Gaming PlayStation 5

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
How does anyone get excited over Tekken or fighting games anymore? Seem very basic, I mean, what does this Tekken do which the last 7 haven't?

RedDevilRoshi

GOW: Ragnarock the standout game as expected. The rest looked ok but nothing majorly to shout home about.

I’m surprised we didn’t get a Spider-Man trailer or even gameplay.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
This game is the only game (maybe SF6 as well) that is tempting me to buy a PS5. But I can't justify spending that kind of money to play one or two games. This is the first Tekken I will miss :(
Ah mate they are tekken the piss.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Really like the look of that Yakuza game.

Hopefully Hogwarts is good. Lots of potential but very little gameplay.

The Ronin game looks cool.

And God of War… I mean :drool:

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
They're quite different...
DS, dude, when me and my best mate and oldest foe on Tekken get mashing 2 player, our fights and games on Tekken 7 are almost exactly the same as when we were playing Tekken 1 :lol:. Not slagging Tekken off at all, it's one of my landmark games stretching back to it's arcade roots but it really hasn't added much new over 8 iterations. Also, it's one of the few games my son can't thrash me at :lol:

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I agree but do we really need another? What more will 8 give us that 7 didn't? Or 6, 5 etc. I'll still buy it though
Slightly better graphics. One new mechanic and a few new characters that are a rehash of old ones :wenger:

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
DS, dude, when me and my best mate and oldest foe on Tekken get mashing 2 player, our fights and games on Tekken 7 are almost exactly the same as when we were playing Tekken 1 :lol:. Not slagging Tekken off at all, it's one of my landmark games stretching back to it's arcade roots but it really hasn't added much new over 8 iterations. Also, it's one of the few games my son can't thrash me at :lol:
I used to play competitively so I usually look at mechanics a lot and T7 in that regard was very different to T6. But yes, casually they feel the same I guess.

diarm

Think they patched Aloy so she didn't talk so much in the end.
They patched it so she doesn't mention her stash every single fecking time you pick something up. But they didn't fix the stupid hints every 15 seconds: "I wonder what that key is for?" before you've even seen a key, or "Maybe I can drop that ladder" before you've entered the room with a ladder in it, or worst of all: "Maybe I should use my focus here", over and over again.

I loved the first game and praised it to anyone who would listen, but I've given up on Forbidden West less than halfway through. It's gorgeous and the gameplay is great, but it was just too annoying and immersion breaking listening to her.

I'll go back immediately if they ever patch in a proper fix.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
I find it weird when people get upset or disappointed about state of play content.

Chill the feck out you fecking nerds (I too am a nerd, but I am a chilled one)

Irwin99

I find it weird when people get upset or disappointed about state of play content.

Chill the feck out you fecking nerds (I too am a nerd, but I am a chilled one)
I'm not usually harsh about them but i think there was one a bit back where literally nothing was of interest to me and I thought 'Am I really so out of touch? No! it's the modern gamers who are wrong" ;)

At least this one had a few that looked decent so it gets my nerd seal of approval.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Rise of the Ronin looked really cool. Although I was not a fan of either of the Nioh games. They just didn't have that exploration in them to keep me going when the games got really tough. Obviously, I don't know if this game is going to go down the same route. Don't think it's out until 2024, so plenty of time to find that out.

As for the State of Play itself, I thought it was fine. I feel like you can enjoy them more when you set your expectations accordingly. Don't think they're necessarily there to be these huge reveals, but more of a "hey, here's a few things we're working on" type of deal.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Rise of the Ronin looked really cool. Although I was not a fan of either of the Nioh games. They just didn't have that exploration in them to keep me going when the games got really tough. Obviously, I don't know if this game is going to go down the same route. Don't think it's out until 2024, so plenty of time to find that out.

As for the State of Play itself, I thought it was fine. I feel like you can enjoy them more when you set your expectations accordingly. Don't think they're necessarily there to be these huge reveals, but more of a "hey, here's a few things we're working on" type of deal.
I didn't like Nioh at all either. Then again you can never tell with developers. Sucker Punch made infamous before Ghosts of Tsushima and I thought Infmous was a grossly overrated game / series. All style and no substance.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I mean, wasn't it with it for that GoW trailer? What were yall expecting?

Baneofthegame

Have to send my PS5 off to be repaired I think, it literally cannot play any PS5 game
Without overheating and shutting itself off, any other games PS4/3 or using it for apps is fine.

Absolutely frustrating.