average reviews when it was out on PS4 but I just downloaded it off PS+ collection for my ps5 and what an underrated and under appreciated game it is.

I’m probably about 25-30 hours in now and its given me some very tense and memorable moments and that’s all I can ask for in a game. Nothing scarier than Horde chasing you down when you least expect it.
Yeah, a fantastic game. Preferred it to Last of Us myself, very underrated. It's a good game to aim for the platinum trophy as not that difficult.